Welcome, Guest

New GYE Whatsapp Support Group
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 2001 Views

Re: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 29 Apr 2021 11:32 #367647

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Why is GYE promoting WhatsApp groups? Although many groups are fine and people are careful with what they post, it is well known that many guys have fallen in through them. The general rule rabbonim are giving us regarding technology is - what you don't absolutely need, don't get. Why should WhatsApp be different? Why should we be giving a "haskama" to it?  

Disclaimer - the above is just my opinion. Please feel free to disagree.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 29 Apr 2021 12:53 #367653

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 29 Apr 2021 11:32:
Why is GYE promoting WhatsApp groups? Although many groups are fine and people are careful with what they post, it is well known that many guys have fallen in through them. The general rule rabbonim are giving us regarding technology is - what you don't absolutely need, don't get. Why should WhatsApp be different? Why should we be giving a "haskama" to it?  

GYE isn't a rabbinical authority! Fact is many on here are using WhatsApp already anyway... 

Re: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 29 Apr 2021 19:43 #367675

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmuel wrote on 29 Apr 2021 12:53:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 29 Apr 2021 11:32:

GYE isn't a rabbinical authority! Fact is many on here are using WhatsApp already anyway... 

I am asking totally innocently,but is there really a Rabinacal figure that gets asked these questions or they just give an overall haskamah to the idea of GYE?

Re: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 30 Apr 2021 00:04 #367688

I am asking totally innocently,but is there really a Rabinacal figure that gets asked these questions or they just give an overall haskamah to the idea of GYE?

I think towards the idea I doubt they get involved in internal matters - there isn't much out there (if anything) like GYE so even if GYE weren't half as good as it is I still think it would have the haskamos
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: New GYE Whatsapp Support Group 12 Dec 2021 14:29 #374908

• shmuel
  • Current streak: 578 days
  • Platinum Boarder
the.guard wrote on 28 Apr 2021 09:44:

Wouldn't it be great to have a Whatsapp group where you could reach out for help 24 hours a day, or post chizuk - just like on the GYE forums and chat rooms?

We just launched a GYE Whatsapp group where you can:

• Connect with others and get out of isolation,
  • Have some accountability with your fellow members
  • Reach out for help in a "weak moment" and get instant chizuk
  • Share inspiring memes, short video clips and articles.
  • Give chizuk to others

We hope to have be"h a few moderators as well, who can help with chizuk and support.

DISLAIMER: Whatsapp is less anonymous than the GYE forum and chat-rooms. People can see your phone number, and often your name and picture can come up as well. To help protect everyone, we will only allow verified GYE members to join.

If you're ready to take your recovery up a notch and join, send an email to gyewhatsapp@gmail.com with the word "Join" in the subject with your phone number (with the country code) and your GYE username in the body of the email.

See here for terms and conditions.

Did this take off?
how can someone join if they'd like?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes