Welcome, Guest

Personal recovery plan
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Personal recovery plan 27155 Views

Re: Personal recovery plan 12 Oct 2011 15:46 #121898

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
a gut yom tov with simcha venachas to you and yours

(ps. i will be on the prowl for sukkos waving the white flag und... jolly rogers... )

@Dov, thanks for that ma'amar, i printed it out for later reference. it is up there with the Cap'n Kirk ma'amar, imho.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Personal recovery plan 12 Oct 2011 15:50 #121899

• Dov
  • Administrator
You are most kind, saheeb!

And a sweet and freilachen Succos to the threadmeister Obbormottel, and all us Peanut Gallery folksl!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Personal recovery plan 12 Oct 2011 18:06 #121915

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you, Dov, for your involvement and your good wishes. A freilachen yontiff, to you, too.
Can I get a copy of Cap'n Kirk ma'amar? Sounds interesting...
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 00:11 #121992

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
A gut moed!
So the kids are begging me to take them to a Bais Hashoeivo concert, and the wife says I shouldn't go because of all the women that are going to be there.
Can I go if I promise not  to look?
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 05:27 #121999

• Dov
  • Administrator
To heck with you. Just listen to your wife. The fact that she might be falling into a trap of trying to control you is a separate matter. Nu, one thing at a time, habibi...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 19:54 #122056

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Tell your wife to take them to the beis hashoeva!

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 20:10 #122059

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
If his wife goes to the concert there will be one more woman for all the men to look at. But if my wife takes my kids to the concert I can stay in my Succah and I won't see any of the women.

Wilma!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 20:44 #122064

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 17 Oct 2011 19:54:

Tell your wife to take them to the beis hashoeva!

why didn't I think of that? oh, because she wouldn't go by herself....
does "the heck with me" includes "the heck with the kids" who were looking forward to some chol hamoed entertainment with a famous perfomer?
Anyways, the Wife and I took all the kids and went, and I watched my eyes and didn't die, so that was good.
Baby steps.

Re: Personal recovery plan 17 Oct 2011 21:58 #122065

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
Well done Mottel.
I went to the Kosel today and watched my eyes and didn't die, so that was good. I went early in the morning and took off my glasses at times, which made it easier.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: Personal recovery plan 24 Oct 2011 18:03 #122388

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Sounds like we might need a new thread titled "I watched my eyes and didn't die" .

Re: Personal recovery plan 24 Oct 2011 18:12 #122391

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Personal recovery plan 26 Oct 2011 17:18 #122843

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, I'm back.
I spent last three days (starting with Motzei Shabbos) contemplating suicide and divorce, in that order. Frankly, I didn't see any reasons other than the "lav" not to swerve into oncoming traffic.
I apologize to everyone on this forum for staying inside my head, but I finally came out of it last night and called a friend, and shared, shared, shared....and when I came home I was much better. I had to read the Handbook, and some other material on the GYE to finally break through. I was also following the forum, and reading Dov's long posts from recent times as well as of yore. I just couldn't bring myself to post. So I caught myself looking around on the street and "testing" the filter on the home computer, and the filter takka didn't work(!) and I saw a home page of something and thank G-d my son was at home, so I clicked out right away and had the Wife reset the filter that evening.
I realized that one of the reasons I couldn't bring myself to post was that I was (wrongly) expecting someone from the forum to reach out to ME, ME, ME.
It was all about me for the last couple of days, and I just couldn't shake myself off.
So even the most selfish thing in the world, such as suicide, didn't seem so foreign.
Originally I was gonna wait till 90 days clean to decide if I need to go to meetings or whatever, but I think I'm gonna go this Thursday (a few days shy of 90) to an information meeting, and take it from there. My head is just too d4mn dark of a place to try and live my life in.
Baby steps.

Re: Personal recovery plan 26 Oct 2011 17:40 #122849

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
obormottel wrote on 26 Oct 2011 17:18:

I spent last three days (starting with Motzei Shabbos) contemplating suicide and divorce, in that order.

You do realize that if you want to do both you need to do them in reverse order  ;D.

Re: Personal recovery plan 26 Oct 2011 17:50 #122852

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
why kill myself (ch'v) if I'm divorced anyways?
Baby steps.

Re: Personal recovery plan 26 Oct 2011 17:53 #122854

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Just a joke. hope you took it that way.  Hope your "chakira" was just a joke too.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes