Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous's thread
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous's thread 244 Views

Eye.nonymous's thread 30 Dec 2010 06:38 #91295

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello, this is Eye.nonymous.  My real name is Elyah.

I"m new to Dov's group.  I haven't made the calls yet, but Dov has caught me up through E-mail.  I sent him a message about this writing assignment, and he suggested I post it here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dov,

Before I went to bed I stopped to read through your message.  I appreciate your summary.  I thought I’d follow your instructions and write out a little of my list history before going to bed.  I just kept on writing and kept on writing.  I kept at it for a couple of hours and wrote about 11 or 12 pages.  If some form of acting out was ongoing, I figured it was sufficient to write, “about once a week” instead of writing down “probably Jul 12 ’89, Jul 19 ’89, Jul 15 ’89, etc, etc, etc.”  I wrote down incidents as I remembered them, and often out of order.  It’s definitely coherent, but not exactly an organized autobiography, and I was wondering if this was necessary.  I hand-wrote it, and I see what you mean; feels like I’m tapping into something more personal, less technical, than when I’m punching away at the keyboard.  I was wondering what I should do with it now.

--Elyah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afterwards, I decided it was worth it to type this thing up and get it more-or-less organized.  I sent it to Dov for review to see if he thinks it is appropriate for the forum.

--Elyah

Last Edit: 07 Jan 2011 13:08 by .

Re: Eye.nonymous's thread 07 Jan 2011 13:11 #92359

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I've had some ups and downs lately.  I just recently had a talk with my wife in which, it seems, I don't seem to be doing anything right for her.  This talk happened last night, and I felt I took it pretty well.  But now, it's seeping in along with feelings of hopelessness and desparation and resentment.  I get the feeling my wife would rather be married to a housecleaner than to a husband.  I've been slipping throughout today, trying to surrender.  I know s*x is supposed to be optional, but for us, it almost feels like it's almost not on the agenda.  For some reason, that doesn't seem right.  I'm very confused.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

--Elyah

Last Edit: by .

Re: Eye.nonymous's thread 07 Jan 2011 13:53 #92363

• Gaveup
  • Expert Boarder
Hello elya
You have been an inspiration for me since i found this  forum eight months ago. I know you have ups and downs. So i know you have been through worse than this.
Just keep on trucking its all part of the script.

Re: Eye.nonymous's thread 10 Jan 2011 08:21 #92646

• Tuvia
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Elyah,

Unfortunately I missed you sharing your story today, but I did hear Avrami's since it was first... my wife was telling me she was leaving me so I couldn't stay to listen to your story.  I hope to hear it sometime.

I think I feel the feelings of hopelessness you were ^talking about^.  I can only say that I pray that it will get better for you.  May you have success soon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes