Welcome, Guest

Personal recovery plan
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Personal recovery plan 26762 Views

Re: Personal recovery plan 23 Sep 2011 16:07 #120118

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
obormottel wrote on 23 Sep 2011 07:19:

My anniversary present to Wife was the Garden of Peace (A Marital Guide for Men only) with my promise to read it and become a better husband. I also printed out a greeting card on MS Publisher instead of giving my money to Hallmark. It saved me five bucks and showed a personal touch. Don't know what I'm getting yet, we'll keep you posted.
We went for a little romantic walk to the neighbourhood supermarket, and chatted about my progress in recovery (it's also 50 days today) and other things in life.
I am in higher spirits now than when I woke up, so that's good.

Mottel, that sounds beautiful! seems to me that you are headed in the right direction. keep at it. much continued hatzlocha!

regarding opening up to your friend, seeing how your wife is on board and that you have the determination to keep moving onward and upward i'm confident that you will speak to people at the right time.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Personal recovery plan 27 Sep 2011 18:44 #120544

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mottel, ma nishma? round challahs? raisins? honey? honey-cake? a good maamar (ani ledodi)?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Personal recovery plan 27 Sep 2011 19:48 #120559

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 27 Sep 2011 18:44:

Mottel, ma nishma? round challahs? raisins? honey? honey-cake? a good maamar (ani ledodi)?

Thanks for asking: my wife bakes challas, so whichever shape they come out will be fine with me. Honey, yes sir, all the way till Hoishana Rabbo, and then it's mashke season!
Ani l'doidi is a gevaldige maamor, both from the Alter Rebbe's Likuttei Toiro and the Rebbe's.
So the Rebbe says in the Ani l'Doidi of 5734, that the entire year is given to us on credit, and then in Choidesh Elul the loan matures and it's time to pay up. We pay up with tshuvo and cheshbon hanefesh but what if you come up short? Says the Rebbe, that with the proper slichois saying der Eibershter settles the loan for pennies on the dollar!
So we don't stay in debt for the new year, our credit history is great, and we qualify for a new loan!
Ksivo v'chasimo toivo, everybody! Apply for 100 MIL loan next year, I'm sure it'll get approved as long as you don't have any outstanding debts!
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Last Edit: 27 Sep 2011 20:01 by .

Re: Personal recovery plan 27 Sep 2011 19:55 #120565

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Amen!

thanks for sharing those words, gevaldigggg
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Personal recovery plan 27 Sep 2011 21:53 #120583

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
I just had the best Rosh Hashono present from one of the guys on GYE.
I got in contact with him and fessed up that I have my collection of all-time-favorite shmutz on an external hard drive. Now, I haven't as much as peeked ever since I'm on the programm, but it was sitting there and it was burning a hole in my head.
So this morning we got on the phone (my first time talking to anyone from GYE live, and I didn't die!) and he stayed on the phone with me untill I deleted the file folder.
DELETED!!!!!!!! It was really precious and I know I would've gone for a "last look" if I were to go about deleting it myself.
I feel bad now, of course, because this means REALLY no turning back, and they were just such good friends....
I will be a better Jew next year! I don't care what Dov says, I wanna be a better Jew as much as I want to be a recovering sex addict. With der Eibershter's Boruch Hu help, of course.
Love you all and especially thankful to the good fella who pushed me to do the right thing before Rosh Hashono!
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Re: Personal recovery plan 27 Sep 2011 22:11 #120584

• bardichev
way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 13:57 #120635

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
INCREDIBLE! NO TURNING BACK! NO REVERSE ON OUR TRUCK! I think bards is having a hashpoah on me .

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 14:35 #120640

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mottel that is gevaldig!!
you hit one out of the park
very happy for you
you should buy yourself a nice big bottle of mashkeh lekovod this
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 15:32 #120649

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder

Shteig on O'Mottel !!

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 15:33 #120650

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
OM, Make sure you empty the recycling bin too!  If you didn't do that, you can call me.  I've lived to call a few people on GYE and you've lived through your first.  There's a good chance that we'll both live through it .

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 16:06 #120653

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mottel you are so strong! A true Giboir!

Don't feel bad, they weren't really your friends anyway.....

You ARE a better Jew and you will continue to be better and better!

KVT & KOMT!!!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 18:41 #120679

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
gibbor120 wrote on 28 Sep 2011 15:33:

OM, Make sure you empty the recycling bin too!  If you didn't do that, you can call me.  I've lived to call a few people on GYE and you've lived through your first.  There's a good chance that we'll both live through it .

I spoke to two people now, one more special than the other! Of course, I myself sound like a dork, but when you get to know me I'm quite personable...
Do you think an external harddrive has recycling bin? I don't think so, but now I'm afraid to go looking....
Baby steps.

Re: Personal recovery plan 28 Sep 2011 18:45 #120681

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'm not sure either.  i would just empty your computer's recycling bin just in case.  Just right click and empty it.  DON'T OPEN the recycling bin.  Have a ksiva vchasima tova and a good yom tov! I look forward to "see"ing all my GYE friends after yom tov.

Re: Personal recovery plan 04 Oct 2011 15:52 #121015

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Been so busy with the yomim toivim, no time for a good long post.
I'm reading the Garden of Peace (didn't realize it was Breslov till I started. Oh, well  ).
I need to find a balance between not loosing what's left of my self-esteem and reigning in on my ga'ava and egotism. So far, I'm just feeling down, which is definitely not the way to go.
G'mar chasimo toivo, friends!
Baby steps.

Re: Personal recovery plan 04 Oct 2011 16:22 #121019

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I just started garden of peace too.  I wish both of us lots of true peace.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes