Welcome, Guest

New Phone Group - November 2011
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Phone Group - November 2011 413 Views

New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 17:35 #125659

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
This thread for the group didn't take off like I thought it would.  Now that a new group has started, I didn't want to leave my posts up.

Sorry to anyone that still wanted to read them.
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2012 17:37 by .

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 17:55 #125669

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Thanks Yitzi for leading us in here!!!!

WHEREAS, I was gonna post my phone number here, but then I realized that after I move on from this stage in life & leave GYE... (Is that possible?!?! :o ) I will want to go back & edit/remove my posts.

HOWEVER, if another user QUOTES my posts into his post, I have no way of removing my info from there.

THEREFORE, it has been decided that anyone who has a preference, desire, or wish to acquire, obtain, or otherwise know my phone number shall send me a PM or an email.

Personally, I would like to develop a personal telephone relationship with others from the group too!
Last Edit: by .

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 17:57 #125671

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi!

What do y'all think about starting a separate thread for each step and keeping things (a bit) organized that way?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 18:58 #125693

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
gibbor120 wrote on 16 Nov 2011 18:16:

A thought just occured to me today.  Can we use the phone line at other times to just get together?  Maybe a few of us could conference at some other times.

How about a nightly time when whomever wants gets on the Call & we can share our daily struggles with Lust.

This can be a place where we can, at least for a short while, remove the mask behind which we are hiding ourselves from the outside 'normal' world and be Open & Honest about our Lust etc.?

Whomever is available calls in; nothing is missed if someone is busy then.

If the chevra don't like this idea of sharing in the SA style, even just general shmoozing can have GREAT benefits!

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 19:05 #125696

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Dov, please chime in.

As I understand, it is always available (unless another GYE group uses the same number...)

Anyone care to suggest a convenient time?

How does 10:15 PM sound?

If we can't agree on ONE time slot, we can have TWO time slots too!!  ;D
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2011 19:08 by .

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 16 Nov 2011 19:09 #125699

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
gibbor120 wrote on 16 Nov 2011 19:06:

I usually daven maariv at 10:00, so I could probably join for 10 to 30 minutes sometimes, starting at about 10:15.

No problem!

My post has been modified to ask about 10:15.

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 00:07 #125782

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
  • men darf alla mohl mechazek zein
Hi guys just checking in yosef can other people see this thread?what is your name on the line yosef?

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 05:31 #125799

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
dov that is a good idea.

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 16:18 #125844

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
dov wrote on 16 Nov 2011 17:57:

What do y'all think about starting a separate thread for each step and keeping things (a bit) organized that way?

mechazek wrote on 17 Nov 2011 05:31:

dov that is a good idea.

mechazek wrote on 17 Nov 2011 00:07:

Hi guys just checking in yosef can other people see this thread?what is your name on the line yosef?

Only Members of Dov's Desparados can see this thread. (Including past & future members.)

As such, I don't want to post here my name or Number. Ask via PM or on the Calls. I don't mind saying it on the Call for all CURRENT members to know...  ;D

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 16:22 #125846

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
mechazek wrote on 17 Nov 2011 00:07:

what is your name on the line yosef?

Mechazek, what is your name on the line?  :-X

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 17:35 #125868

• Dov
  • Administrator
What we need is some Woodford!

OK, so I am leery of the idea of people doing 'writing' for assignments, here on the forum. I gained (and gain) tremendously by physically writing stuff on paper with my own chicken scratch. There is something about the writing that awakens mental thingies or neurological doodads, or something...in my own experience.

But hey, this is the computer generation, so maybe you younger folks don't even have and mental or neurological thingies left anyhow. (That was a joke.) But look: maybe the fact that a sefer Torah is completely posul if is is printed with linotype or a laserjet may mean that there is something more real about writing....OK, so maybe that's a stretch.

Whatever. I suggest that people write their main stuff on a secret little paper first, then post what they came up with. Just a suggestion. Hey, if you try it and it seems dumb and useless, then just go to the keyboard first, obviously. But I hope people try the writing thing at some point in their lives.

OK, so a phone group on our regular number is a great idea. Really fantastic. Whatever time u pick, there should be nobody at all on our line.

Bye!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 17 Nov 2011 17:44 #125874

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
I learned what a blotter is during my teenage years looking over the book Curious George & the Firemen

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 21 Nov 2011 21:56 #126287

• Holy Energy
Hi guys Yitz here from the call. Just making a trial post to see if others see it...

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 21 Nov 2011 22:23 #126291

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
hi guys need how are you?

Re: New Phone Group - November 2011 23 Nov 2011 18:21 #126496

• Dov
  • Administrator
A lot of this is 4th step stuff. No harm done, though, just save it for a month from now! 

OK, so in the relationships you wrote about that affect you and motivate you to feel/react a certain way, the thing we are focusing on in this step is purely this:

In your heart, do you look to any of these powerful folks/things for the salvation of your own adequacy, self-esteem, or comfort? In what ways do you truly put them on a pedestal of power over you? Specifically, how do you see yourself as needy when they are around?

Here is a peek at where this is going:

The goal of this  stuff is to write up a list of qualities that you naturally seek in your dependence. It will show you what things you really need in your relationship with G-d.

That is huge.

Just write, think, and write.

We end up seeing what we have been dependent on in a Higher Power, and often exactly why our twisted concept of Hashem has not been working for us. We have all been desperate for acting out - even though it was much trouble and cost. We were working so hard for something all those years. Once we admit exactly what we were/are looking for in the desperate searches for more sex, lust, fantasy, and our other dependencies - how we hoped beyond hope that they would save us - we can now look to Hashem for what we obviously really need.

Make any sense?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes