Welcome, Guest

LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.

TOPIC: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29832 Views

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 15:54 #330436

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Ask a diabetic why he is taking that sugary food, he knows it is bad for him.
When a person is lusting after something, he blocks out the things he knows about, in order to obtain his object of desire. Knowledge can help before someone even gets aroused.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 15:57 #330437

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
is that another way of saying that you claim temporary insanity?

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 16:17 #330438

• ieeyc
  • Banned
i think the answer to the spoiler is a known idea,and that is , there is reuvan and shimon, reuvan grew up being taught that its forbidden to look at women etc...shimon  on the other hand grew up among goyim and had the mindset of a  goy, nothings wrong ,nothings asur etc,one day shimon sees something in the street and looks, yanky approaches shimon and says ,why did you look at that lady,doesnt reuvan know that its forbidden?shimon will look at yanky and ask what does reuvans  knowledge have to do with me?

The same exact thing is with us , we have a seichel, brain(reuvan) ,it knows,it has the knowledge that looking is forbidden,the heart(shimon) which controls our actions[in chazals lashon,the melech of all the ayvarim is the heart] has the desire to look and DOES NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS FORBIDDEN! and the fact that reuvan (the brain) knows ,it does not affect the ignorant heart(shimon)

Whats OUR job, to take that knowledge in the brain and to send it to the heart until not only the brain knows it but also the heart knows it , and when the heart knows that its wrong to look, youll see a MAJOR difference in what you do in the street.
VIYADATA HAYOM, VIHASHAYVOSA EL LIVVECHA-YOU SHOULD know ths idea, and send  it to the heart, dont let it just remain  in the brain,and THATS  what learning musar accomplishes.

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 16:31 #330439

• ieeyc
  • Banned
i dont mean it as a shtoch,just translating the words  of ru`ach shtus roughly.

Last Edit: 29 Apr 2018 16:40 by ieeyc.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 16:37 #330440

• ieeyc
  • Banned
lionking wrote on 29 Apr 2018 08:57:

However when I am insane, then unfortunately yes, I will act out, (borrowing from your lexicon) "feces and all".

you mean to say 'however when i am insane "-from the ruach shtus?

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 16:49 #330443

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
For me it's the fact that I care more about myself than I do that it's assur.
In other words, it's a lot easier for me to live with disobeying God than it is to live with my life and emotions.

Call it ruach shtus, call it insanity... whatever you want. For me I don't think it's a lack of knowledge in my heart.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 16:53 #330444

• ieeyc
  • Banned
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 16:17:
i think the answer to the spoiler is a known idea,and that is , there is reuvan and shimon, reuvan grew up being taught that its forbidden to look at women etc...shimon  on the other hand grew up among goyim and had the mindset of a  goy, nothings wrong ,nothings asur etc,one day shimon sees something in the street and looks, yanky approaches shimon and says ,why did you look at that lady,doesnt reuvan know that its forbidden?shimon will look at yanky and ask what does reuvans  knowledge have to do with me?

The same exact thing is with us , we have a seichel, brain(reuvan) ,it knows,it has the knowledge that looking is forbidden,the heart(shimon) which controls our actions[in chazals lashon,the melech of all the ayvarim is the heart] has the desire to look and DOES NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS FORBIDDEN! and the fact that reuvan (the brain) knows ,it does not affect the ignorant heart(shimon)

Whats OUR job, to take that knowledge in the brain and to send it to the heart until not only the brain knows it but also the heart knows it , and when the heart knows that its wrong to look, youll see a MAJOR difference in what you do in the street.
VIYADATA HAYOM, VIHASHAYVOSA EL LIVVECHA-YOU SHOULD know ths idea, and send  it to the heart, dont let it just remain  in the brain,and THATS  what learning musar accomplishes.

reuvan(the brain) KNOWS that znus is feces, reuvan (the heart)however thinks its beutiful and therefore chases after it,meaning the person does(action controlled by the heart)something that  the brain knows  is wrong ,disgusting.and this is the answer to the question in the spoiler Warning: Spoiler!

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 17:30 #330445

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 15:57:
is that another way of saying that you claim temporary insanity?

I just want to clarify that I do not mean to claim insanity as lawyers try to do for their clients. I take full responsibility of my actions even when I am insane. I will be held responsible for allowing myself to reach the level of ruach shtus.
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2018 19:16 by lionking. Reason: Clarification

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 18:06 #330446

• ieeyc
  • Banned
lifebound wrote on 29 Apr 2018 16:49:
In other words, it's a lot easier for me to live with disobeying God than it is to live with my life and emotions.

Call it ruach shtus, call it insanity... whatever you want. For me I don't think it's a lack of knowledge in my heart.

PLEASE  DONT TAKE MY WORDS AS AN ATTACK,lifebound whatever works for you ,no problem! for you as you say it may not be  lack of clarity in knowledge,but can have my opinion that it is ,correct?i dont look down on anybody!im just trying to explain something that has helped me , and im trying to reinforce it  by me since ive been having a rifiyon  in it. hatzlacha,gotta go ,i have something to add that will add clarity to what im saying ,be`ezras Hashem.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 18:09 #330447

• ieeyc
  • Banned
i have to apologize to the one whose sending me a pm, i feel a little intimidated so i choose not to open it. my apologies again.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 18:13 #330449

• cordnoy
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 18:09:
i have to apologize to the one whose sending me a pm, i feel a little intimidated so i choose not to open it. my apologies again.

It was a request to meet. I live hundreds of miles away from you but I'm in your vicinity for a few hours. You will never see me again.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 18:31 #330450

• ieeyc
  • Banned
oh was that all,im honored, i thought you were upset at something i wrote and i  didnt want to foolishly lose my temper and say things that ill regret  again,ill try to get back to you by pm. 

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 18:47 #330451

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 18:06:

lifebound wrote on 29 Apr 2018 16:49:

PLEASE  DONT TAKE MY WORDS AS AN ATTACK,lifebound whatever works for you ,no problem! for you as you say it may not be  lack of clarity in knowledge,but can have my opinion that it is ,correct?i dont look down on anybody!im just trying to explain something that has helped me , and im trying to reinforce it  by me since ive been having a rifiyon  in it. hatzlacha,gotta go ,i have something to add that will add clarity to what im saying ,be`ezras Hashem.

I'm sorry ieeyc, I know I pointed this out myself at the beginning of your thread but I keep forgetting this is the T&C board. And even if it wasn't, you're more than welcome, even encouraged, to explain what has helped you. I just saw your question of why we do what is forbidden and wrote my answer. Then remembered this is probably the wrong board for that sort of discussion.
Apologies again, by all means keep posting, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2018 21:06 by lifebound. Reason: or -> of

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 20:32 #330459

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
lifebound wrote on 29 Apr 2018 18:47:
I'm sorry ieeyc, I know I pointed this out myself at the beginning or your thread but I keep forgetting this is the T&C board. And even if it wasn't, you're more than welcome, even encouraged, to explain what has helped you. I just saw your question of why we do what is forbidden and wrote my answer. Then remembered this is probably the wrong board for that sort of discussion.
Apologies again, by all means keep posting, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting too.
Sorry iyeec, I will try to keep my comments to myself.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 22:02 #330467

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually find that this feces method keeps me out of my wife's bed, and that's a good thing (especially when she's in the forbidden state, but even when not)! So, keep on chiziking please.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com
Time to create page: 0.95 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes