Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25310 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Jul 2012 04:09 #141669

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 15 Jul 2012 21:26:

hashem is giving me yet another good day. he is holding me back from shichvas zera. he is holding me back from looking at the non jews on the street. as of now my nissayon is looking at jewish girls. for some reason they are a bigger nissayon for me. (i have some ideas why.) but BH so far it is not yet leading to shicvas zera yet. hashem please continue to help me

Join the club. Non-jews, who forgot to get dressed in the morning, they don't hold a candle to a Yiddeshe Maidle. Because they're the real thing. All we ever want is the real thing.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Jul 2012 18:12 #141834

yup that right.
checkign in
in 3 weeks im leaving to go to Yeshiva in EY for teh year

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Jul 2012 17:28 #141926

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi HS,

Happy you are doing well.
Hatzlocha rabboh in Eretz Yisroel!
will you have access to gye on your shtender??

or will we have to wait until Pesach bein hazmanim ?? :o

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Jul 2012 17:39 #141930

• dovekbashem
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Hey HS,

Just wanted to tell you how inspiring you've been to everyone here in your successes and even in your falls. Keep up your holy struggle and go to EY to become the adam gadol that you are capable of being.

Throughout the year, try not to focus on the "problem" of this addiction. Try instead to focus on the beauty of life in EY and the tremendous zechus that it is to learn Hashem's Torah and to be his eved. We are so privileged as Jews to have the keys to a meaningful life of truth and honesty bifnei Hashem. A year in EY will make you realize that in ways you never even thought possible. When that desire hits (and it will) and you feel the need to fall, ask yourself what it is distracting you from. Is it taking your mind off of ratzon Hashem? Is it pulling you away from an experience to bond with other bochurim, to shmooze with a rebbe, to hear another shiur or learn another sugyah? Is it distracting you from the most beautiful, wonderful and important experience of your lifetime so far? The answer will inevitably be yes (just trust me on that!) and I promise you that it isn't worth it.

Now is the perfect time to embrace and confront the beauties of life and to learn how live in the presence of Hashem. Don't let dumb addictions take that opportunity away from you.

PS. When you DO succeed in staying clean this year, just make sure not to let your guard down after you return. That's just what the Yetzer Hara will be waiting for.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Jul 2012 18:40 #141940

shkoych!
now the next Q is how long does it take to find ur way around?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 03:25 #141962

• E-Tek
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Gold Boarder
For me it was 3 months for most of Yerushalayim's good neighborhoods (I still don't know Yafo area).

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 13:32 #141986

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
these days there are excellent maps available.
I got a map from one of those "we sell everything" small shops somewhere on meah shearim near kikar Shabbos.
It was very detailed, including bus routes, and footpaths.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 16:31 #142009

It's mistaber that just as you need to know how to get around whereever you need to go, you also need to be aware of which areas you should not be hangin' around.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 16:42 #142012

shkoych
2 weeks and 6 days....the countdown begins...

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 20:26 #142048

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
here is a shortcut for getting around
focus on the important things
so you need:
Pizza Uri
Kosel
Barber shop
oh, and you need to find your yeshiva

simple, no?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jul 2012 21:50 #142057

for the barber shop....ill just find some random chassidish guy on street...he'll give me the right haircut.

i like the pizza sauce more tha the pzza (uknow what i mean? the spicy sauce)

this might be the MOST IMPORTANT on the list.... a minyan factory so i can roll out of bed at 10 go to mikvah and still catch a minyan

i think u are right ZM about knowing where my yeshiva is....might be a litttle helpful...but more importantly...i should know where my bed is.
hopefully my yeshiva will be on the top of hill so if i go anywhere it will be an easy downhill walk.....(now that i just typed that i just realized.....the way back to yeshiva will be uphill there is no escaping the hills )

the kosel will be a shabbas activity so i dont have to rip my shirt.

yup....pretty simple

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jul 2012 05:41 #142152

• Dov
  • Administrator
Iy"H I will be in EY for a few weeks soon. Want to meet and reminisce on old times of the forum? You've been around a while...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Jul 2012 02:08 #142233

avaddeh
now i have can hear the daily dose of dov straight from him himself. ill send u a PM

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Jul 2012 02:14 #142234

oy di da dum da da di da da da da dum dada oy da da dada tida da dadada ahahaha aha ddiddi di di

for those who cant realize....that was my singing......i know i know its not so good. some people would argue that in real life i dont sing.....i talk.....some people would argue that on gye i dont sing....i type.
but singing has really helpped me lately. it contains a simcha...i have finally discovered what it means of "simcha is the secret" and "ki besimcha tezeiu" reb B called me his chassid when i read through all of his thread (all 1000 pages) but now i have become a true chassid

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Jul 2012 02:15 #142235

btw i am 1 amud away form finishing another meggilah
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes