Welcome, Guest

Men and Women's forums are now seperate
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 34655 Views

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 13:00 #44325

• loi-misyaeish
Ditto, steve! But all the heilige girls, should know that however hard it may be from now on, hashem's gonna help all of you tenfold in this nisayon for making such a giant leap up. By showing hashem how sincere you are and you're making a geder dikedusha not to have contact anymore with the men anymore, the light of hashem will be shining unfathomably on all of you. The more tzniusdik women will be, especially if it's such a hard move, is gonna bring moshiach much closer, and bring so much more kedusha into the world to counteract all the tumah. BE STRONG! In the zechus of this move, you will all be zoiche to grow so much more than you would have if you would have continued getting chizzuk from the men. I understand this will be difficult for some, BUT IT WILL BRING THE MOST NACHAS RUACH TO HASHEM! Hatzlacha in continuing this holy war and all be zoiche to greet moshiach speedily in our days! TACHZIK CHAZAK ALOT KETANOT SHELI!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 14:54 #44332

• habib613
I didn't have much opportunity to be on the past few days, but my sisters filled me in.
:'( - this doesn't even begin to describe how i feel.
i thought about GYE a LOT during my mini-break. I really wanted to come back the whole time, and just post chizzuk (ie- no more sushi and ice cream and stuff)
but i guess Hashem had different plans.

I'm really going to miss giving and getting chizzuk from all of you. Honestly, i don't know if the women's forum is going to get much larger (bH- i really think most girls don't have this nisayon)

well, this is goodbye.
Thank you all (from the bottom of my heart) for EVERYTHING. You all gave me a new lease on life...
so just a couple of reminders-

good morning! 
Keep on truckin’
Don’t go near triggers with a ten foot pole
Don’t get depressed
Don’t be bored
Give give give
Stick it to the man
Call for help at the first sign of trouble
Be HAPPY ;D

Hatzlacha to all of you. You will all be in my tefillos (still a work in progress)
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
and thank you R' Guard for always doing what is right.

Last Edit: 11 Jan 2010 14:57 by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 14:56 #44333

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I still don't know what to say, or how to say it. But one thing I do know - in a way, this is a goodbye.

But in another way, as lonely as it is, it's never goodbye. You know that we're all here wishing you the best. Hoping for your success, trusting in you, confident in your ability.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 14:57 #44335

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Habib for giving me so much chizuk.

I wish you all the best in life.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 14:58 #44338

• habib613
:'(
k, i'm bawling and my boss is here.
thanks guys.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 15:51 #44387

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
One thought of Chizuk for the new Women's forum -

We say "vichayei olam nota bisocheinu" - And Eternal Life You have planted within us - poshut poshat it means Torah, which will bring us to Olam Haba. But the word for planting is Zoreya. NOTA comes from Natiyah, which technically is a sapling. That means a piece from the original tree is stuck into the ground, and starts to grow again. It hasd the same genetic code as the original, just now grows roots in diff soil and climate. That's the story of klal Yisroel. We have the same genetic code as our forebares, but we must move around to express that dspoite the physical changes in lodcation, time, and influence.

You women are the HANDPICKED ELITE of the NEW GYE WOMEN's FORUM. YOU are nitiyos, saplings from the original tree. You have been transplanted into a separate soil, but you now have absorbed all you need to be the foundation and trunk of a new, fullty grown giant redwood of support and strength for Jewish Women worldwide!! You are no longer following our lead - Like Sarah Shenira, YOU will branch out and create something unique and feminine, that will speak to the hearts and minds of all who join you.

And join you they will. 'If you build it, they will come..."  

Hashem has done this not to punish anyone, but to save an olam rav. And you have no idea that you have such potential. BUT YOUR TATTY OBVIOUSLY DOES!

May you be zoche to see the fruits of your labors blossom quickly, to have more and more chizuk to strengthen yourselves, and others.

Now I'm getting excited instead of sad.

Maybe you girls can get together via a conf call during Winter Break, and YES OVER ICE CREAM & SUSHI, prepared just as Habib likes, discuss how YOU would reorganize you forum, choose topics, and YES fill it with feminie colors of pinks and purples like Trying suggested (BTW, blue and teal "compliment" that...). With Guard and 7UP as your leader, you are gonna make something...

FANTASTIC!!

YOU GALS HAVE WHAT IT TAKES!!

I'm, like, TOTALLY excited for you, you know, like, whatever....!!

(Oh, and thanx for taking a few years off from this old geezer's age...)
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2010 18:28 by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 16:23 #44409

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage, how many people do you think the mens forum started with?

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 16:52 #44423

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Rage, the girls CAN MAKE it happen. Encourage them, like you have always done, cuz they CAN DO THIS, and keep it going strong.

You, me, all us humans who don't shave our armpits can ALSO walk away stronger. It's too easy to get bitter and depressed, and throw up the hard wall again. Let's not go there. Let's fight the menuval and get closer to each other on OUR side of the mechitza.

And I promise to use deodorant.

Whaddayasay?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 16:53 #44425

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I say yes, certainly to the deoderant!

Rage, we still care about you - and we certainly still need you.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 17:06 #44433

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
KG wrote:

I don't know what kind of tzaddik, or avodah, or tefillah, or siyum, or whatever - can ever make up for the unimaginable void this separation is going to leave in kevod shomayim.
But good things have a tendency to come to an end.

No, good things don't always come to an end. I believe this is the beginning of a NEW and BETTER things. The women's forum will grow and flourish, be"h. And it will be safer and more comfortable for everyone!

Let girls be girls and boys be boys.

(Instead of "Keep on Trucking" - they'll say "Keep on Shopping!!" ;D ;D)

Let's try and see the good in everything.

(And Rage, it had nothing to do with you at all.)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 17:27 #44451

• WeWillNotBeForsaken
Kollel Guy wrote on 11 Jan 2010 16:23:

Rage, how many people do you think the mens forum started with?

How True. I remember over a year ago refreshing the page every 12 hours and often there would still be no new posts!

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 18:50 #44473

• yearning4pure
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I am not sure why, but people seem to think that the change had to do with me, as I have been getting very very mean messages lately. I was hurt, lonely and saddened by this, and when one of them asked for forgiveness, I said no, b/c I was so utterly confused. IN any case, to all of those that sent me "hate" mail  I will say this...  I went to my room last night at around 1:30 , and as per my nightly order, I took in some mussar, said tehillim, and leanred from a sefer.  When I picked up my mussar sefer, the page that was in front of me stated that one should never go to bed without saying hamapil and forgiving everyone that hurt them. Without this essential forgiveness you cannot be a good recepticlefor Hashems love. so I said hamapil with all my heart and I while I cannot understand the hatred spewed upon me, I forgive anyone that has hurt me

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 21:20 #44505

• me
...I cannot understand the hatred spewed upon me

The emmes is, that in almost all cases, when one is experiencing any type of hate, it is really their own personal hate that they have for themselves. So, this really is not at all about you, but rather an opportunity for others to see more deeplyl how they in fact feel about themselves.

(Instead of "Keep on Trucking" - they'll say "Keep on Shopping!!"  )

They can say it, as long as i don't have to pay for it!!!

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 21:28 #44508

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have mixed feeling about the separation, but being far from impartial I will pass on commenting.

I do,however, agree with Rage that the women's forum will fall apart before long, or at least not grow. I watched on the sidelines for months before  posting the first time. Something that women will not be able to do if they can't see it.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 21:30 #44510

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Me3 wrote on 11 Jan 2010 21:28:

I have mixed feeling about the separation, but being far from impartial I will pass on commenting.

I do,however, agree with Rage that the women's forum will fall apart before long, or at least not grow. I watched on the sidelines for months before  posting the first time. Something that women will not be able to do if they can't see it.

They'll watch the "men's forum" as guests, and decide to sign up... and be directed to the women's forum.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes