Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello 1564 Views

Hello 11 Dec 2017 21:30 #323594

• JF2
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys here's my story: 
I am 21 years old and about to enter shiduchim and I realize that when I get married I want to have a meaningful and trust based marriage. I don't want to have to lie to my wife, therefore I decided to join gye.
I struggle with watching inappropriate things on the internet and  masturbation. People that I have spoken to have told me that I am not particularly addicted its just a bad habit that I have gotten into. I am usually pretty good at focusing on the important things in life l I just find that I end up watching inappropriate things when I get bored at home. I am trying to focus on becoming more consistent in my cleanliness.

Re: Hello 11 Dec 2017 21:46 #323596

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome and try out the tools here and see how it works for you.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Hello 12 Dec 2017 01:36 #323600

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You will iyh have one lucky wife! So many guys are struggling with what you describe but so few realize the effect it will have on their marriage, or they don't have the courage to seek help. Here you will learn that intimacy and the acts you have seen on the computer having nothing in common. Maybe both have ejaculation but it is like 2 trains heading in opposite directions that pass each other somewhere along their very different routes. Keep posting and see all the things GYE has to offer. Iyh you will break free from this mess. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Hello 12 Dec 2017 07:18 #323613

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
Welcome!
you've made the right decision not just for your marriage but for yourself. You find yourself being a new better person.

Re: Hello 12 Dec 2017 15:41 #323627

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  Check out the handbook. Keep posting.

Re: Hello 14 Dec 2017 07:35 #323750

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
JF2 wrote on 11 Dec 2017 21:30:
Hey guys here's my story: 
I am 21 years old and about to enter shiduchim and I realize that when I get married I want to have a meaningful and trust based marriage. I don't want to have to lie to my wife, therefore I decided to join gye.
I struggle with watching inappropriate things on the internet and  masturbation. People that I have spoken to have told me that I am not particularly addicted its just a bad habit that I have gotten into. I am usually pretty good at focusing on the important things in life l I just find that I end up watching inappropriate things when I get bored at home. I am trying to focus on becoming more consistent in my cleanliness.

hatzlacha ,i also when i felt that i wanted to start shiduchim  tried stopping mast******* and BH was successful for a year and a half before my chasuna  and stayed clean for aother 9 years ,you could  do it too ,bezras Hashem!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: Hello 14 Dec 2017 11:05 #323753

• phill up
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome!!! What you're doing is extremely commendable. My advice to you is to stick to the process and don't forget that you're winning so much by all the steps you're taking. If you see a woman and thoughts do creep into your mind, don't beat yourself up. Remember that Hashem created each woman not as an object but as a person with a purpose in life, just as He created you. A woman's beauty exists to be appreciated in the right context and to draw her closer to her husband so that the real intimacy builds authentic love, not pure lust, between the couple and build a Torah true home. I am in a similar position to you. May we all keep our heads up and not beat ourselves up in the trees as we continually progress through this challenging albeit legacy-building forest.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes