Welcome, Guest

Ezras Nashim
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Ezras Nashim 29625 Views

Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 16:22 #6852

• bardichev
                            Welcome to the Ezras Nashim

Welcome to the Ezras Nashim .If we are going to have a complete Bais Medrash we NEED an Ezras Nashim

The point of this thread will BE"H be threefold

A. To present Divrei Torah which will be relevant to women
B. A place where the women can present their Torah Thoughts
C. To encourage women both who are struggling or who are trying to help their spouses in their own struggles

It is my fervent hope that a Kiddush Shem Shamayim will come from this thread.

I will dedicate the first Dvar Torah on this thread to a real Tzaddekes on the forum 7yipol-tzadek(es) Vkom!! (7-UP!)
and to the women who stuck it out here as miribin TrYiNg habib 613 and to the many tzadkonios who are guests

One more introduction this BaIs Medrash is set up to be a lively give and take in the true Bais Medrash format.I kindlt request that debating and personal stories should be kept in the Women’s Forum (This applies to the men too.)

bhatzlacha

humble and HAPPY
bardichev
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2009 17:32 by מאמין.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 16:59 #6856

• bardichev
                                          Welcome to the Ezras Nashim
In this weeks parsha Korach(in E.Yisroel last weeks)

We find the medrash quotes a possuk in Mishlei

Chacmas  nashim bansa beisa =The wisdom of a woman built her house
V'ivels byideha ti-hersena=    The wicked woman destroyed her OWN house with her OWN two hands

Continues the medrash who is this wise woman she is the wife of On Ben Peles ) a man of the tribe of Reuven who rallied against the leadership of Moshe Rabbeinu

Who is the wicked woman that the possuk is referring to? The wife of Korach

In another post I will bli neder focus on the wife of Korach but today I would like to discuss the WISDOM of Mrs. On
The medrash teaches us that during the revolt of Korach Moshe Rabbeinu bought time of one night he felt that if these men ate and slept he would be able to appease the to repent but not during the heat of the moment.

Mrs. On in her WISDOM cooked her husband a Grand meal gave him some wine and put him to sleep the next morning when the GANG came to pick up On to join his comrades She in her WISDOM left her tent with her hair un-covered
Since the revolutionaries were very FRUM they ran away leaving On in his tent .You know the rest of the story she saved his life.

The question is where do we see such WISDOM in her action that KING SHLOMO thw wisest of all men call her Chacmas  nashim bansa beisa?

The simple answer is WISDOM is the ability to use ones SECHEL  intellect .She had the ability to “see through” the entire argument .That is WISDOM!

Enjoy
bardichev
Last Edit: by Dovid.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 17:30 #6862

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
I think Mrs.On's first name was "right".
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by מאמין.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 18:31 #6871

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
That was beautiful Berdichev. Thanks. Im going to have to think of something too, otherwise Guard will be dissapointed.
Guard, I loved your joke - for all it's corniness :
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by Anoni.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 19:22 #6874

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
OKay, this is one I heard from my husband on Shabbos- with the tie in from me. Anything which sounds 'off', is due to me not understanding, not my husband's fault;-) And yes; I'd love to hear feedback:

The question is asked how Dasan and 'Aviram were zoche to leave Mitzrayim. Four fifths of Am Yisrael died during the plague of darkness as  they didnt merit leaving. How could it be that these 2 tremendous reshayim were allowed to live and leave with the rest of the nation?

Dasan v'Aviram had one zchus which separated them from all those who died: They believed in the geulah. True; they were totally evil, nonetheless, they never stopped believing that eventually, Hashem would take the Am out of Mitzrayim to freedom. In this zchus alone they merited to be saved, despite their past and future sins.

Perhaps we on GUE can find chizuk here for our personal 'Mitzrayim"; source of all tumah and pritzus. No matter how low we have fallen, as long as we never give up hope that Hashem can, and will redeem us, we will merit to be saved. BH  NONE of us are anywhere near the level of Dasan v'Aviram. Hashem gave us this nisayon in order to grow closer to him. By never forgetting that "if He brought us to it; He'll see us through it", we too will merit the geulah.
Last Edit: by elel.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 19:25 #6875

• battleworn
Your saying so good, you can't imagine how good. Emunah is THE key.
Last Edit: by mozes.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 19:30 #6877

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Last Edit: by Want help.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 19:50 #6881

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
A truly beautiful and profound vort!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by בפני הרצון.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 20:22 #6893

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for sharing
Last Edit: by elador28.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 20:53 #6897

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Guard & 7Up,

"Right" was her second name. her first name was "Allways"

E.L.
Last Edit: by mte.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 22:06 #6905

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
E.L.

Oooooooh. : Comments like that belong on the mens side. Go learn!
Last Edit: by Winner.

Re: Ezras Nashim 21 Jun 2009 22:17 #6907

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah! I was thinking it belongs in the Milsa Bedichasa section.

E.L.
Last Edit: by Omer123.

Re: Ezras Nashim 22 Jun 2009 04:55 #6918

• TrYiNg
THank you barditchev. 7up, that was so nice, it didn't sound off at all.

(of course, I'm not a maiven. You need to refer to the madgei shiur for that.)
Last Edit: by .מ..

Re: Ezras Nashim 22 Jun 2009 21:34 #7007

• Pintele Yid
barditchev,

I was impressed that you thought of the Aishes Chayil's in the forum. You are a true Ohaiv Yisroel.

Pintele Yid
Last Edit: by 1fighter.

Re: Ezras Nashim 24 Jun 2009 09:35 #7175

• TrYiNg
barditchev , you're reminding me of a story I heard on the heilige barditchever.

Reb L Y M'barditchev was walking down the street when he saw a yid blatantly disregarding the laws of shabbos, by smoking. He asked him ,
" Teira Yid, have you forgotton it's the holy day of shabbos today? "  
"No, I know it's shabbos today."
"Have you perhaps no idea that smoking is prohibited on shabbos?", tryed the bartichever again.
" I know it is prohibited and I do it nonetheless ", answered the yid .

To this , the heilige barditchever responded with his classic and timeless love for his fellow yiden and said to the ribono shel oilam.
" Hashem look down at your children.
Even if they're sinning bmeisid they still only say the emes & on't try to whitewash their bad deeds!"

Isn't that gevaldig?
No matter how bad I am , and how much I sin...
At least I'm admitting it  and know I did something wrong.  
Last Edit: 24 Jun 2009 10:41 by shomer613.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes