Welcome, Guest

Where to start?
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to start? 1263 Views

Re: Where to start? 11 Oct 2013 01:20 #220837

• R76
  • Gold Boarder
>> This free download may help you decide what kind of Jew you want to be.
>> animaamin.org/news/free-10-hour-download/

Thanks. I do not know -- I am really afraid to give up many things I have as a semiobservant Jew. I plan to observe at Conservadox level, which would definitly mean giving up m. and not buying new magazines/movies (I recently threw my collection away).

But there are things I am afraid to give up -- mostly my laziness in not doing many required things.

Re: Where to start? 20 Oct 2013 02:03 #221446

Hi R76
to take on new things always seems daunting
especially when one didn't start off that way

if I may suggest something, pick something which doesnt enroach on your level of observance
why not broaden your horizons with the wealth of sage understanding of the human psyche
by learning the Ethics of the Fathers (Pirkei Avot)
there's not alot of Jewish Law there, which seems to be formidable to you
and there are many english books which elaborate on that tractate
"You should love Hashem with all your heart..."
bechal levavecha, with your yetzer hatov and yetzer hara...

Re: Where to start? 20 Oct 2013 04:35 #221450

• R76
  • Gold Boarder
Definitely -- I listen to many free audio lectures from toldot.ru. English lectures are at chabad.org.

Re: Where to start? 23 Oct 2013 02:50 #221639

• Pure Daniel
  • Junior Boarder
  • TODAY is the most important avoidah in your life.
R76 wrote:
I have accepted the fact that I am destined for Gehenna, but I want to avoid the sins leading to ETERNAL GEHENNA.

I don't care what sins you may have done in your past, we are only judged on who we are TODAY!

You cannot know that you are destined for Gehenim. You must remember that you are a precious child of G-D and a father only wants the best for his dear child.

Please stop putting yourself down and start looking at yourself as a holy Jew. Because that is what each and every one of us are.

A father never gives up on his son and so HaSHem will never give up on you.

Smile and celebrate the good things you have in life. Count your blessings and happiness will set you free!

Stay Pure,

Daniel
guardyoureyes.com/forum/46-12-Step-Workshops/245649-Links-to-the-12-Step-Workshop-Talks

Call or email and lets mechazek each other
+44(0)20 3503 0766
puredaniel613@gmail.com

Stay Pure,
Daniel UK

Re: Where to start? 24 Oct 2013 06:40 #221771

• R76
  • Gold Boarder
Pure Daniel wrote:
Please stop putting yourself down and start looking at yourself as a holy Jew. Because that is what each and every one of us are.

I am no more and no less bad or good then the vast majority of Reform and Conservative Jews in USA. Definitely that is not the right path.

I am not a sinner in a righteous generation, but I am one of the majority.
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013 06:41 by R76.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes