(0 viewing) 
  • Page:

TOPIC: Values 1753 Views

Re: Values 21 Dec 2021 16:20 #375122

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Twitter wrote on 20 Dec 2021 19:47:
@TROUBLE
Need some time to think about this. If the act of P&M is relatively ok, or at least the same as missing minyan or zman krias shma, and the amount of days in between falls doesn't matter, am I so bad? Is it even a fall?
Like I should probably work on it just like I should work on Lashon Horah but if it's too hard, nu nu.

thank you; the above came out in the conversation we had. the program was written for myself; masturbation being "ok," was a result of our conversation, and the one phrase i inserted into the program. it is not ok, but each person needs to decide where it stands in his value system, and "why" it's not ok; that will drive the goals. this program is meant to curb and perhaps eventually stop the masturbation or extracurricular sexcapades that one might be accustomed to, but for me, it's more about my daily behavior and mindset. you should tailor your program according to your standards.

one more point: i forgot to include in the initial program is that i currently have a goal that once a day, i should pause during one of the shemoneh esrei's (out of 3, hopefully) and pray to god that i should be relieved of these desires - either in thought, but preferably verbally - the prayer should last more than 30 seconds.

heading into jules on deck - nauru's top-rated bar and club
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: Values 23 Dec 2021 09:19 #375192

@a.green
There we go! That list of values looks amazing!

@smartlakewood, on F2F we also have a similar worksheet, it's called Values, Vision, and Goals. Here's a link: guardyoureyes.com/f2f/w/9.3.pdf. But for some people, it makes sense to first focus on recovery from P&M, and focus on setting goals once they reach some stability. 
There's Life Beyond Addiction

Re: Values 24 Dec 2021 12:26 #375238

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Powerful stuff here...
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Values 28 Dec 2021 20:23 #375338

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 20 Dec 2021 16:32:
i do apologize for barging in on the party, but perhaps a compare and contrast program/details may help the conversation. the program depicted below has not been researched by the atlantic monthly medical journal; it has not been authorized by the counselling and mental health services at harvard, nor has it been reviewed by its periodical on medicine and therapy; it has, however, been prepared for ms. virginia, mental health nurse and pimhnet focal point, republic of nauru hospital. ok, enough with the introduction:

f2fL©

my program, which may be a big fat lie, is built to help myself strive, thrive and survive; it is called: “forever is 2 efing Long.” who can do something forever? not i. i need to be able to live life; hence my program.

values
1. live life productively
2. manage time effectively
3. maintain a positive feeling regarding sex

goals
1. a. i’d like to make a difference in this world
b. i’d like relationships to grow and flourish

2. a. i’d like to be working during working hours
b. i’d like to concentrate on my family during family time
c. i’d like to make more family time
d. i’d like to accomplish all tasks
e. i’d like to keep all chavrusos

3. a. i’d like to be there for my wife intimately as her needs/wants arise
b. i’d like all the focus to be on her
c. i’d like all my extracurricular sexual sexcapades to be a positive experience, not negative
d. i’d like that feeling to be there prior, during and after

implementation
1. when an urge arises (point x), document its intensity (1-10; 1 being lowest)
2. decide to hold off acting upon it
3. when you do give in (point y), which is completely fine, document your level of productivity between x and y
4. document your feeling of guilt (wife, god, yourself)
5. document your level of productivity between y and the next x
6. repeat

points to keep in mind
1. amount of days in between x and y is meaningless
2. amount of days between y and the next x is meaningless
3. goals will be rated and documented on a monthly basis
4. so sharks, who wants to swim with me?

implementation
1. when an urge arises (point x), document its intensity (1-10; 1 being lowest) - 5/7
2. decide to hold off acting upon it - done
3. when you do give in (point y), which is completely fine, document your level of productivity between x and y - when it was a 5, productivity was a 7; when it was a 7, productivity was a 5.
4. document your feeling of guilt (wife, god, yourself) - 2

Re: Values 17 Jan 2022 19:33 #376043

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 28 Dec 2021 20:23:

Trouble wrote on 20 Dec 2021 16:32:
i do apologize for barging in on the party, but perhaps a compare and contrast program/details may help the conversation. the program depicted below has not been researched by the atlantic monthly medical journal; it has not been authorized by the counselling and mental health services at harvard, nor has it been reviewed by its periodical on medicine and therapy; it has, however, been prepared for ms. virginia, mental health nurse and pimhnet focal point, republic of nauru hospital. ok, enough with the introduction:

f2fL©

my program, which may be a big fat lie, is built to help myself strive, thrive and survive; it is called: “forever is 2 efing Long.” who can do something forever? not i. i need to be able to live life; hence my program.

values
1. live life productively
2. manage time effectively
3. maintain a positive feeling regarding sex

goals
1. a. i’d like to make a difference in this world
b. i’d like relationships to grow and flourish

2. a. i’d like to be working during working hours
b. i’d like to concentrate on my family during family time
c. i’d like to make more family time
d. i’d like to accomplish all tasks
e. i’d like to keep all chavrusos

3. a. i’d like to be there for my wife intimately as her needs/wants arise
b. i’d like all the focus to be on her
c. i’d like all my extracurricular sexual sexcapades to be a positive experience, not negative
d. i’d like that feeling to be there prior, during and after

implementation
1. when an urge arises (point x), document its intensity (1-10; 1 being lowest)
2. decide to hold off acting upon it
3. when you do give in (point y), which is completely fine, document your level of productivity between x and y
4. document your feeling of guilt (wife, god, yourself)
6. repeat

points to keep in mind
1. amount of days in between x and y is meaningless
2. amount of days between y and the next x is meaningless
3. goals will be rated and documented on a monthly basis
4. so sharks, who wants to swim with me?

implementation
1. when an urge arises (point x), document its intensity (1-10; 1 being lowest) - 5/7
2. decide to hold off acting upon it - done
3. when you do give in (point y), which is completely fine, document your level of productivity between x and y - when it was a 5, productivity was a 7; when it was a 7, productivity was a 5.
4. document your feeling of guilt (wife, god, yourself) - 2

productivity still on the higher end.

i am pleased that i have not "booked" yet.also pleased that i have not engaged any woman on webcam.although there are some practical reasons for both of the above that has nothing to do with being "koveish," it still does demonstrate some type of self control - not enough to stop this alltogether, but something.

outside the moqua well in yaren, nauru; temperature today 86f

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes