Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25314 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Dec 2010 15:29 #88793

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
holy soldier, i am sorry for that TV trigger u got now, plz make sure MOM takes care of it 2moro, if not do as i said, call me & while we are on the phone u will do the filter on TV urself
just remember all ur falls are for the sake of u growing of it, & NO u r not back @ the begining of ur struggle again, u are much stronger now than b4 & hashem is just increasing ur challanges according to ur currecnt state,
KIT
KOT
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Dec 2010 20:18 #88812

there is someone on this forum that i text when its tough.
i had another fall last night. today i am adding something to my interent filter. and my parents are being..................difficult. idk if its possible to get a filter on tv until next week.
i have to think of ways to keep away from it

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Dec 2010 22:17 #88823

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Operation Find New Yeshiva With Good Dorm

probably the best thing you can ever do for yourself.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 13 Dec 2010 01:50 #88837

the winter teaches us such a holy lesson.
idk about all of you, but when i walk on ice, if i dont look down at where im walking, i slip.
hashem is telling us through the winter, if you dont keep your eyes down, you slip.
i find that for me, the hardest part and the most dangerous part is shemiras aynayim, thaughts are difficult, but im able a lot of the time to control them, but what i see (besides for the fact that the only memories that a person has is from what he sees) my eyes are almost the most important/crucial part of this challenge that i nned to be working on.

also, my rebbi told me, if im working on limud hatorah, and kavvanah during teffilah (both part of asei tov) and if i work on shemiras aynayim (part of sur mera) then im set. these are THE things i need to be working on for now.

limud hatorah and shemiras aynayim can go hand and hand. when im walking on the street, if im thinking of some type of torah its much easier to keep my eyes down then if im walking in the street only keeping in mind to keep my eyes down.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 14 Dec 2010 02:40 #88971

my dad told me that he put a parental control on tv ( a couple days ago i told him that someone told me that its assur for me to have a tv without a block) he finally got onee put on. and the filter gabbai added soemthing to my filter. baruch hashem!

starting the phone conference tonight!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 14 Dec 2010 05:12 #88978

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's 2 pieces of fantastic news! Remember that filters are good, but they're not a permanent solution. There will always be times when we're tempted in a situation without filters, and we need to get ourselves to the point where we can walk away. Walk away not feel deprived, walk away and feel relieved. That's where the phone conferences come in.

So it sounds like you're really on the right path!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 14 Dec 2010 05:52 #88980

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 14 Dec 2010 02:40:

my dad told me that he put a parental control on tv ( a couple days ago i told him that someone told me that its assur for me to have a tv without a block) he finally got onee put on. and the filter gabbai added soemthing to my filter. baruch hashem!

GREAT & GREAT!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 14 Dec 2010 20:42 #89087

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HashemsSoldier wrote on 14 Dec 2010 02:40:

great to hear!
you are a true soldier, forging onward through thick and thin
keep up your great work!
sometimes a soldiers job is to pick up his rifle and shoot. sometimes his job is to move out of the way and let the artillery put down their merchandise unhindered. may you have the wisdom to know the right thing at the right time.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 15 Dec 2010 01:10 #89115

thank you all! looking forward to calling in tonight.
last night i didnt introduce myself since im in my parents house, i dont want them to hear me.
day 2? i think

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 15 Dec 2010 15:08 #89159

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You know, I think your parents will only increase their respect for you in requesting the filter and doing it with such honor to your parents & their values.

I just told my own yeshiva bochur that we were going to visit Bubbee and she intended to take us on a multi-day sightseeing trip that would: a) be a gevaldige, always-remember event, and: b) require him to miss the first night seder of the next zman, and perhaps the next day as well. He's elected to fly back alone to get to night seder. He said that in 20 years, he thinks he'd regret the other choice more.

At first I was frustrated at the lack of family unification during Bubbee's command performance. But now, I cry tears of gratitude that he should make such mature choices at such a tender age, and think about 20 years from now rather than just today.

Asking your parents to heed the gedolei Torah and install the filter -- with or without a lust problem to fuel the request -- is (as MasterCard says), priceless. Shkoiach.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 15 Dec 2010 15:23 #89165

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Briut, that's phenominal!

much much continued nachas
from him
and from yourself!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 15 Dec 2010 16:32 #89196

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS, u r an inspiration to all of us here, I'm very proud of ur work and so is hashem, just keep up and stay in touch

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Dec 2010 00:26 #89329

that is a very big chizzuk....im already happy that i asked them:)
day 3...

i always thought that isolation wasnt an issue. i always told myself that i know everyone has this issue and im even already in a community of other addicts....but now that i join the phone conferences, i feel so together, idk how to explain it.
we started finals today. tommorow i dont have a final (you only need 3 years of social studies to graduate and jewish history {that we take during senior year}counts as one so i dropped a class for a bais moedrish period) so i have tons of time to learn torah tommorow!
Last Edit: 17 Dec 2010 05:26 by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Dec 2010 02:22 #89339

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS: Sorry to butt in, but I've got to share my thought that... I would never want my own email address to show up on the publicly-searchable pages of this forum. These threads are searchable, both by google and by spam-servers.

I would have PM'd this, but I think others should see the reminder that this forum is not exactly the stuff you want on your shidduch resume and that keeping emails out of the public eye might be a good thing.

I am sure you'll be able to edit the last post appropriately . Thanks, and please forgive the thread hijack.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Dec 2010 05:27 #89565

taken care of bruit.
today, day 4.
the phone conference was good, there was a lot of stuff that i felt had to do with me.
i learned a lot today! lots of torah.
good night
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes