Welcome, Guest

hopefully this works
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: hopefully this works 2982 Views

hopefully this works 26 Jun 2017 14:42 #316103

• forging on
  • Current streak: 671 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, I'm 18, a regular yeshivah bachur, and pretty much an all around great guy , only one problem, I have been watching p*** and mas**** since I was 13. I tried to quit here and there but i could never get a streak longer than a month or two. Pretty much have given up all hope for getting rid of this by myself, I hope that by coming here I can finally beat this thing once and for all.

Re: hopefully this works 26 Jun 2017 15:51 #316112

• 360gye
  • Current streak: 760 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome,
You have made the right choice coming here. It shows you really want to change and are willing to put in the effort. There many tools to help you out on GYE, as well as great people who want to help each other. 
Would you mind sharing what you have tried and why it failed?
Feel free to email (360gye@gmail.com)/PM me if you would like to

Hatzlacha,
360gye

Re: hopefully this works 26 Jun 2017 17:31 #316119

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome 

Recovery should be with Hatzlacha
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: hopefully this works 26 Jun 2017 18:49 #316126

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  I was exacly where you are over 2 decades ago.  You are smart to get help now.  It would have saved me lots of suffering for many years.  My wife finally caught me 8 years ago.  I have been sober since then with her help and the help of GYE.  The route I took is the difficult route.  Get help now, and it will be much easier in the long run.

Do you have a rebbi you can talk to?  This is an epidemic, and he has surely dealt with it before.  We are here for you.   Keep posting.

Re: hopefully this works 26 Jun 2017 20:20 #316136

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder

I hope that by coming here I can finally beat this thing once and for all.

Good luck! But i didnt beat it. I never had. I always lost. Until i could finally admit that i was hopeless, did i finally start recovering. I realized only God could help me. No one else. So good luck trying to beat this thing once and for all. Maybe you will win the war! Considering my track record, how could "I", who tried so many different things to stop, but could not, finally come and beat lust? Nah, i dont think thats going to happen. I need something larger than my self to help me  
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: hopefully this works 27 Jun 2017 05:21 #316180

• forging on
  • Current streak: 671 days
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you guys so much, i wanted to sign up and get started before i go away and not have a computer for a month. (In theory it should help me stay clean but that never stopped me before) i want you to know that i when i read your messages and saw that someone cares i teared up, hopefully this is a big step on a never ending path to become closer to Hashem.
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2017 05:24 by forging on. Reason: typo

Re: hopefully this works 29 Jun 2017 14:07 #316427

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
forging on wrote on 27 Jun 2017 05:21:
Thank you guys so much, i wanted to sign up and get started before i go away and not have a computer for a month. (In theory it should help me stay clean but that never stopped me before) i want you to know that i when i read your messages and saw that someone cares i teared up, hopefully this is a big step on a never ending path to become closer to Hashem.

Wishing you much הצלחה. This road may be a long road, it may be difficult, but not only is it possible, it's very worth it! GYE completely changed things for me, it can do the same for you. Look around the forums see what talks you. Even though I don't know you, one thing I can say, and please believe this: no matter how impossible it may seem, you definitely can succeed. So many people have come back after years and years (decades) of falling to this desire. So can you.

Re: hopefully this works 30 Jun 2017 01:55 #316470

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome!

Re: hopefully this works 03 Jul 2017 15:13 #316633

• getthere
  • Current streak: 978 days
  • Expert Boarder
Welcome to the Forum
Good for you that you are already starting now, while still single - i do not know if this is more or less difficult but its worth every ounce of strength you put in ithis.
Good Luck

Re: hopefully this works 03 Jul 2017 15:41 #316642

• Michael94
  • Current streak: 393 days
  • Senior Boarder
Oh, I'm new to this site just like you (only a week and a half on the forums) I felt hopeless 2 weeks ago but I got to tell you that in this week and a half my whole perspective have changed from how to view this nisayon and to what tools I possess to chase away my lust. 

i gotta say, that for me there's light in the end of the dark  tunnel.

Hatzlocha on ur journey. 

Re: hopefully this works 09 Sep 2018 13:10 #335406

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
forging on wrote on 26 Jun 2017 14:42:
Hi, I'm 18, a regular yeshivah bachur, and pretty much an all around great guy , only one problem, I have been watching p*** and mas**** since I was 13. I tried to quit here and there but i could never get a streak longer than a month or two. Pretty much have given up all hope for getting rid of this by myself, I hope that by coming here I can finally beat this thing once and for all.

Can you provide a little more information?

What's your day-to-day life like?
How much access to p*** do you have? Can you use filters?

What have you tried so far?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes