Welcome, Guest

Apology - and Request Please
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Apology - and Request Please 7841 Views

Apology - and Request Please 15 Jan 2010 13:26 #45980

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I want to apologize to everyone for my lack of posting on the forum recently. As GYE grows, so do my responsibilites. I am busier than ever and rarely get to read personal threads on the forum any more. Please send me "HU" ("Heads Up") alerts, together with a link, whenever you feel there is something I should respond to - or deal with - on the forum. Also, please send me by e-mail any ACE's (Another Chizuk E-mail), which are inspiring pieces that people write on the forum that you feel might be worthy of being in a Chizuk e-mail.

The 5 announcements in Chizuk e-mail #683 are just an example of the many things I am busy with currently. And there are many more, such as speaking to important people about our work, advertising, web-development, etc... and of course the two daily chizuk e-mails, rain or shine. I am also trying so hard to update the handbook and release a newer version, but I can't even find a half-hour to work on it... (Hashem, please help me keep this all up and prioritize my time correctly!)

I have tens of e-mails and PMs that I haven't even gotten a chance to respond to recently. It hurts me, but one day when we have more funding we will hire others to work with us and I won't be so overwhelmed. Again, I sincerely apologize for my recent lack of participation on the forum.

If anyone knows of any contacts that you might be able to make for us with wealthy philanthropists who would understand the vital importance of what we're doing - to help us grow and expand our work for the almost "insatiable" demand that is coming in, your zechus would be immeasurable. I can't do this all alone. There's nothing like GYE in Klal Yisrael today, and the need is unfortunately HUGE. I dream of opening a center and hiring many people to work along with me in web-development, PR, Advertising, Publishing handbooks, books and pamphlets, hot-line networks 24 hours a day, more phone conferences, etc. etc. and etc.

G-d willing.

But we need your help. PLEASE. If any relatives of yours, or friends, are well-off and understand the value of this work, we can send you by e-mail a presentation to print out and show them, and we'd also be happy to talk to them in person on the phone. Help us make contacts. We need to raise at least 2 million dollars for the dreams that I have.

Thank you, precious Yidden, and Good Shabbos.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2010 13:38 by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 15 Jan 2010 20:49 #46061

It's times like these I wish I was wealthy.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 16 Jan 2010 17:39 #46067

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If I ever make a lot of money, you won't have to put up this post again.

We need to raise at least 2 million dollars for the dreams that I have.
Is this the real number?

Re: Apology - and Request Please 16 Jan 2010 17:58 #46074

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
BruceWayne wrote on 15 Jan 2010 20:49:

It's times like these I wish I was wealthy.

Me  too
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Apology - and Request Please 16 Jan 2010 18:28 #46080

• the.guard

Is this the real number?

Well, 2 million is just a rough estimate  

Let's see....

There's me...
3 guys in the web-development department
3 guys in the publishing department
3 guys in the PR / advertising / networking department
3 professionals on the hot-lines
full time secretary
full time project manager
full time designer (for web site, pamphlets, books, ads)
full time technical guy for all computer issues

17 guys X $30k a year (min) = over half a million dollars / year
Rent for a building with 10 offices / year = $50,000
17 computers + printers and a printing press = $70,000
Coffee & Milk = $1000 / year  ;D
Misc costs (Hosting costs, networking costs / hotline system costs) = $15,000 / year
Serious Advertising for GYE = $100,000 / year
Publishing costs = $50,000 / year
Accounting, taxes, receipts, legal paper work = $20,000 / year

Are we at a million dollars yet?
And that's just for one year...
We need at least two years worth before we can hire all these guys and promise them "long term" jobs    ;D

Ah yes, it's fun to dream...  :

I know, I know, we need to start off slow and small...

Nu, $100,000 would also help, I guess. Anyone?

Just kidding.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted such extravagant numbers. Probably scared you guys all off.

Every dollar helps, guys! Every little bit!

Please help us get contacts with wealthy people / askanim so we can really start to grow!

We are already a legally recognized corp... (known as GYE.Corp)
It will take another few short months G-d willing, and we will be recognized as a legally tax exempt org as well.
(Anyone who donates now, will get a tax deduction retroactively, once that happens).

Thanks for sharing the dream with us!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2010 14:52 by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 07:57 #46180

• me

Does include masks for all of the workers sitting in these offices?

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 08:20 #46183

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it's up to the current GUE members, to help as many yidden in the best way now (besides for the real reasons of course) so that a few years down the road, when one of us has the bucks we'll know where to give it.
I think only someone who was pulled out of sheol tachtis himself, can really appreciate what this site does.
For that reason Guard, I think it would be a very good idea to write up a version of the handbooks geared towards the sponsors, on how to advise and direct other jews in the proper manner. (So that anyone interested in contributing, has a good way to do it even if he doesn't have the cash). Of course this will also require varying techniques depending on the background's of each individual. For instance, a 45 year old BT should not be getting the same advice as a 15 yr old in peekskil (nothing intended, just a random yeshivish place), and someone struggling with pn and mb should not be working with the same methods as someone struggling with real people.
I just thought I'd mention the idea being that Guard probably has so much extra time on his hands, and is looking for a good way to fill it. :D

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 14:57 #46246

• the.guard
me wrote on 17 Jan 2010 07:57:

Does include masks for all of the workers sitting in these offices?

No, I assume the workers would all have to know me, and each other as well, but we'd make them sign a paper that legally binds them to full confidentiality.... And on the outside of the building, it would say something boring like "Irgun Matan Baseser" - and no one would be allowed in... We would explain that it's a world-wide chesed org that gives tzedaka anonymously, and we don't let people in because we need to protect the anonymity of all of our recipients.

We'd also hire a few snipers to stalk out the nearby roof-tops and take-out any curious snoopers... (Add that to the expense list above  :D)

P.S. Kanesher, how much do you charge per year?
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2010 15:00 by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 15:02 #46247

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 16 Jan 2010 18:28:

Is this the real number?

Well, 2 million is just a rough estimate  

Let's see....

There's me...
3 guys in the web-development department
3 guys in the publishing department
3 guys in the PR / advertising / networking department
3 professionals on the hot-lines
full time secretary
full time project manager
full time designer (for web site, pamphlets, books, ads)
full time technical guy for all computer issues

17 guys X $30k a year (min) = over half a million dollars / year
17 computers + printers and a printing press = $70,000
Coffee & Milk = $1000 / year  ;D
Misc costs (Hosting costs, networking costs / hotline system costs) = $15,000 / year
Serious Advertising for GYE = $100,000 / year
Publishing costs = $50,000 / year
Accounting, taxes, receipts, legal paper work = $20,000 / year

Are we at a million dollars yet?
And that's just for one year...
We need at least two years worth before we can hire all these guys and promise them "long term" jobs    ;D

Ah yes, it's fun to dream...  :

I know, I know, we need to start off slow and small...

Nu, $100,000 would also help, I guess. Anyone?

Just kidding.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted such extravagant numbers. Probably scared you guys all off.

Every dollar helps, guys! Every little bit!

Please help us get contacts with wealthy people / askanim so we can really start to grow!

It will take another few short months G-d willing, and we will be recognized as a legally tax exempt org as well.
(Anyone who donates now, will get a tax deduction retroactively, once that happens).

Thanks for sharing the dream with us!

Man this is getting serious. Whats wrong with GYE the way it is with a few more things added to it? I love GYE the way it is....

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 16:28 #46275

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator

Guard,

Not to quibble over placement of a period, but I recall your telling me that it was "GYE Corp."

Kedusha
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2010 17:27 by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 17:06 #46280

• the.guard
Kedusha wrote on 17 Jan 2010 16:28:

Guard,

Not to quibble over placement of a period, but I recall you telling me that it was "GYE Corp."

Kedusha

Could be you're right.  :D
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2010 17:38 by .

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 17:24 #46283

• the.guard
Yiddle wrote:

Man this is getting serious. Whats wrong with GYE the way it is with a few more things added to it? I love GYE the way it is....

What do you have against another few thousand Yidden finding out about our work and being helped? 
Don't worry, we'll keep the same forum bl"n... Only it will be nicer and have more features, and hopefully chat-rooms too!

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 17:30 #46288

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 17 Jan 2010 17:24:

Yiddle wrote:

What do you have against another few thousand Yidden finding out about our work and being helped? 
Don't worry, we'll keep the same forum bl"n... Only it will be nicer and have more features, and hopefully chat-rooms too!

My concern is not the growth of the GYE population. My concern is that GYE is currently a great place for Jews to join and be part of a group of people in the same or similar situation. If we start expanding this then many people who are not even addicted, who may just feel like they want to work on their Shmiras Einayim will join. You be thinking that this is a good thing but I would respectfully disagree and reply that we need the GYE population to be strictly for, and ONLY for people who struggle with addiction.

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 17:32 #46290

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Yiddle2 wrote on 17 Jan 2010 17:30:

Yiddle wrote:

My concern is not the growth of the GYE population. My concern is that GYE is currently a great place for Jews to join and be part of a group of people in the same or similar situation. If we start expanding this then many people who are not even addicted, who may just feel like they want to work on their Shmiras Einayim will join. You be thinking that this is a good thing but I would respectfully disagree and reply that we need the GYE population to be strictly for, and ONLY for people who struggle with addiction.

My understanding is that there would be a separate area for non-addicts.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Apology - and Request Please 17 Jan 2010 17:37 #46292

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 17 Jan 2010 17:32:

Yiddle2 wrote on 17 Jan 2010 17:30:

Yiddle wrote:

My understanding is that there would be a separate area for non-addicts.

Why not have someone make a seperate WEBSITE for non-addicts. It seems that we are going to make everyone a private forum except for the people that really need it. I dont think a non addict needs a forum in the first place anyway. Non addicts should not be on this website Bichlal. This website is a support group for addicts and when we start mixing the two, then the website may turn to the worse for the people that really need it, the addicts
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes