Imagine: you had finally won the BIG PRIZE! Each morning, your bank will deposit $86,400 in your personal account for your use.
However, this prize has rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time, it can say,“Game Over!" It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What will you do?
You will buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You will try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you know it would be replenished in the morning, right?
ACTUALLY, this GAME is REAL...
Each of us is already a winner of this "prize." We just can't seem to see it.
The PRIZE is TIME.
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
3. Yesterday is forever gone.
4. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
These seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to make the most of every second of your life, because time races by much quicker than you think.
So take care of yourself, do Mizvot, be happy, love deeply, and enjoy life!
Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending”!
DON’T COMPLAIN ABOUT GROWING OLD!
SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THAT PRIVILEGE.