Welcome, Guest

just trying to do the right thing
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: just trying to do the right thing 49108 Views

Re: just trying to do the right thing 06 Jan 2018 21:19 #324823

• highroller
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Great to hear. What's ODAAT ?? 

Re: just trying to do the right thing 06 Jan 2018 21:33 #324825

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
One Day At A Time
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 01:09 #324831

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Iam, BH you hit the ground running. You have made good steps in the right direction and obviously have a very healthy attitude and belief that you can break free. Keep on posting. You write honestly and courageously about your challenges. Hashem should help that all your hishtadlus in dealing with past issues help get you yishuv ha'daas and simchas ha'chaim. 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 01:09 #324833

Hi everyone thanks for the warm welcome You guys are really nice people. btw what does KOMTNMW stand for? Who is ready for part 3 of my story hopefully i'll post it tomorrow! We will get sober ODAAT
Lots of Love Yankel!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 03:57 #324841

• Hashem Help Me
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyone is waiting with baited breath..... More important is the newest chapter - the chapter of honesty and recovery - which you BH already started the day you made your first post.

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 05:45 #324850

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep On Monstuh Truckin' No Matter What!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 19:37 #324892

Hi everyone i have a scary question which is scaring me i see 2 types of people on GYE there are some who quit for really long periods of time some even over 200 days but then they relapse and don't seem to be able to get back up, others once they reach such high numbers they never look back they just keep on climbing to unbelievable numbers how do i make sure to be part of those as opposed to the other ones? it's a really scary thought reaching 200 days and then falling, even though i'm sure god is proud of what he did. Still it's got to be really depressing
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 07 Jan 2018 20:05 #324894

• 360gye
  • Current streak: 760 days
  • Gold Boarder
focus on ODAAT- one day at a time

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 00:43 #324937

• Hashem Help Me
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Just stay focused on recovery, and as mentioned - one day at a time and iyh you will be fine.

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 02:10 #324945

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Both situations are great because in both you are growing ,changing,working on yourself,coming closer to G-D ,improving etc.

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 02:36 #324946

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
Find the people you wanna look like & ask them how they did it...

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 04:51 #324953

• phill up
  • Junior Boarder
I totally understand that you're scared. It feels so devastating, both when you feel like you never stop falling and also when you think you've overcome something only to fall again. I've been in both situations. That being said - don't let fear stop you - "Hashem li lo ee'rah." Always turn to Hashem - He wants you to succeed more than anyone else. Take it one day at a time. Remove possible triggers and stick to a proactive system that will work for you. Keep on posting and connecting. You have the right desire and have so much inherent worth and beauty. We're all rooting for you!!

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 14:21 #324966

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
I would rather choose to fall once in every 200 days than twice in every 3 days

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 16:34 #324976

Hi everyone you guys are 100% right, the one tool the yetzer hara uses so smartly to get us to fall is fear, fear of failing. just this morning when i woke up i noticed had a wet dream last night (i guess it's a normal thing the body does when you are trying to quit am i correct?? Have other people experienced this as well?) and i felt really scared about myself as though i had failed, even though there is nothing that i can do about having wet dreams. but baruch hashem i was able to tell it was just a tactic by the yetzer hara to get me to fall, and put myself together and stayed clean! which now makes it 2 Clean weeks!    

732-646-5774

My Story

Re: just trying to do the right thing 08 Jan 2018 17:34 #324989

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
i defintly had such experiences ,and if i fell after a wet dream(i almost did) i probably would not  have reached being clean for 11 years(although its 10 stupid  years of falling after the 11 years)

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes