Welcome, Guest

hello my friends....
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: hello my friends.... 101485 Views

Re: hello my friends.... 15 Mar 2012 15:59 #134756

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Trukkkkk along. Just trukkkkk

(text from the rebbe reb b this morning)
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: hello my friends.... 15 Mar 2012 17:20 #134767

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
truck on track you trucker

Re: hello my friends.... 15 Mar 2012 18:44 #134771

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder

We're with you for the long haul bro

Re: hello my friends.... 15 Mar 2012 22:32 #134787

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
  • men darf alla mohl mechazek zein
gevura you have done such amazing work untill now this is the yetzer harah saying hey I did not forget about you.Hold on.I do not know if you are doing a specific program or you are seeing someone,if you are just keep working it.What was helpful to me is to write out on a piece of paper exactly what is going on what are your thoughts and actions.Hatzlochah

Re: hello my friends.... 16 Mar 2012 12:24 #134808

wow, thanks for you sharing your struggles!! Your fall and rise have helped me and will surely help others.  I'm having a similar lull after a strong closeness to haKBH.  It's so sad, I don't feel nothin' like you say.  your dvort hits the nail on the head.  all aspects of the home are ways to keep close to H", our hearts, but mamash, our shabbos tables (Altars) our doors, our wives, our children... The Netivot Shalom also has some soothing words on this subject, he said going through the lulls in our service and closeness doesn't mean we are failing in the least, he connects it to "David Melech Israel Chai v'Kayam".  What does Chai V'kayam mean??  he suggests that even though physically Dovid Melech is no longer here, he is alive and waiting to rise. Similarly in our service, when we feel we have lost our connection, we need to remember "Chai v'kayam".  a day will come when we get close again.
Recovery in 6 words:  Trust H".  Clean House.  Help others.

Re: hello my friends.... 25 Mar 2012 03:07 #135180

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Quick Hallel vort...

"Ki Govar Oleinu Chasdo, VeEmes Hashem Leolam..."

Sometimes we find ourselves feeling so distanced from Hashem, we feel rejected and alone. we feel like there is no hope of return, we may even begin to doubt....

But then He OVERPOWERS us with His Chesed, and we are compelled to see His Truth...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello my friends.... 27 Mar 2012 21:34 #135271

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
hey GSY,  so Here's my chesed followthrough that you taught me by being who you are. 

I understand about restarting the clock even though it's about a "grey area".  I did the same thing.  and the restart for me was not some sort of perfectionism, I don't think.  I just felt the need to get off the 90 day thing, and see if I could throw out how I was using the chart and just take one day at a time.  I don't know the inner workings of all that, and certainly don't know yours, but thought I'd share.

Beyond that, i think you are indeed vested somehow with a smidge more Gevurah than many.  Why?  Because your shmiras eynayim, etc is two-fold those of us who aren't ssa.  I can't imagine rising to that level, and you are able to do it.  The depth of your commitment is just beyond what I think I'd ever be capable of.  It would require a huge dose of help from "H and others.  Kol hakovod.

Re: hello my friends.... 29 Mar 2012 07:30 #135323

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
1daat wrote on 27 Mar 2012 21:34:

I think you are indeed vested somehow with a smidge more Gevurah than many.  Why?  Because your shmiras eynayim, etc is two-fold those of us who aren't SSA.  I can't imagine rising to that level, and you are able to do it.  The depth of your commitment is just beyond what I think I'd ever be capable of.  It would require a huge dose of help from Hashem and others.

Only a smidge?
If we are soldiers in Hashem's Army, the SSA guys are the SAS. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: hello my friends.... 29 Mar 2012 13:22 #135328

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the Chizuk. I need it badly right now...

Gevura! (Super Secret Agent, trying for Successful Shemiras Ainayim but in a Seriously Slippy Attitude)

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: hello my friends.... 05 Apr 2012 17:56 #135582

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
It's almost a year now since I took that first step toward breaking free. It's been a wild ride, with ups and downs, and I definitely have a long way to go before I can say that I have achieved any real "recovery" from my SSA. But I have managed to stay (mostly) sober and I have seen great improvement in my feelings and attitudes, especially in not feeling so disconnected from the world like I used to. And it is in a large part thanks to all of you, my friends. Without your support and encouragement there is no way I could have stuck it out this long. And your camaraderie and humor keeps me going when i am struggling and losing my will to continue.

May we all be Zoche to be redeemed from our own personal "Mitzrayim", and together with all of Klal Yisroel to the Geula Sheleimo Bimheiro, Omain!

Chag Kosher Vesomeach!
(And don't forget to clean the truck  )

Gevura!

- General Grant

Re: hello my friends.... 06 Apr 2012 21:13 #135617

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
GiShYe, a year!  just Amazing.  Thank you for everything you've contributed to my life.  Chag Sameyach, bro.

Re: hello my friends.... 17 Apr 2012 09:36 #135798

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Go, GEVURA, go!!!!!

Re: hello my friends.... 18 Apr 2012 04:53 #135846

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Nuuuu????

Re: hello my friends.... 18 Apr 2012 16:44 #135866

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy birthday to me.....

No, it's not my "real" birthday. But tonight marks exactly one year from when I "came out" and told my wife about my problem, and took the first steps to begin to struggle with it. In a way I was "born again", and given a second chance to make my life what it ought to be.

It's been a difficult, yet wonderful year. I feel a new closer connection with Hashem, and my relationship with my wife and family is so much better. I am learning to get out of my shell and be more social, and the feelings of loneliness and "different-ness" are somewhat abating.

On the other hand, it has also been painful and frustrating. In a way the pain is more real than before, now that I am conscious of it and I am not numbing myself by retreating into my fantasy world. And the struggle is unrelenting, there is no hiding place for me.

But in the end, in the words of the famous campaign slogan, "Are you better off than you were one year ago?" I have to say, "YES!"

Thank you Hashem for dragging me kicking and screaming from the depths, and for holding me tight when I have lost the strength and the will to hold on to You.

And I thank all of you, for being here to support and encourage me along the way.

KOMT!!!

Gevura!

- General Grant

Re: hello my friends.... 18 Apr 2012 17:13 #135869

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
It is an honor and a privilege to call you a brother in arms.
Mazel tov on the "birthday"! Keep coming back...sober!
Mottel
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes