Welcome, Guest

Ezras Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Ezras Nashim 29386 Views

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Nov 2009 09:58 #28146

• TrYiNg
Wow. Profound
Thanks bards ;D ;D
G'shabbos!!!
Last Edit: by Indicaflower.

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Nov 2009 14:48 #28179

• Avreich
  • Gold Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 04 Aug 2009 15:13:

So what can we take out of this beautiful upper-case lettered piece by Bardichever? That Yiddishkeit doesn't want Jewish daughters to be ugly! Actually, every Jewish Tuchter is beautiful! And she should be proud of it. BUT BUT BUT BUT... it is the Yiras Hashem that makes them beautiful. And once they have that, they can - and SHOULD - add some make-up too!  ;D (for their husbands, of-course!)

Just to add a little amusement i guess:
I love your picture. I was trying to find something like that for you, but could not, in more than an hour. So you seem to have the siyatoh diShmayoh.

Anyway, to create an icon, install GIMP, capture the pic and save it as an icon file.
Last Edit: by BadadYid.

Re: Ezras Nashim 13 Nov 2009 16:30 #28189

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
Chava, Sarah, Rochel, Avigail!
yeah?
1000 point for me!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by omekhadavar.

Re: Ezras Nashim 14 Nov 2009 21:14 #28286

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Rebbe,

That one was so on the mark

As you know

and as usual.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by Eizeh Hu Gibor.

Re: Ezras Nashim 17 Nov 2009 13:00 #29033

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
A small addition I heard, just like a 7 year old girl doesn't polish her appearance so didn't Sarah by the 20. Whatever she looked was genuine, no make up!
Last Edit: by Oslarah.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 07:03 #29235

• TrYiNg
point being that she was pretty? or that women shouldn't wear makeup? and what kind of makeup did they have anyway?
Last Edit: by Frieda G.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 10:33 #29247

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
G38 wrote on 17 Nov 2009 13:00:

A small addition I heard, just like a 7 year old girl doesn't polish her appearance so didn't Sarah by the 20. Whatever she looked was genuine, no make up!

TrYiNg wrote on 18 Nov 2009 07:03:

point being that she was pretty? or that women shouldn't wear makeup? and what kind of makeup did they have anyway?

Point being that
Yes; she was pretty - the kind of real beauty you see on someone who is beautiful but seemingly not aware of it at all.
Who doesnt know why it's important and why people bother commenting on something so unimportant.
Who's pnimius shines through her eyes and her smile, causing her to radiate warmth.
Who's wrinkles add to her beauty because they are laughter lines around the eyes, and smiles etched onto her cheeks. 

My guess is that Sara did not wear makeup, probably not even in private with Avraham - even though that would have been 100% mutar.
But most wives Do wear; some only in private once their husbands come home. Some wear a little when they go out in order to  look and feel 'menchdik' and make a Kiddish Hashem.
Ezra Hanavi ordered the Jewish peddlars who would travel the country selling their wares, to carry makeup and perfumes to sell to the women before Shabbos.
Makeup came down with the Maan - kashrus haskama directly from the Mashgiach Himself!

To quote an Efshar:
Balance
Balance
Balance!
Last Edit: by chacham.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 10:45 #29248

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I have a very dear friend whom I love as a sister who is my role model in life, even though she is much younger in age.

We were neighbors, and every evening, about 15 minutes before her husband would arrive home from Kollel, she would either change to clean clothes, or tidy what she was wearing. She would put on makeup, and perfume. And when he opened the door, her radiant smile was always the first thing to greet him, regardless of whether there was a teething baby in her arms, or how her day had been. There was always time to vent later.
They were married 7 years, years which were a combination of 1 year "honeymoon bliss", and 60 year companionship and understanding of each other and each others needs.
When her husband didnt wake up one morning and she was left an almana at 25, the hardest part of continuing was her loneliness. "I know that marriage is all giving, and the hardest part now, is having no one to give to". Taking was never her cheshbon. Or his. A couple truly blessed with the best of both!

Thats  real beauty
Last Edit: by Electron.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 10:47 #29249

• TrYiNg
7up

Point being that
Yes; she was pretty ...
...Who's wrinkles add to her beauty because they are laughter lines around the eyes, and smiles etched onto her cheeks.

Doesn't pshat also mean regular prettiness? Why is it so hard to say? And if she was pretty, DUH, obviously, she didn't NEED makeup. Not in private with Avraham either.

G38,
Sorry for being a bit rude. I get like that sometimes.. :-[
Last Edit: by heatler.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 12:40 #29265

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
We tend to think that the more fortunate a person is the harder it is for them to gain heights in avodas Hashem.

The Gemoro tells us that the daughter of a roman nobleman asked an amoire “the beautiful Torah in an ugly vessel?” So he replied “where does your father keep his wine, in vessels of earth or in golden ones?” “In clay ones” she answered, then she went home and ordered all wines to be transferred to gold and silver barrels. After a short time all the wines became vinegar. The girl returned to the amoire ashamed and asked “how come there are some pretty talmidei chachomim?” “If they wouldn’t be pretty they would have been even bigger in Torah” he replied.

Anyone gifted with a striking appearance could think that they have no chance to greatness so the Torah tells us that our Imahos were stunning and still soooo great.

Utilise your gifts to grow and they will be stepping stones, but beware, they may be slippery.
Last Edit: by Strength123.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 13:05 #29274

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
TrYiNg wrote on 18 Nov 2009 10:47:

7up

Point being that
Yes; she was pretty ...
...Who's wrinkles add to her beauty because they are laughter lines around the eyes, and smiles etched onto her cheeks.

Doesn't pshat also mean regular prettiness? Why is it so hard to say? And if she was pretty, DUH, obviously, she didn't NEED makeup. Not in private with Avraham either.

G38,
Sorry for being a bit rude. I get like that sometimes.. :-[

Yes; she was pretty - the kind of real beauty you see on someone who is beautiful but seemingly not aware of it at all.

Not fair to quote just the parts you want to  argue over

As for makeup; youve never seen beautiful women wear makeup? Nonsense! Often they wear more than anyone else because they want to emphasize their best features and want  the world to notice!
Btw, this friend I wrote about is honestly one of the most beautiful women I have ever met.
Last Edit: by flippy.

Re: Ezras Nashim 18 Nov 2009 16:18 #29300

• bardichev
G38 wrote on 18 Nov 2009 12:40:

We tend to think that the more fortunate a person is the harder it is for them to gain heights in avodas Hashem.

The Gemoro tells us that the daughter of a roman nobleman asked an amoire “the beautiful Torah in an ugly vessel?” So he replied “where does your father keep his wine, in vessels of earth or in golden ones?” “In clay ones” she answered, then she went home and ordered all wines to be transferred to gold and silver barrels. After a short time all the wines became vinegar. The girl returned to the amoire ashamed and asked “how come there are some pretty talmidei chachomim?” “If they wouldn’t be pretty they would have been even bigger in Torah” he replied.

Anyone gifted with a striking appearance could think that they have no chance to greatness so the Torah tells us that our Imahos were stunning and still soooo great.

Utilise your gifts to grow and they will be stepping stones, but beware, they may be slippery.

WERE YOU LISTENING TO RABBI AKIVA TATZ LAST NIGHT?? HE EXPLAINED THIS GEMORH TO A "T"!!!
Last Edit: by Mojo.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Nov 2009 12:14 #29468

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
HEY REBBE, CHEATING?

WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO OTHERS TOIRES???

ANYWAY DON'T FORGET TO SAY IT IN THEIR NAME :D

Where do I find a link to this shier?
Last Edit: by yosefhatzadik.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Nov 2009 12:42 #29471

• bardichev
Simpletoremember.com
i don't. Cheat I am yoinik from many sources

I think the shiur is on channuka I don't know the title
B
Last Edit: by simchi310.

Re: Ezras Nashim 19 Nov 2009 12:56 #29474

• G38
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks.

Being a rebbe you know that no rebbe quotes a living source, so you should be careful otherwise your chasidim may go over to him. :D

Just joking, of course.
Last Edit: by whoamidoiknowmyself.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes