Welcome, Guest

My CLIMB on the wall
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My CLIMB on the wall 61674 Views

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 09 Jul 2012 14:06 #141131

• 2nd-chance
  • Current streak: 85 days
  • Gold Boarder
סםXהויה
The multitude of wounds on a soldier demonstrate his audacity.

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 10 Jul 2012 06:35 #141187

• chaimcharlie
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm jealous.

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 11 Jul 2012 19:06 #141325

• 2nd-chance
  • Gold Boarder
oh please
are you jealous of the disease i have
or the program i joined

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 12 Jul 2012 15:34 #141383

Perhaps that's what they mean by
קנאת סופרים תרבה חכמה
i.e. if you're jealous of (סופרים) those who count (successfully), it may help you gain some perspective about your own destiny in life.

MT

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 12 Jul 2012 20:53 #141405

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MT - סופר! :D
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 12 Jul 2012 21:02 #141408

• rt
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
MT, I always get a smile after reading your vortlach (meant positive) how you always find things merumaz bechaza"l. shkoach

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 13 Jul 2012 06:53 #141441

• 2nd-chance
  • Gold Boarder
עין
maybe i should keep the eye extra careful today
only for today, erev shabbos
i will try to take special care of my eyes
gut shabbos

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 13 Jul 2012 14:23 #141465

Congratulations Isaac!

In honor of your "Ayin" days, I'll share a joke about "eyes" (goes better in Yiddish):

There was this bochur who belonged to a certain chassidishe sect that is known to be extreme in separation of the genders (even with their own wives to a large extent). Anyhow this bochur had to go on his first "beshow" (sit-in date). So his yungerman mentor gave him some tips of how to behave, and off he went.

When the beshow was over, the shadchan called the girl's father to ask what he thought of the boy. The father complained that the boy acted very strange. He walked in with his eyes to the floor. He sat and spoke with the girl, but faced the wall the entire time. But the strangest thing was that he carried a bag full of fish-eyes, and every few minutes he would take an eye from the bag and throw it up in the air.

So the shadchan calls the bochur and asks him to explain his strange behavior. The bochur explained, "When my mentor coached me about the beshow he said, "Regarding looking at the girl,
בדרך כלל קוקט מען נישט. יעדער פאר מינוט ווארפט מען אן אויג
(literally: In general, do not look. Every few minutes you should throw an eye.)

May we all have hatzlacha in shmiras einayim - and in keeping our sanity (or is that supposed to be in reverse order).

MT

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 13 Jul 2012 15:43 #141490

• LookingForwardToChange
  • Current streak: 1550 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Never try quitting, and never quit trying.
Thanks Machshovo Tova!!! :D

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 13 Jul 2012 16:40 #141503

• rt
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
:DD geshmakkkk, shkoach.
a gitten shabbes, chevre.

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 15 Jul 2012 19:59 #141599

• 2nd-chance
  • Gold Boarder
132 days
דברו על לב ירושלים
מתאים לימים אלו

MT thanks for the joke
how about a new joke JUST FOR TODAY

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 16 Jul 2012 14:49 #141706

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep the good going, chaver, just today!
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 16 Jul 2012 16:01 #141729

Isaac wrote on 15 Jul 2012 19:59:

MT thanks for the joke
how about a new joke JUST FOR TODAY

Whaddya think, I'm a comedian who shuckels jokes out of his sleeves? If I'm reminded of a joke automatically, I share it. But otherwise I'm as boring as the best of us.

Which reminds me of - not a joke, but an anecdote about jokes (I heard this many decades ago from a choshive maggid - either R' Shabsi Yudelevitz zt"l, or R' Sholom Schwadron zt"L, or R" Yaakov Galinsky shlit"a):

A fellow passed by an auditorium and heard people laughing. Every few seconds they laughed again. So he enters and takes a seat. He sees a guy gets up on stage and says "Ya wanna hear something funny? Twenty three!" And the crowd breaks into thunderous laughter. Another guy goes up and says, "You wanna hear something funnier? Forty four!" Sure enough, the crowd laughs even harder. A third guy gets up and says, "Ya wanna hear something really hilarious? Thirty seven!" Again, the oilam is rolling with laughter...

So this perplexed fellow figured, "If that's what they consider funny, then I can do the same." He gets up on stage and says, "Wait till you hear this funny one: Seventeen!" And all he hears is deafening silence. So he tried again, "How about this one? Fifty six!" Again, silence...

So this disappointed fellow complained to the audience, "Why do you find those other guys' numbers funnier than mine?" And they explained, "Those guys are professional comedians. They each have a whole stack of good jokes, which are identified by numbers. So when Jackie Miller gets up and says, "Twenty three!", we know that joke, and it's quite a funny one. And when Joey Lebovitz tops that with his number "Thirty eight", yeah that's even funnier. But you poor soul, all you got is numbers and there's nothing funny with that...

Anyhow, dear Isaac, we are happy to see your progress, and we are inspired to learn from you how important it is to to stick to our guns JUST FOR TODAY.

As the possuk says:
והיו הדברים האלה אשר אנכי מצוך היום על לבבך

Your Al Lev is just for today. Tommorow is a new avodah and iy"H a new remez.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 16 Jul 2012 17:32 #141737

• 2nd-chance
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks MT

BTW, I was also at THAT convention, at some jokes they laughed, at other's they just smiled.
But when Yankel Miller announced "joke number 26", one waiter was laughing his head off.
When the waiter calmed down, I asked him, could u please explain, what was so funny with joke #26?
oh, he exclaimed, it's the first time I heard this one.

Re: My CLIMB on the wall 20 Jul 2012 03:43 #142089

Wow time seems to be flying by now no? BARUCH HASHEM!

Keep it up buddy!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes