Welcome, Guest

Apology - and Request Please
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Apology - and Request Please 7840 Views

Re: Apology - and Request Please 04 Feb 2010 19:32 #51230

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
me wrote on 04 Feb 2010 18:48:

I do agree that the Haskama such a R. Twerski being an expert with addictions is the most important concerning this aspect, i.e. that the direction of GYE is fit for this type of addiction.

For Rabbi Twerski to consider this an addiction (as opposed to a Chisaron in Frumkeit) is not such a Chiddush, because he is an expert in the field of addictions.  For a Gadol b'Yisrael (who has no such training) to view it that way is a major breakthrough.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 05 Feb 2010 08:08 #51346

• me
R. Kedusha,

I already said above that I agree with everything. And, that the Hamlatza from R. Feldman is great.

But, for R. Twerski to come, out and say "This is an addiction, and one of the harshest blows to Klal yisroel", and thereby warning us that we should, and cannot look at this as a mere battle of the yetzer. This is important because viewing it as just a battle of the Yetzer is the big mistake, that Dov, DV, Elya, and all of us are now seeing. Most of the frum Yidden who are still glued behind the computer screens, are probably still thinking that they just have a slightly higher libido than others. They may think that this is just the over stimulation of a "natural" drive. BUT, when they hear how R. Twerski makes the "wake up" call that this is all wrong, "and if you think that you are NOT addicted, then......go ahead, try to stop yourself." Hopefully this revelation from R. Twerski wll bring alot a precious yidden to us, ....and before they really really fall, and fall hard.

Last Edit: 05 Feb 2010 11:49 by .
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes