Welcome, Guest

Glad to be here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Glad to be here 92484 Views

Re: Glad to be here 25 Jul 2015 00:08 #260268

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Good Shabboss!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Glad to be here 30 Jul 2015 23:48 #260600

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
"I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything."
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2015 23:49 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 31 Jul 2015 00:38 #260603

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Uplifting !! Thank You.

Re: Glad to be here 31 Jul 2015 02:42 #260609

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
One of the best quotes, thanks!
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: Glad to be here 10 Aug 2015 01:10 #261297

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Just wanted to update a bit. I'm really not sure how I'm doing. I literally spent the entire day today in service to others and I'm grateful for that opportunity. I'm stuck on the 6th step and haven't done any work on it in a couple weeks. I'm not sure why I'm avoiding it. Shabboss morning on the way to shul, I spoke out a gratitude list to myself. I've been waking up in the morning with Modeh and the step 3 prayer. That has been helping get my day off to a good start.

Thanks for listening.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 10 Aug 2015 01:43 #261300

• rav etzlo
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
serenity wrote:
. I've been waking up in the morning with Modeh and the step 3 prayer. That has been helping get my day off to a good start.

Love that idea! Blee neder going to do that...
Thank you!

Re: Glad to be here 13 Aug 2015 04:33 #261666

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I just wanted to paste this post of Dov's here. I'm not posting it to raise concerns about GYE in any way and I'm sorry if it has that effect. I wouldn't want to shter anyone's recovery. I'm posting it to let people know that they are safe in SA meetings.

"And one more thing:

Even if your name is not Tzvi, you already gave away a lot of specific information about yourself (and your wife) that could be self-identifying.

Remember, anybody can and does read this forum. Jews, gentiles, trouble-makers, good people, evil - really evil and dangerous people, and your wife or neighborhood friends and family, too. Anyone.

So please consider being a bit more careful. If you choose to, you can even erase some possibly unnecessary details you wrote (like the miscarriage, your age, and recent semicha).

In this respect, and SA meeting is far safer than GYE. Walking into a live SA meeting and sharing all this (including bringing your face) has rarely endangered anyone. Iv'e been going to live meetings for 18 1/2 years with many frum and non-Jewish people, in frum, goyish, and my own neighborhoods for all these years as many others have - and my kids are getting great shiduchim, my job has not suffered, etc. Nobody knows where these meetings are - and no one comes into them, unless they are desperate first, themselves!

Curious onlookers do not actually walk into SA meetings and sit down with a bunch of perverts such as myself. Seriously.

But GYE has many, many curious onlookers to the forum. Many even read this entire forum without even getting membership or a username! It's a free and open forum for reading.

So just a thought.

- Dov"

Along the same lines as what Dov is saying, I will relate something I experienced with a guy here. I was chatting with him privately and he was afraid to give out any identifying information. That was fine with me, after all it's his prerogative. This same guy gave out his actual personal information to a woman in a chat room. The woman then threatened to use that info against him. When I pointed this out this paradox to him, he didn't understand my point. That is the mind of an addict.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 13 Aug 2015 20:11 #261751

• cordnoy
serenity wrote:
I just wanted to paste this post of Dov's here. I'm not posting it to raise concerns about GYE in any way and I'm sorry if it has that effect. I wouldn't want to shter anyone's recovery. I'm posting it to let people know that they are safe in SA meetings.

"And one more thing:

Even if your name is not Tzvi, you already gave away a lot of specific information about yourself (and your wife) that could be self-identifying.

Remember, anybody can and does read this forum. Jews, gentiles, trouble-makers, good people, evil - really evil and dangerous people, and your wife or neighborhood friends and family, too. Anyone.

So please consider being a bit more careful. If you choose to, you can even erase some possibly unnecessary details you wrote (like the miscarriage, your age, and recent semicha).

In this respect, and SA meeting is far safer than GYE. Walking into a live SA meeting and sharing all this (including bringing your face) has rarely endangered anyone. Iv'e been going to live meetings for 18 1/2 years with many frum and non-Jewish people, in frum, goyish, and my own neighborhoods for all these years as many others have - and my kids are getting great shiduchim, my job has not suffered, etc. Nobody knows where these meetings are - and no one comes into them, unless they are desperate first, themselves!

Curious onlookers do not actually walk into SA meetings and sit down with a bunch of perverts such as myself. Seriously.

But GYE has many, many curious onlookers to the forum. Many even read this entire forum without even getting membership or a username! It's a free and open forum for reading.

So just a thought.

- Dov"

Along the same lines as what Dov is saying, I will relate something I experienced with a guy here. I was chatting with him privately and he was afraid to give out any identifying information. That was fine with me, after all it's his prerogative. This same guy gave out his actual personal information to a woman in a chat room. The woman then threatened to use that info against him. When I pointed this out this paradox to him, he didn't understand my point. That is the mind of an addict.

When Dov first posted that, I commented that I have not heard of any mishap or fallout from gye either, but I do agree with your paradox point.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Glad to be here 13 Aug 2015 20:35 #261756

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmm... The paradox in that story is certainly food for thought..
Last Edit: 13 Aug 2015 20:35 by shlomo613. Reason: Typo

Re: Glad to be here 14 Aug 2015 21:49 #261820

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I really felt like I was heading for a fall yesterday. Maybe not right then, but eventually. I was trying not to think that way, because worrying about how I may fall can contribute to the fall. Then I had an amazing thought. What would my program say to do now and why aren't I working it. Novel idea, no? LOL. I called my sponsor and spoke everything out with him. Once I did that, I totally forgot about my fears and didn't even think about it til now.

When I fall, it's going to be because I'm not working my program.

Another point is that the reason I even thought to work my program, is because I secretary a SA meeting and didn't want to blow that. Commitments are important to me.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 14 Aug 2015 22:14 #261823

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Please Hashem give me back my Neshama
serenity wrote:

Another point is that the reason I even thought to work my program, is because I secretary a SA meeting and didn't want to blow that. Commitments are important to me.

I think most people only fall when they are masiach daas from their program whatever that program may be. Your idea of doing something to make sure you stay committed to your program at all times is something I would like to learn from and find ways to keep tied to my program. Maybe a good way to do this would be to be accountable to some people such that you would always be in contact with at least someone and have to tell them where you're up to.

Re: Glad to be here 14 Aug 2015 22:20 #261826

• cordnoy
Hashivalisesonyishecho wrote:
serenity wrote:

I think most people only fall when they are masiach daas from their program whatever that program may be. Your idea of doing something to make sure you stay committed to your program at all times is something I would like to learn from and find ways to keep tied to my program. Maybe a good way to do this would be to be accountable to some people such that you would always be in contact with at least someone and have to tell them where you're up to.

Ummm....Yes!

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Glad to be here 16 Aug 2015 01:17 #261832

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
300 Cumulative days today. I fine that feature of the 90 day chart works for me.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 16 Aug 2015 03:37 #261835

• humble
  • Senior Boarder
WOW MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!! main thing is whatever works for you......works. something i need to keep in mind and not be pressured by others to do things their way, there is no one size fits all to dealing with this problem.
getting better one situation at a time

Re: Glad to be here 16 Aug 2015 10:30 #261844

• cordnoy
serenity wrote:
300 Cumulative days today. I fine that feature of the 90 day chart works for me.

Yes, I have advocated that the accumulated number should be featured as well.

Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes