Welcome, Guest

my journey to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: my journey to 90 6227 Views

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 14:23 #13767

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!! Hope your wife and the baby are doing well.
Last Edit: by YAD1.

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 14:51 #13768

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HUGE!! MAZAL TOV!! GREAT NEWS!! Everyone should be healthy and well.
Last Edit: by Ushcush.

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 14:55 #13769

• Someone
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Thats really nice! MAZEL TOV!
Last Edit: by just_one_day_at_a_time.

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 15:02 #13770

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Mazal Tov! 

"Urei vanim l'vanecha . . ."

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Hans.

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 19:34 #13795

• Tev
Mazal tov Ezra Hatzadik,

May you and all of Klal Yisroel be Zoche to Simchos...

70 days wow thats greaaaaaaat (Im so jealous of you )

(its a good type of jealousy though keep it up!)
Last Edit: by testperson.

Re: my journey to 90 23 Aug 2009 20:19 #13802

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Wow. I see a connection between 70 days and the birth! It says in Chazal that a woman gives 70 cries before she gives birth. These 70 days are like 70 cries that you just gave, to give birth to a NEW YOU! Mazal Tov. May your son be saved from the nisyonos of our generation in the merit of his father's hard work in this area!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by change613.

Re: my journey to 90 24 Aug 2009 18:04 #13937

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazal Tov!
Last Edit: by yidingolus.

Re: my journey to 90 26 Aug 2009 10:45 #14278

• Tomim2B
Ezra, the struggle that you’ve been going through the past few days reminds me of an allegory. The allegory I am about to relate, I’m sure you can use to find the positive light in your constant and continuous battle with your y”h.

In an arm wrestle a person exerts a fair amount of energy in relation to his opponent. If his opponent is weak, winning doesn’t take much. When arm-wrestling someone who is weaker than him, naturally the muscles in his arm don’t work as hard - but he can even win in a relaxed state. If the opponent is strong on the other hand, obviously he'll need to exert an additional amount of strength in the match. If he remains relaxed, he can’t win.

If our opponent wants to outsmart us, he can loosen up the muscles in his arm for a brief moment, only to quickly resume the original amount of tension before we have a chance to exert the strength needed to win. This is a mind trick which is taught in Neuro Linguistic Programing, and can deceptively be used to win an arm-wrestling challenge with someone who is even much stronger.

It’s the imbalances and inconsistencies that make our challenges so hard. One day we’re fighting a powerful y”h, and the next day he’s gone, or so we think. The moment that we don’t feel the fight anymore, that is when he’s got us exactly where he wants. This is when he returns with all force, and slams us. By using this trick we can easily be deceived. It’s your continuous battle, always knowing that he’s there that makes you victorious each time. The constant fight that your y”h is putting up always lets you know that he is still there. It’s with these small victories that  yo
ur y”h is truly weakened.

You’re doing a great job at not letting the y”h win! Keep that muscle strong, to 90 and on!

I wish you a mazal tov on reaching a 70-day count and on the birth of your son! A simcha of yours is a simcha of mine!

2B

Last Edit: 26 Aug 2009 10:48 by thedij.

Re: my journey to 90 03 Sep 2009 23:03 #15761

• Rage AT Machine
Just saw you up on the top of the chart and read your story. You're only 9 days away, man. I'm jealous. keep focused, man, you're an inspiration to us newbies.
Last Edit: by Nyguyg92.

Re: my journey to 90 04 Sep 2009 03:48 #15794

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Raging-
Every one  here started at one day and never thought they could do a week, let alone 90 days.

You can do this.
Last Edit: by strugglinggirl.

Re: my journey to 90 13 Sep 2009 20:45 #17613

• bardichev
HEY DOY YOU GET THE BIG MAZAL TOV

RATM AND I ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO DRINK IN MIDDLE OF SELICHOS

LET US KNOW

WE WILL BRING THE PARTY!!!!
b
Last Edit: by al.

Re: my journey to 90 13 Sep 2009 21:01 #17616

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a L'Chaim for him on Shabbos, but the confirmation would be nice (I can also try to have another, although I don't normally drink during the week).

Nuuuuuuuuuu.........

Update your chart!!!!!
Last Edit: by leizmichois.

Re: my journey to 90 13 Sep 2009 21:02 #17617

• bardichev
I HAD MANY MANY LCHAIMS THIS SHABBOS INCLUDING ONE FOR EZRA
Last Edit: by barzelit.

Re: my journey to 90 14 Sep 2009 00:29 #17647

• Rage AT Machine
so can we start getting retarded in here, or what?
Last Edit: by Iwanttobeegoodagain.

Re: my journey to 90 18 Sep 2009 04:07 #18889

• ezra1800
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • User
sorry no reply in a while.  yes I made it to 90.  BUT... I think I had a fall.....I DID NOT MB or get even close but I did surf inappriate sites three times over the last three days.  I guess this counts as a fall and I need to start over.  I would love to deny it, but we all know how that plays out.....any feedback would be appreciated. having to start over would be a big bummer but I knew the consequences  and did it anyway.  sorry to let you guys down.  it was pretty dumb, a great reminder of fake and dumb it is. 
basically, I am in denial I had a fall probably and need to hear it from you guys.  I have since set up stronger gedarim on my computer (better filter) - I am good at computers, this one will be hard to get around probably impossible.
Last Edit: by Yiddy613.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes