Welcome, Guest

just trying to do the right thing
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: just trying to do the right thing 49112 Views

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Feb 2018 21:07 #326626

Quick question how do people put links in their signature i would like to put one leading to my story??

Thanks Yankel!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Feb 2018 01:51 #326643

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
iampowerless wrote on 07 Feb 2018 21:07:
Quick question how do people put links in their signature i would like to put one leading to my story??

Thanks Yankel!

Hi Yankel, go here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/profile/my-profile/edit
and scroll down to the Signature box

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Feb 2018 04:09 #326657

Thanks @lifebound but how do i do like what you did where you write just 'my story' and it takes you to your story i dont want to write down the entire URL. Sorry i'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff

Regards Yankel!
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Feb 2018 04:41 #326659

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
iampowerless wrote on 08 Feb 2018 04:09:
Thanks @lifebound but how do i do like what you did where you write just 'my story' and it takes you to your story i dont want to write down the entire URL. Sorry i'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff

Regards Yankel!

Highlight the text ("My story" or whatever), then click the Link button. 6th button from the left, top row. Looks like a chain with a green + sign.
screenshot2018-02-07at8.39.37pm.png

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Feb 2018 12:06 #326671

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
thanks but how do you know the url

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Feb 2018 14:02 #326676

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
tzomah wrote on 08 Feb 2018 12:06:
thanks but how do you know the url

Go the first page of the post you want to link to, and copy the url from the address bar, the big bar at the top of the page where you usually type in websites.

Re: just trying to do the right thing 09 Feb 2018 16:49 #326750

Hi everyone today i'm 46 days clean! in my case and as i'm sure in many other people's case my acting out was as a way to get rid of my feelings of anxiety & depression and low self esteem, i just read the following from @acceptance and i think it's a great tool for us to use the 12 steps for our emotions as well. i'm looking to hear people's opinion on the matter!
Here is a thought. My lust comes directly from my inability to cope with my difficult feelings. so I use lust (or whatever your favorite distraction is) to distract myself from my feelings.  So here is the solution. By applying the 12 steps to my Feelings, I can accept them for what they are i.e. A 'negative' feeling is something given to me by a higher power that I have no power or control over to change. I leave changing the way I feel to my HP who either will or will not change the way I feel. But through applying the 12 steps to my feelings I can now just sit with my 'negative' 'bad' feelings and not have to distract myself with lust (or whatever your favorite distraction is). 

Good Shabbos everyone
 Yankel!

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 09 Feb 2018 17:43 #326751

• Cryingforrecovery
  • Current streak: 335 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I can relay to that, but what i found for myself is after turning to lust for every bad feeling for so many years, the adduction just brought me to get triggered from people and places without difficult feelings, so I'm realy trying to get some techniques to deal with that   

Re: just trying to do the right thing 09 Feb 2018 18:05 #326754

@cryingforrecovery 100% sobriety is a puzzle which requires the following steps:
1. A plan to avoid triggers (ex: Planning in advance, avoiding certain sites or locations, good filters etc,)
2. what to do when triggered (calling chevra, Gym, Etc)
3. being able to deal with our emotions properly realizing that as painful as these urges feel etc acting out is not the solution they will go away by themselves and we could sit through those urges as painful as they are etc

It is for step 3 that i'm recommending a strategy similar to 12 steps to deal with our emotions, but of course we still need step 1 and 2 as you very nicely pointed out all the 3 steps are required for true sobriety

Yankel!

732-646-5774

My Story

Last Edit: 09 Feb 2018 18:05 by iampowerless.

Re: just trying to do the right thing 11 Feb 2018 17:36 #326804

Wow what a tough morning i had one of the hardest i've had in a while! the truth is i didn't feel like typing yesterday's struggle but i felt it's healthy to open up about it instead of keeping it locked up inside of me. so here it goes
First of all baruch hashem the last few days i didn't felt any urges to act out so i was feeling pretty confident about myself so today's event was a little wake up call!
Anyways i woke up at 4 Am After a real intense wet dream i never had a wet dream that felt as intense and real as the one i had last night and waking up a few seconds after this wet dream the sexual thoughts and events that happened in my dream were making my head explode and really dizzy and caused me to feel like a loser as though i've failed (which is what the Yetzer hara wants) and then all kinds of thoughts of guilt were going through my head for having a wet dream (even though i shouldn't feel guilty as there is nothing i could do about them) and i just felt like masturbating would be just what i needed but baruch hashem i was able to control myself and i quickly got out of bed changed my clothing to fresher clothing and just told hashem i'm poweless you take care of me! and just took a bunch of deep breaths and tried going back to sleep last i know i woke up at 7 with a great victory! and now i'm by work feeling real good about myself instead of like a depressed loser baruch hashem! 

Your Friend Yankel

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 11 Feb 2018 18:17 #326805

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
That's awesome Yankel, fantastic victory. Handled that like a champ. It gives me inspiration to keep trucking

Re: just trying to do the right thing 12 Feb 2018 14:35 #326876

• ayidel
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
Yankel youre really pumping your muscles and doing a great job keep up the good work we're all rooting for you
i think of wet dreams that come when we are on the way to getting better as a last way of the y"h as he knows that when i have my right mindset he can't get me so he tries to knock me off balance at a time that i am not set (or get me into a mood where i lose my strength and clear mind)

Re: just trying to do the right thing 13 Feb 2018 14:48 #326932

Hi everyone today i reached 50 days clean . Each day has been a unique struggle but by dealing with it ODAAT b'h it starts adding up!
And if i was able to do this, i'm sure all of you fellow GYE Members could as well. So hop on board!!!
Anyways Looking Forward to many more clean and pure days!

Lots of Love Yankel!

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 13 Feb 2018 18:01 #326940

• ayidel
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
Great job and keep pushing ahead youre an inspiration to us all and you really seem to be on the right track

Re: just trying to do the right thing 14 Feb 2018 04:27 #326959

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Yankel you are a real inspiration! Your positivity is catchy! Mazel tov on your accomplishment. Iyh more!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes