Welcome, Guest

90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 5834 Views

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 13 Feb 2011 19:25 #96742

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
RisingUp wrote on 11 Feb 2011 20:07:

Thanks to all those on this website, I am able to share my thoughts without the fear of being ridiculed or shunned

If you would only know what I think about you..... :o

But why should you care about ME?? I am just an addict.....  :-[
Last Edit: by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 13 Feb 2011 19:50 #96751

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
you mean you're an addict?!?!?!? 

if I would have only known....

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 13 Feb 2011 21:05 #96762

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
SSSSHHHHHH

Don't say it so loud!

The neighbors might hear you.  Shiduchim is just around the corner!!!

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 14 Feb 2011 05:58 #96823

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I decided that in order to measure my progress, I would read the first 100 or so posts from those that have been on this site for quite a time.  I read bardichev, zemiros shabbos, Yosef Hatzadik.  I find it quite inspirational to see the struggles that these people went through before reaching the point that they have today.  I will continue to do so throughout this week as i feel that it is a necessary step in my success.  Modeling after success is a good plan.  Overall today was a good day.  The YH once again gave a call but it was pretty pathetic so I had no problem really.  I also became a "Full Member" today.  I spoke with the Rav that showed me this website, today.  I went through some of the conversations that I have had with other people here on the various forums.  he tells me that he needs to show someone else to GYE, so I briefed him on what was important to stress to the other person.  [Post day 23 10-Adar 1/Feb 14]

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 14 Feb 2011 07:50 #96827

• bardichev
Rising

Thanks for reading my post

KOT

B

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 14 Feb 2011 18:48 #96903

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ditto

if you find any pearls of wisdom let me know
and remember that the only time we can say we 'succeeded' is when we take up long-term residence in the landscape
t'is a battle for life
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 14 Feb 2011 19:55 #96921

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
RisingUp wrote on 14 Feb 2011 05:58:

Today I decided that in order to measure my progress, I would read the first 100 or so posts from those that have been on this site for quite a time.  I read..... Yosef Hatzadik.  I find it quite inspirational to see the struggles that these people went through before reaching the point that they have today. ......  Modeling after success is a good plan.

Your idea is a good one but your choice wasn't. I have yet to reach success. I am still struggling.

Maybe you ought to read the thread of some of the guys who graduated already!  (Battleworn, Noora BiAmram, etc.) <The Rebbe Reb Bardichev is also included in that group. He is just sticking around to be nice to us Newbies!>

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 15 Feb 2011 05:06 #96988

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 14 Feb 2011 19:55:

Maybe you ought to read the thread of some of the guys who graduated already!  (Battleworn, Noora BiAmram, etc.) <The Rebbe Reb Bardichev is also included in that group. He is just sticking around to be nice to us Newbies!>

Thank you so much for the references!!  As I said I would, I continued to go through more posts from long time members (Yosef Hatzadik, like that little change in syntax?? ) today. I found out that I have a certain similiarity with some of these people that posted a few years back.  look here:

battleworn wrote on 22 Sep 2008 16:09:

Dear everyone,
I really want to share my story with you, but it's long and I can't do it at once. I want to start with the beginning and the end, and I'll try to fill in the rest in installments.

bardichev wrote on 06 Apr 2009 22:04:
I don't want to make this email forever long  so I will continue it in parts(if anyone is interested).

RisingUp wrote on 23 Jan 2011 04:31:

At this point I am going to hold off on the rest of my story and interject with why I am posting my story. .......
      I know that I need an incentive of sorts to help me through this and as such I have decide to continually add more to my story as I progress through these 90 days.

I am going to continue to read through their posts, and hopefully,  by the time I finish this goal I will be able to post more words that are in common with what they have shared so far with me.  And hopefully the new similarities that I find will be a little more constructive than the similarities of the comments posted above!!
Last Edit: 15 Feb 2011 05:30 by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 15 Feb 2011 05:40 #96996

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Bli ayin hara I have now gone a month with out M******!!  24 days without seeing P***!!  It feels like just yesterday though, that GYE was not a part of my life.  I realize that this is a long and arduous process.  I have read so much material in the past month that my head is seemingly going to burst with all the new insights that I have gained from GYE.  I want to let everyone know that this past month of my life I have gone from being a negative person to looking at things in a positive manner.  I credit this to my new outlook on life based off of the progress that I and so many others here on GYE are having.  Thank You!!
[Post Day 24 11-Adar 1/Feb-15]

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 15 Feb 2011 06:06 #96999

• bardichev
YosefHatzaddik
Thanks

I am a newbie

Yes I get help from this forum everysingle day

B

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 18 Feb 2011 19:27 #97545

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
I have spent the past week reading the struggles of other members on GYE.  It is truly an honor to share my thoughts with some of these members.  After reading through many of those that succeeded in overcoming their struggles, I have come to the realization that I can truly succeed with GYE as my vehicle on the road to recovery.  In truth, much of the inspiration that I do receive from the various members does come from those members that have not yet seen their efforts culminate successfully.  Those that try over and over again offer inspiration to those that are first starting out on the tortuous road to recovery.  While we all realize that it will not be an easy battle, it makes it all the much easier to see those that are up ahead of us leading the way.  We are not being led blind, we see the results of those that have succeeded, and we can see those that are well on the way ahead of us.  We can see those that have stopped on the side of the road.  Some to take a quick break before loading up again, some have ran out of fuel, and some need some help getting their wheels rolling.  Whatever it is, there is always the site of a rescue team there with those people that serves to reassure us so very much.  The knowledge that help is never far away serves as a motivator to those that are teetering on the brink of the long road, those that are still just starting out, and even to those that are at full speed yet need some reassurance and direction.  Knowing that the road to recovery will never be unlit goes far in the mind of an addict.
                                                                                                                                                                                      Rising Up

For this I am truly thankful.

Wishing everyone a Wonderful Shabbos!!!!!!!! :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2011 19:31 by .

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 18 Feb 2011 19:29 #97547

• d_teddybear
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Fresh Boarder
RisingUp wrote on 18 Feb 2011 19:27:

^-^ >:D O0

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer did you find zees peoples??!!!

and are there more.

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 18 Feb 2011 19:35 #97548

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
I found them on the here.  I would like to find out myself whether there more,  and if you find anymore let me know.  I haven't decided yet whether this one O0 is Kim Jung Il, or Don King.

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 20 Feb 2011 02:46 #97573

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations to GYE on 1200 Members!!!!!!!      :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( ^-^ >:D O0 :D

Re: 90 days and beyond-Rising Up To The Great Challenge 22 Feb 2011 05:38 #97980

• Rising Up
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW!!! 30 days!!! 
          I never thought that I would be back here after so many failed attempts in the past.  This is only the 3rd time in the past 11 years that I have gone for 30 days or more without falling.  Never have I made it to 40.  ONE DAY AT A TIME.  I am looking forward to making to each new day.  This is  truly a milestone for me.  About a year and a half ago I decided that I would no longer aim for 40 days since it had proven to be too difficult for me.  I decided to instead go for 30 days as that might be a little easier for me.  I never even managed to make it to 30 days until now.  I can not thank Hashem enough for this opportunity. 
          I am truly fortunate to be a part of the GYE family.  It is an honer to share my trials and tribulations with those here on this website.  Although you may seem distant and faceless, it is not closeness which I seek.  It is care which I seek, and I so graciously receive from each one of you.  The comfort of care is so very special.  True you all are to the credo of GYE.  To help oneself while helping one another.  These are the truest words from the inner recesses of my heart.  Thank You!!!

Rising Up

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Time to create page: 0.95 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes