Welcome, Guest

Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 73876 Views

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 26 Aug 2013 20:16 #217260

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
It's nice to hear from you again Elyah! Don't be a stranger.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 27 Aug 2013 02:26 #217342

• Dov
  • Administrator
Eye.nonymous wrote:
Just recently celebrated a year of sobriety. I've had some major ups and downs lately, but still holding on to recovery.

--Elyah

That's so sweet. Please don't bother having a sweet new year. I just wish you a real sweet Rosh Hashonah, and am sure that G-d will take care of all the year-arrangements.

Your sobriety is such a gift to us folks!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 02 Oct 2013 00:28 #220087

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
A while back if I would have so much as thought of acting out, I would feel in danger and pick up the phone to call someone or do some writing or post on GYE. I think I've started to take recovery for granted a bit, which is dangerous. If a little slip comes along I somehow don't really believe it's happening--it somehow doesn't register. It's part of the sickness.

Or, I sort of have this feeling, "Now that I've been clean for so long and I've got all these tools of recovery to deal with life, I could act out and still be okay." But, in reality, it would just be a matter of time before everything gets out of control again along with acting out.

Thank G-d I'm still sober, but I've been on shaky ground lately. I want to get out of this rut and stop taking recovery for granted.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 07 Oct 2013 01:16 #220368

Hi Eye,
I was just browsing for some chizzuk and I found it with your post. Mazel tov on your year. May the RBS"O grant you a long and sweet life of sobriety. Please daven for all of us that are inspired by you and want to copy you with our kinas sofrim.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 07 Oct 2013 02:16 #220375

Hey, Dov just called you Ketores in today's chizzuk email as well so i am in very good company.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 07 Oct 2013 11:45 #220400

• think good
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel Tov Eye.nonymous (Elyah) you are an example for all of us.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 24 Oct 2013 16:41 #221791

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Just got through a really intense disagreement with my wife.

It got a little ugly but, thanks to recovery, I felt like the damage was contained and losses were minimized. It was like a nuclear explosion, but in an isolated desert somewhere. We pulled through it, trying to see each other's point of view, and each getting guidance from our own program sponsors--that, I think, is what saved us more than anything. Although we were seriously at odds, we had some level of doing "the actions of love"--giving when we didn't feel like it, and communicating when we would rather not talk to each other. We managed not to split too far apart, and ultimately pulled back together again.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 24 Oct 2013 21:25 #221816

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

If I could use a golf mashal. The best golfers in the world are not the ones who hit every shot perfectly, stay in the fairway, out of the rough, and out of bunkers. They are the ones who hit many shots very well, but much more importantly know how to recover (pun intended) when they hit a bad shot.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 28 Oct 2013 07:11 #222091

• Dov
  • Administrator
Like he said...thanks for telling it like it is, Elyah!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 10 May 2014 22:48 #231476

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi. Just dropping in. Still doing well, thank G-d.

--Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 10 May 2014 22:55 #231478

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Thanks for the update!!

Don't drop that "ball"!!!!

KOMTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 12 May 2014 13:14 #231560

• yehoshua
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
YOU DA MAN ELYA!!!!
Last Edit: 12 May 2014 13:14 by yehoshua.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 20 Jun 2014 11:48 #233864

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
I've had a couple of falls lately.

I'd rather be honest than pretend to be a recovery superman.

I'm still going to recovery meetings, in regular contact with my sponsor, and working the steps.

Someone told me once, though, that the "easier softer way," most people think of as being something other than the program of recovery. Sometimes, though, it could mean doing recovery, but slacking off.

I think I did reach a point where I started taking recovery for granted and assumed I am a safe distance from acting out and it could never happen again. If I had a conflict in schedule, or simply had a rough day and was feeling like I needed to take it easy, I would more often skip a meeting instead of pushing myself to go.

Besides that, my work situation has improved. As "free-lance" which, for many years meant I was sitting in front of the computer pretending to work, more recently means that I actually have work to do and I am struggling to complete it in a timely manner. So, I would side in favor of work responsibilities instead of making time for step-work or program calls.

But I went to an extreme.

I am struggling to find a balance and to keep recovery as a high priority.

Thanks for reading,

Elyah

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 20 Jun 2014 14:47 #233870

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
Thank you for your honesty.

You have previously shown us that when you have worked the program you have gotten recovery.

You have now also shown us that when you haven't worked the program you relapsed.

These are both very important messages that i constantly need to be reminded of.

Re: Eye.nonymous (Elyah) official count 20 Jun 2014 17:40 #233873

Hatzlacha going forward. And don't forget, regardless of yesterday, all we got is today. Let's make the best of it.

Have a great Shabbat!

MT
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes