Welcome, Guest

Men and Women's forums are now seperate
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.

TOPIC: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 35050 Views

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 10 Jan 2010 22:09 #44187

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
let go and let Guard
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by .

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 10 Jan 2010 22:15 #44192

• bardichev
im not sure if this is the last one but if it is ..cherish it

GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 10 Jan 2010 22:18 #44194

I'm with Guard, of course.

Bbbbbbbbbut...

Who'se gonna comment on Yechida's posts?

Oy.

Guard, maybe you can have a mirror of Yechida's posts show up in the E. N. ?

A one way mirror, of course.

k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 10 Jan 2010 22:30 #44201

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
this is going to be my last post on this side

I just wanted to say thank you to all the holy warriors on GYE for everything you did for me
for inspiring me
for encouraging me
for making me smile and laugh
for showing me what life is really about
for showing me that i am special
for helping me uncover the real me
for answering my calls for help
for caring
for letting me be a part of the revolution
for every smiley and post that made me feel that i could do it.

You guys are the best family in the world. Keep improving and being the best you can be. i'll be davening for you all.

WATLITW, your sister,
Letakain21
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 10 Jan 2010 22:46 #44202

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
This is perhaps the toughest post I've had to write so far.

I'm a male. I don't like change, especially if the thing that is changing was a good thing.

The Satan is at work here, trying to uproot a support system that was special, in that men were learning to appreciate women as PEOPLE and not as objects, and the women were striving for such levels of perfection that they became "nokee b'eiynei Adam V'Elokim."

I am begging all my fellow warriors, to CONTINUE to work toward those high standards. Every word you have ever typed across the two sides, from direct chizuk to showing solidarity thru fun and laughter, was and will remain HEILIGE!! HEILIGE I SAY!!

Even tho we can no longer continue the way we were going, let us take from the best of what we learned from and about each gender, and grow into better, more sensitive and appreciative men and women, and eventually husbands and wives.

Momo, like many of us, is hurting because the womens' chizuk and perspective, and especially their friendship, has helped him to grow unbelievably. Momo, we are all hurting right now, even those who have accepted the change easily. But we need not go backwards. WE MUST GO FORWARD. Let us be brave, and let us not forsake the trust, the effort, the life blood, that everyone of our friends, MALE AND FEMALE, have invested in each of us, to grow and not to give up. It would be an INSULT to our shared past to allow this change to harm us more.

I, for one, TRUST REB GUARD explicitly. I am sure he has lost much sleep, and anguished over this decision for a long time, as it unfolded. It is a credit to him that he chose to follow the difficult path, hard as it is, to do what he felt was right, what needed to be done according to his carefully chosen expert advisors and Rabbinic Poskim. And I am 100% sure that HKB"H has given him siyata d'shomaya to make the right decision. HAKOL B'DEI SHOMAYIM!

YES, the Satan undermined, but remember, he is ultimately powerless. HASHEM HU HA'ELOKIM! as DC taught us:

IT IS ALL G-D, ALL THE TIME!

Who has placed before us all the difficulties of our lives? IT'S THE ONE AND ONLY HASHEM! Why does He do that to us? Does He hate us?

NO!!! HASHEM LOVES US! And we're supposed to THINK, and LEARN  and GROW from our nisyonos! They are a challenge to us!

The problem is we don't think we are ready for that challenge. But Tatty knows us better than we know ourselves. And He has placed this challenge in front of Reb Guard, and us all.

Guard has done HIS part.

Now it is time to do ours.

I will continue to daven for the hatzlacha and freedom from lust for every one whom I met on these pages, and now especially for

Letakein bas 7UP
Trying bas 7UP
Habib bas 7UP
TheOne bas 7UP,

and all the noshim tzidkoniyos who have inspired me immensely. I will miss seeing you grow, and feeling like i was able to help in my small little way. But I have every faith and confidence that YOU WILL SUCCEED!! May HKB"H bring you more and more friends, QUICKLY, that will fill your loss, and make you stronger.

And NOW, Guys, if you're still awake after reading my megillah, let's get going!!

LAST ONE IN THE JAR IS A ROTTEN CUCUMBER !!!!

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 00:23 #44222

• NotAlone
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Senior Boarder
Well, I'm pretty ambivalent about the switch. Whatever works best, I guess.

A note to R' Guard: You should mention on the website that a women's forum exists or you won't get any more female takers, since the regular "not logged in" page no longer shows the women's forums. Perhaps you could add "Men's Forum" and "Women's Forum" buttons to the website, and have the actual content of the women's forum visible only upon login of female members.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 01:21 #44229

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
It is definitely hard to judge Rav Guard's decision without actually knowing what happened so all we can do is trust in Guard and daven to Hashem that this is the best for everyone.

-Yiddle

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 01:53 #44237

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Indeed. I know that I'm going to be davening extra, having in mind GYE's success.

And by the way, just because my post was short, doesn't mean this isn't hard for me. It is.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 01:57 #44242

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Where is this so-called "Woman's Forum" anyway?

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 03:54 #44251

• TrYiNg
Does anyone know how depressing it is to click on "new replies" for four hours straight and get "no posts"?? ?? ??
You mean I really got to get a life besides GYE??  :o :o

Now I need a 'chill spot'. Gals , you realize the men took all the good threads?  >

ooh...I'm gonna make our own..and it's gonna have pink curtains and gorgeous china and expensive silverware..Dim lighting of course.. KEWL

Problem is that it's a bit lonely..

I still didn't say 'thank you' cuz I don't think this is goodbye.
and I don't know how to say goodbyes. It breaks my heart. Steve, I hear you on changes. It's one of the things I detest the most in my life. Even a change for the better.   :'(

Again Guard, I'm with you entirely. Just sharing what's hard.

One more thing , there is no way I can ever thank all of you who have all singlehandedly changed my life. This isn't just about SA. I've learned to how to climb mountains. Even straight brick walls. I learned how to fall gracefully and land in standing position. I've learned how to continue trucking despite the odds. I learned that hashem is always here no matter what we do. I learned that inside, people aren't all that bad.  (even men :) They're actually good and kind and  oh so pure. All of you. I don't care what the world says but you've shown me what true avodas hashem is.  I've learned about real caring and about the greatness of the human spirit. Oh yes, I also learned that no matter how serious a situation is , a little laughter won't hurt.  :D
These lessons will remain with me forever. Through every journey and bump in the road. Through every mountain I'll have to climb. 
When things are tough I will remember each gevaaaaldig. Each KUTGW. Each ACE. KOT. GTG….and one very important "you are someone special". 
They will keep me going and ALL OF YOU will be part of my successes  …You will never be forgotten.

Guard , was the point to get me emotional? Mission accomplished. Jokes over…Now can we pretty pls have the old GYE back??  :'( 

:D

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 04:45 #44252

• bardichev
TrYiNg

That was probably one of the nicest post on GUE ever

Nothing is perfect

We must continue to KOT NMW. NMW!!!

We are here on a mission the mission didn't change!

The Heliger Guard just rearranged the chess pieces on the board.

The mission is simple:
Identify your enemy
Remove you enemy

What the tactics are: for that you have the entire forum

But the mission is the same

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 05:28 #44269

• yearning4pure
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I trust guard 100% with whatever he does, even when it hurts or when I feel he is wrong. He is our Rebbe and by his psak we shall rely. What bothers me the most is that when I used to come to the forum after a whole day of viewing guys as lust objects, I would see Ano, guard, mevakesh, RATM, kanesher,uri,dov, etc posting on the forum, and it made me stop to think about what tzaddikim many guys can be, and that they have such pure holy neshamos trapped in crazy materialism that s/ts blinds me. But it was this forum, and the men on it, that made me stop to think about the destruction of the jewish holy man, and how I don't want to be a part of that anymore. I wish all of you guys the best, and can only say thank you for all of your prompt responses, and non condescending remarks. Guard and mevakesh made me feel like a bas yisroel for the first time in years, and it is to them I owe my life.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 11:17 #44305

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 763 days
From now on, any unsanctioned and/or unsupervised cross gender communication, may result in being forced to leave the forum.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 11:54 #44309

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Kol HaKavod girls.  Now, you have your own journey to continue. Besides, I honestly believe you're going to have a flood of new members because of this change; it won't be lonely for long. I think this change is for the best; yet it doesn't diminish my tremendous respect for you all.

Re: Men and Women's forums are now seperate 11 Jan 2010 12:53 #44323

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
letakain21 wrote on 10 Jan 2010 22:30:

this is going to be my last post on this side

I just wanted to say thank you to all the holy warriors on GYE for everything you did for me
for inspiring me
for encouraging me
for making me smile and laugh
for showing me what life is really about
for showing me that i am special
for helping me uncover the real me
for answering my calls for help
for caring
for letting me be a part of the revolution
for every smiley and post that made me feel that i could do it.

You guys are the best family in the world. Keep improving and being the best you can be. i'll be davening for you all.

WATLITW, your sister,
Letakain21
TrYiNg wrote on 11 Jan 2010 03:54:

Does anyone know how depressing it is to click on "new replies" for four hours straight and get "no posts"?? ?? ??
You mean I really got to get a life besides GYE??  :o :o

Now I need a 'chill spot'. Gals , you realize the men took all the good threads?  >

ooh...I'm gonna make our own..and it's gonna have pink curtains and gorgeous china and expensive silverware..Dim lighting of course.. KEWL

Problem is that it's a bit lonely..

I still didn't say 'thank you' cuz I don't think this is goodbye.
and I don't know how to say goodbyes. It breaks my heart. Steve, I hear you on changes. It's one of the things I detest the most in my life. Even a change for the better.   :'(

Again Guard, I'm with you entirely. Just sharing what's hard.

One more thing , there is no way I can ever thank all of you who have all singlehandedly changed my life. This isn't just about SA. I've learned to how to climb mountains. Even straight brick walls. I learned how to fall gracefully and land in standing position. I've learned how to continue trucking despite the odds. I learned that hashem is always here no matter what we do. I learned that inside, people aren't all that bad.  (even men :) They're actually good and kind and  oh so pure. All of you. I don't care what the world says but you've shown me what true avodas hashem is.  I've learned about real caring and about the greatness of the human spirit. Oh yes, I also learned that no matter how serious a situation is , a little laughter won't hurt.  :D
These lessons will remain with me forever. Through every journey and bump in the road. Through every mountain I'll have to climb. 
When things are tough I will remember each gevaaaaldig. Each KUTGW. Each ACE. KOT. GTG….and one very important "you are someone special". 
They will keep me going and ALL OF YOU will be part of my successes  …You will never be forgotten.

Guard , was the point to get me emotional? Mission accomplished. Jokes over…Now can we pretty pls have the old GYE back??  :'( 

:D

I was initially very pro the move, and durring the time when the forums were still together - I could never get myself to give a jewish girl chizuk in these ares,
but when I saw these two posts I started to cry.
This is the first time I'm realizing how special GUE really is.
The world is never the same after a special relationship discontinues.
I don't know what kind of tzaddik, or avodah, or tefillah, or siyum, or whatever - can ever make up for the unimaginable void this separation is going to leave in kevod shomayim.
But good things have a tendency to come to an end.
The only nechama I can give myself, is that I know that somewhere high above our perceptions, all the efforts of our tzaddikim and tzidkanios are uniting together, and are forming one great Nachas Ruach for our creator and father in shomayim.
And without a doubt, even if we don't notice it, we ARE still helping each other, and we ARE still giving each other chizuk, and we ARE still giving each other strength to force ourselves to continue trucking against all odds. And in a way that is more effective and powerful than we can ever imagine.

I wish all of you the most amazing success in everything that you do, that means GUE matters as well as every other good thing you ever work on throughout your lives.
You should all be zocheh (those single of course) to marry Ovdei H-shem B'emes U'bsimcha, who will learn Torah Lishmah throughout their entire lives according to the p'nai H-shen gives them for it, and (this includes those married) live lives of shalom bayis, emes, emunah, simchah, and ahavas H-shem, and constantly grow in your avodas H-shem and reach great hights, and each on of you shold raise a house full of yirei H-shem and ba'alei midos tovos and derech eretz.
Even though we're not on each others forums anymore, we'll still be in each other's tefillos.
Goodbye and Kol Tuv....
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes