Welcome, Guest

90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 5833 Views

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 22 Feb 2011 05:43 #97981

• bardichev
Keep on trucking

Keep it uppp

From strength to srength

B
Last Edit: by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 22 Feb 2011 11:06 #97992

• ToAdd
  • Platinum Boarder
That's great news, Well Done!

Just keep an eye out for any new tactics 

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 23 Feb 2011 06:40 #98181

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gotta keep it going Strong.  I love where I am at.  One Day At A Time.  Today was Lazy Day.  Tomorrow I NEED to accomplish more.  Not just sit around and waste my time.  Lets do this!!!! > > >

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 23 Feb 2011 17:35 #98234

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
just watch out for Morse Code overdoses...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 23 Feb 2011 17:47 #98239

• bardichev
He still has a few trix in his bag

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 01 Mar 2011 07:13 #98973

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
This is unbelievable!!!!!! Today I reached 38 days!!!  This is now the longest streak that I have had in the past 11 years.  WOW!!!!!!!  Thank You Hashem.  Thank you GYE.  I must let everybody know that I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

I have also had quite a few tests from the Y"H the past few days.  One of the reasons why I am posting so late at night is because my internet connection broke, so I'm using my friends connection, but I didn't want him to see what websites I'm going on (GYE-not the other type that I wouldn't want him to know about), so I waited up until now (don't worry, my computer has a double filter).  This is a huge test for me since I have been using GYE so much the past few days.  This also happened right when I'm trying to start a group and I think that the Y"H is trying to make me depressed by making me unable to post.  I told myself this morning that although it is very annoying that I am unable to post, I will not let it get me down!!!

To those that are following my group I will be trying my hardest over the next few days, but under the circumstances it may be difficult.  However, by Wednesday night I will have my connection once again so by then the group will be fully up and running.  I'm really sorry for the delay, but anyways you guys did get the PM,  so if you send a message to Gmail I will get it faster.

Anyways, I wish I could spend the time writing a lengthier reply, but it is very late at night.
Until tomorrow, 
Rising Up

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 01 Mar 2011 15:58 #99020

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
gevaldig!
thanks for sharing good stuff
thank you for all your efforts and for adding so much to GYE
hatzlocha rabbah
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 02 Mar 2011 02:28 #99178

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Ever seen the children's book book about the Rooster who's beak was tied together by a guy who wanted to stop the rooster from waking him him with its cock-a-doodle-doo? The rooster was bouncing around. the cock-a-doodle-doo was desperately trying to get out of its body.....

You must feel the same way, wanting to post but not having an outlet...  OUCH! :o :o :o

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 03 Mar 2011 22:11 #99490

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
40 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

I did it!!!! The sheer gratitude and thanks to HK"BU is inestimable. Ilu phinu malei shirah k'yam, etc.... ain anachnu maspikim l'hodos l'cha Hashem Elokeinu.  Thank YOU!!!!

It is with my utmost pride that I have reached the base summit of a previously seemingly insurmountable climb.  From here I can finally envision the climb that it will take to reach that final summit.  Although that point is still out of sight, it is ever comforting to know that the ladder in this dream is not endless.  What started as a far off cry for help has turned into a war, a battle of epic proportions. One in which I am accompanied by so many powerful warriors, each one giving all of himself to help my cause.  As I battle the Y"H, the enemy, I am confident that those that surround me will not back down just from the fear of giving in and surrendering to the enemy.  I know, and I see on a constant basis, that those that are here with me are fighting with all of their weapons.  The enemy is a common one, and with power in numbers I am confident that we will storm up the battlefield, mightily, successfully.  Up above us stands those that have already defeated the enemy, each one of them holding their hands to the sky so that each one of us down below will know where to look for help in the time of need.  Yes, each mentor on this sight is to me like Moshe Rabbeinu was to the Jewish people leaving Egypt.  I will so gladly step alongside those that have joined us in battle knowing full well the abundance of energy and will-power that they have stored deep within them. 

I am in sheer ecstasy over the fact that just 40 days ago I was unmoved from the depths of depravity, while I now stand with my feet on firm ground.  I have not yet left the vicinity of the pits and valleys that are so readily abound.  I wish to reemphasize my commitment to breaking free of my old ways, and I do not wish them farewell.  For the first time in over 5 years the bar that I have set for myself has been raised, and I do so with much trepidation.  I am fully aware that each encounter with a new struggle is replete with dangers and pitfalls.  I ask myself to not accelerate the pace of my recovery.  I ask myself to remain aware of the dangers that are still ever present.  And finally, I ask of myself ever-lasting patience.  I will need as much help over the next 40+ days as I have received over the past 40 days.  Perhaps even more, but definitely no less.

Rising Up
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2011 22:19 by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 06 Mar 2011 04:18 #99676

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Why the  :o :-\ ??? :  can't the Y"H leave me alone for a couple of days??  Wet dreams, bad videos on pop ups, well dressed woman in shul...  On that note I have something I feel I need addressed.  When I first joined GYE and for the past 5 years, I have never had a problem with seeing well dressed woman in Shul or elsewhere in the community.  Ever since about two weeks ago I have been feeling more and more "lusting" when these situations present themselves.  It is brutal for me to have to keep on turning my head like its on a swivel.  It is almost like since I have started to run away from the Y"H, the Y"H has gotten out of the hiding place where me and him used to get together and has gone running after me.  I know that the only reason why I never really had a problem previously is because I never needed the site of these women to satisfy my urge for lust, and I do take this as a sign of recovery.  Hence, I want the Y"H to back off and stay in his corner, where I know I can find him, rather then change hiding places every few days just in an attempt to make me slip up and fall. 
Last Edit: 06 Mar 2011 04:40 by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 08 Mar 2011 17:47 #100163

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
I feel the same way!

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 08 Mar 2011 18:10 #100169

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
to the esteemed and precious powerhouse of positive energy known as RisingUp:

congratulations on your progress!
keep up your gevaldiger work
keep living and growing and rising up!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 08 Mar 2011 18:42 #100179

• ben durdayah
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • No, that is not a mouse...
Rising,

I sympathize with the fact that frum women are a nisayon for you at this point. I believe that this is the case for many of us. (At least it is for me.)

IMHO -even if in many cases their tznius may not be perfect (who is perfect?) -it is our overcharged minds which are the problem.

But we have to remind ourselves, as bards says, that She is not my problem. Hopefully, this will also get better with time.

E
For Dov and the other two guys who care,
My real name really is
 Eli
Like the original Bendy, Ein hadavar talui ela bee

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 09 Mar 2011 01:41 #100248

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, I do feel that she isn't my problem but sometimes it's just bothersome to me that a Bas Yisroel would even want to dress that way.  Another thing is that a lot of these girls that are married come to shul looking attractive for their husbands, but in their infinite stupidity don't realize that since they are the same age as all the bochurim that are in shul, they are doing a better job of looking attractive to everyone other than their husbands.  There was one woman that came to shul a few months ago dressed so provocatively (she was wearing those 8 inch heels that we all know are most commonly found in a certain type of bar), that I wanted to go over to her husband, whom I don't know personally and ask him who this women is married to.  I was thinking he would get the point.  I couldn't muster up the brass to do it.

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 09 Mar 2011 02:01 #100249

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
RisingUp wrote on 09 Mar 2011 01:41:

but sometimes it's just bothersome to me that a Bas Yisroel would even want to dress that way. 

In other words, why would she want to hide the fact that she's a Bas Yisrael.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes