Welcome, Guest

Glad to be here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Glad to be here 92485 Views

Re: Glad to be here 20 Sep 2015 21:28 #264221

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I don't if it's just me, but GYE chat doesn't work in my Chrome browser and hasn't for about two months. If you've messaged me and I haven't answered, you now have the likely reason.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2015 21:31 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 20 Sep 2015 23:40 #264227

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
On a PC or on a smartPhone? It's been working fine on my computer. Do you gEt some sort of error? If so email it to eyes.guard@gmail.com
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Glad to be here 21 Sep 2015 00:09 #264228

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
On my laptop. I'm going to try it on a PC. I emailed Guard.

Ty!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Glad to be here 22 Sep 2015 02:37 #264414

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Who do I serve?
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 22 Sep 2015 02:54 #264415

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Who will I serve?
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 22 Sep 2015 03:28 #264420

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Myself? God? God for myself?

Maybe I'm better off not serving anyone at all. Even in serving there is too much ego for someone like me. I have to be a yesh to think I can be of service to God. Maybe others aren't that way, but I am. Maybe I should place my will and trust in the care of God.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 23 Sep 2015 17:41 #264477

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I hear what you are saying. I also have too much ego to consider myself a servant of Hashem, then I start doing it for me, which perverts the whole idea.

But is not placing all our trust in Him declaring that RBS"O I am your servant. Do with me what You will.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov
Last Edit: 23 Sep 2015 17:42 by MBJ.

Re: Glad to be here 02 Oct 2015 04:28 #265022

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
It is frustrating to see people seeking mental health advice on an anonymous website. It is frightening that people here actually dole out that advice.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Last Edit: 02 Oct 2015 04:49 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 11 Oct 2015 23:41 #265624

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
For some reason I never get the 411 on when the new cycle of phone conferences starts. I saw a post from Guard today about it, so I'm pasting it here for those of you who are like me. Also pls note Dov's call started a new cycle today.

12-Step phone conferences.

They are starting a new cycle on Oct 19 be"h.

See guardyoureyes.com/component/zoo/item/big-book-study-grouphis!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 12 Oct 2015 00:18 #265626

It's not just you! I'm having a lot of issues with the gye chat On my iPhone as well.

Re: Glad to be here 12 Oct 2015 04:01 #265641

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote:
Myself? God? God for myself?

Maybe I'm better off not serving anyone at all. Even in serving there is too much ego for someone like me. I have to be a yesh to think I can be of service to God. Maybe others aren't that way, but I am. Maybe I should place my will and trust in the care of God.

I don't understand where you're going with this.

Does your status of an addict release you from v'ovadta es Hashem Elokecha?

I can't wrap my head around the logic of I am too unworthy to be unworthy. So what are you - worthy or unworthy? Do you exist? Does Hashem not want your service, as lowly as you believe it to be?

Please explain this to me.
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Glad to be here 12 Oct 2015 05:27 #265644

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote:
It is frustrating to see people seeking mental health advice on an anonymous website. It is frightening that people here actually dole out that advice.

Can you post this where you see it happening?
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Glad to be here 18 Oct 2015 02:53 #266205

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I think one of my character defects is my tendency to rank people including myself. I'm usually ranked pretty high over all, by the way . I can also rank myself fairly low at times. I think this may be part of the reason I don't deal well at all with getting called out on something in front of group of people. I guess I've kind of already ranked myself in that group, somewhere near or at the top and then someone comes a long and tears me down. (This happened recently btw) My response was to react poorly and later try to garner support and affirmation from one of the higher ups in the group, and not only didn't he give me what I was looking for, but he criticized me further. Me defense mechanism then sent me into a pattern of thought that this guy is just a simple guy and just not in the same league as me. That thought process is making me think that my tendency to rank people is just me being on the offensive to protect myself from hurt.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Last Edit: 10 Oct 2016 15:17 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 18 Oct 2015 03:34 #266206

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi Mr Serenity

I love you and appreciate the posts you write and what you are trying to say. Let's make that clear from the outset.

Based on the deep stuff you just wrote above about ranking, I can certainly relate. But based on the actual context and circumstances of the situations you describe these ideas coming up in, my heart tells me that you might get a lot further by not getting involved in your motivations, attitudes, or step4-ing it.

Instead, I feel perhaps that staying very simple and looking at your behavior and actions would deliver more bang for your buck in these cases, as would talking them over with a sponsor. I feel that the dirction you are choosing to go sounds very recovery-ish, but may not be.

Just a thought. Let me know if you get my drift...

- Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Glad to be here 18 Oct 2015 03:41 #266207

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Agree 100%. Ty!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes