Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 95783 Views

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Feb 2019 03:54 #338882

For me the less frequent I'm on this site the better..

Oops Just realized my shavua ended last week.. totally forgot..

א טפח העכער...
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Feb 2019 14:13 #339192

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If whatever it is your doing (or not doing) is working for your, please share it with the chevre.

The power of the forum is the collective experience of many different people with many different paths. If you have something that works, please share In a not so cryptic message:)
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Feb 2019 21:19 #339200

Lol

I just happened to come in this website even though I try staying off as much as possible. Reason for that is simply because i get triggered from the smallest things even from reading different peoples stories here... I'm close to 50 days clean, 2nd highest every for me since joining gye. 

By me trying to forget about this whole issue including recovery is what helps me stay clean, I don't read anything triggering etc, my urge to come onto gye is really lust deep down, seeking to have some sort of outlet.

To start my streak I did the taphsik method which was for 30 days.. since my Rav and therapist weren't too happy with me making shvouahs so I did not extend it. Bh I don't get strong urges often and when i do get small urges, i tell myself that I want to keep my steak especially when i know that once I fall it will be tough getting back up. Also I don't want to start shiduchim if this issue is still an issue..  

Hope I was clear. Feel free to comment
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Feb 2019 19:41 #339256

Day 50 wow!!

Last time I fell I was about to give up.. second highest bh since joining gye..

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Feb 2019 04:21 #339274

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great accomplishment. You have been one of the greatest inspirations on this site. Keep it up.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Feb 2019 15:37 #339280

• Tzvi5
  • Current streak: 1261 days
  • Senior Boarder
Nice keep it up

Re: A struggling bochur 04 Mar 2019 05:18 #339352

So first shot I reached 140 then got to 27 then to 43, then to 53, currently I'm at day 1 as I fell Friday night... 

Shhh I made the shavua again for a month even though my Rav is against... Sometimes we need to have מסירת נפש to stop acting out...

The reason I fell was me reading triggering things after my shvuah ended.. so now we're back on track and bh I'm getting better results after each fall.. yay! 

Never, never, never never give up.. tralala who knows that Miami song?

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 04 Mar 2019 23:50 #339382

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You read triggering stuff in Friday night?
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: A struggling bochur 05 Mar 2019 00:46 #339386

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
I focus on today, not on tomorrow.
By making a shvua, one can feel that he has to reach his goal.
And then????????????????
That alone can lead to a fall once the goal was met, till the next shvua vikach alah...........

Good luck
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum
Last Edit: 05 Mar 2019 01:07 by doingtshuva.

Re: A struggling bochur 05 Mar 2019 06:06 #339398

@hakol hevel I didn't read inappropriate stuff on Shabbos... It's just a lead up..

And @doing teshuvah for you personally making a shaua won't work however for me amongst others it does work, and the proof is, the only way I stopped acting out after the past two falls was through the shavua...

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 06 Mar 2019 21:27 #339437

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 05 Mar 2019 06:06:
@hakol hevel I didn't read inappropriate stuff on Shabbos... It's just a lead up..

And @doing teshuvah for you personally making a shaua won't work however for me amongst others it does work, and the proof is, the only way I stopped acting out after the past two falls was through the shavua...

Great, you should do and continue to do everything that helps you.
I didn't say anything against a Shvua, just in my experience it holds you back for a limited time.
In the beginning that is what we do but in the future you will understand what I mean.

Good luck!
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Mar 2019 05:53 #339497

Gut voch,

Has anyone got pain in their (right) knee from excessive mastrubation, or is it just me?

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Mar 2019 06:09 #339498

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 10 Mar 2019 05:53:
Gut voch,

Has anyone got pain in their (right) knee from excessive mastrubation, or is it just me?

Just you.

Who gave you that diagnosis?
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Mar 2019 06:21 #339499

Myself.. well right before joining gye I was acting out excessively and had knee pains after I stopped acting out, the pain went away, last week when I fell I acted out a few times and the pain came back again... I actually read online about this issue when acting out too many times..P.s are you a doctor that knows otherwise? It's easy to say not connected..

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 10 Mar 2019 06:30 #339500

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 10 Mar 2019 06:21:
Myself.. well right before joining gye I was acting out excessively and had knee pains after I stopped acting out, the pain went away, last week when I fell I acted out a few times and the pain came back again... I actually read online about this issue when acting out too many times..P.s are you a doctor that knows otherwise? It's easy to say not connected..

Not a doctor.

Search online. They say to stop masturbating while you're standing. Do it while laying on a bed instead.

Additionally, don't use your knees to stimulate yourself.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes