Welcome, Guest

MY PATH TO SANITY
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: MY PATH TO SANITY 77529 Views

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 02 May 2017 04:53 #312060

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 02 May 2017 04:42:
We all have tons of work to do, but give yourself a pat on the back for the advances you made.

Thanks for the virtual pat! You're awesome!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 01:04 #312501

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Haven't updated in a while. Resources are low. Got hit hard with my 3 stress types. Physical, Emotional, Spiritual. Perhaps will explain another day. I might be flying low, but still hanging on.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 11:11 #312529

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It should be with hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 11:21 #312530

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 13:30 #312533

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 08 May 2017 01:04:
Haven't updated in a while. Resources are low. Got hit hard with my 3 stress types. Physical, Emotional, Spiritual. Perhaps will explain another day. I might be flying low, but still hanging on.

Engage terrain-following mode, and make sure your attitude is upright and your altitude stays positive.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 18:51 #312566

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 08 May 2017 01:04:

Thanks for reaching out. Hope the rest of the day goes better for you.

Got any plans how to encourage that?
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 19:04 #312570

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks everyone for their support. Thankfully I didn't hit any turbulence (lust, acting out, etc...) Just flying on a empty tank.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 19:08 #312573

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Time to refill on some
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 19:30 #312576

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, time to explain a little. One of my mine triggers is stress in it various forms. I have defined stress in the following 3 categories.
  1. Physical - Anything from a headache, stomach ache, tiredness, actually being sick, hungry, allergies, cold, etc...
  2. Emotional - Feelings of Despair, depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, worry, etc...
  3. Spiritual - Feeling like a failure in Ruchniyos, Feelings of guilt over past sins, not feeling like I am actually praying, feelings of emptiness.

L'Mushel the person as an army with limited resources (unlike some countries which can just continue to go in to debt.) they can only fight a limited amount of different fronts at a time, So to a person can only deal with a limited amount of issues at a time. The goal is to turn as much as you can into non-issues.
This past Friday, I got hit with feelings of despair, Co-workers dumped projects on me, feeling overworked and underpaid. I stopped myself and offered a prayer to Hashem, He should help me realize that my paycheck is not from My Boss, but from Him, and he should help my financial situation. However these thoughts keep coming up, I'm wallowing in despair. Add to the mix, I'm physically very under the weather, and you get a recipe for disaster. In the past I used to turn to my drug of choice and act out. Thank God that is not even on mind now. I just must pray it should remain that way, since I don't feel like I have the resources to fight if hit with lust.
I hope to update when I feel better!
Last Edit: 09 May 2017 02:56 by ... Reason: typo

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 19:35 #312578

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Try calling one of the GEVALIDGA chevrah here 
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 08 May 2017 21:31 #312590

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Update: I meant when a feel physically better. Hard to do anything, especially talking, when I'm coughing, sneezing every 10 seconds. Trying to catch my breath wheezing away. I'll be fine IY"H in a few days. Perhaps then I'll be able to speak to someone regarding my emotional stress...

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 09 May 2017 01:11 #312605

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you home from work because of your cold? If so, the extra time off might by itself present a challenge. If so it may pay to reach out even if you are all stuffed up. 

Just my two cents.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 09 May 2017 01:21 #312607

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Im joining lion king in the first category of triggers,woke up today with scratchy throat feeling run down,that always pulls me down, I have to learn not to focus on it "big deal it's only a cold for heavens sake", but no the whole world has to suffer couse I am getting a cold

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 09 May 2017 01:23 #312608

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Lets focus on everything good we had TODAY!!

I can write all night.........

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 09 May 2017 08:30 #312632

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
lionking wrote on 08 May 2017 19:30:
Ok, time to explain a little. One of my mine triggers is stress in it various forms. I have defined stress in the following 3 categories.
  1. Physical - Anything from a headache, stomach ache, tiredness, actually being sick, hungry, allergies, cold, etc...
  2. Emotional - Feelings of Despair, depression, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, worry, etc...
  3. Spiritual - Feeling like a failure in Ruchniyos, Feelings of guilt over past sins, not feeling like I am actually praying, feelings of emptiness.

L'Mushel the person as an army with limited resources (unlike some countries which can just continue to go in to debt.) they can only fight a limited amount of different fronts at a time, So to a person can only deal with a limited amount of issues at a time. The goal is to turn as much as you can into non-issues.
This past Friday, I got hit with feelings of despair, Co-workers dumped projects on me, feeling overworked and underpaid. I stopped myself and offered a prayer to Hashem, He should help me realize that my paycheck is not from My Boss, but from Him, and he should help my financial situation. However these thoughts keep coming up, I'm wallowing in despair. Add to the mix, I'm physically very under the weather, and you get a recipe for disaster. In the past I used to turn to my drug of choice and act out. Thank God that is not even on mind now. I just must pray it should remain that way, since I don't feel like I have the resources to fight if hit with lust.
I hope to update when I feel better!

I feel you completely. I have beef with God when it comes to my being sick. And I tend to overeat and have low self care. But I PG will try digest the idea that periods like these are incubation periods. I need to take care of myself or else it will just be so much harder once I'm let out into the wild again... 
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes