Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25315 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Jun 2012 04:04 #140236

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Hi HS,
sorry to hear about the 'being ignored' feeling. I think i know what you mean.
something that worked for me was to make a chavrusashaft with the fellow. Even if its only once a week. It can guve you some private time where you two will interact.
Your summer plans sound great
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Jun 2012 04:25 #140240

• Dov
  • Administrator
Daven and then decide of you hurt him in some way. If not then it might be good to write him a short note snd lesave it on his talisbeitel or table in an envelope asking "Are you not speaking to me, Reb________?" It seems that way to me.Can I help you?" signed yourself ("Hashem's Soldier" may coinfuse things a bit...

Hatzlocha!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jun 2012 14:05 #140372

the point is that i thought that it might be more than a litle hurt or feeling of beign ignored.
i thought that it must be self esteem issues or etc.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jun 2012 22:14 #140421

the place that the chassunah that is out of country is taking has wonderful scenery. i am hopig to be abl to expirience a lot of A&W momoents

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Jun 2012 14:20 #140488

it took me about 200 feathers....but i think yesterday i finally got the skill of making a kulmus. mor importantly a consistant kulmus.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Jun 2012 14:41 #140492

HashemsSoldier wrote on 27 Jun 2012 22:14:

the place that the chassunah that is out of country is taking has wonderful scenery. i am hopig to be abl to expirience a lot of A&W momoents

Just make sure to avoid the "dangerous scenery" that can cause other kind of A&W (Ach 'n' Way) moments.

MT (= mazal tov)

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Jun 2012 20:10 #140533

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, you are better than Thomas Edison, it took him a few thousand tries before he was able to get the right material for a filament

all those feathers reminded me of a story i read yesterday in Reb Shlomo Freifeld's biography (great book, btw, not the regular gadol biography who knew shas at age 5 and never looked back from there). He was a great admirer of the Ribnitzer Rebbe zt'l, who was known as a great baal mofes. Reb Shlomo would want to hear stories about the Ribnitzer's mesirus nefesh, not his mofsim.
Under Communist rule he would encourage the Jewish housewives to bring him their chickens so he could shecht them according to halacha and as an incentive he offered to feather any chicken brought to him...
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jun 2012 00:31 #140550

where can i get those feathers?
i used up almost all of mine. only have 5 left for 6 amudim.
(btw if i really knew how to make a kulmus i would only need about 5 or 10 vto make a meggilah.)

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jun 2012 14:16 #140578

HashemsSoldier wrote on 29 Jun 2012 00:31:

where can i get those feathers?

If you can wait, there is a minhag in Bobov where all bochurim wear a feather (all sizes and colors) in their hats on Shushan Purim.

MT

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jun 2012 16:14 #140592

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
רבש"ע למה מדוע
אין לנו פורים פעמיים בשבוע

- Shakespeare
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 01 Jul 2012 16:47 #140628

im leavign today.
cya in 10 days!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Jul 2012 21:32 #141410

im back.
the chassunah was unbeleivible. lot of A&W moments.
glad to be back.
hashem gave me hatzlacha in shmiras eynayim. (every time hashem helped me look away i imagined putting an animal on the mizbayach)

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 13 Jul 2012 16:03 #141497

happy birthday GYE.
hashem is giving me yet another days of doing well. im tryign to really feel that it is he who is giving me help. not myself.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 13 Jul 2012 17:08 #141510

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
welcome back HS!
have a great shabbos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 15 Jul 2012 21:26 #141607

hashem is giving me yet another good day. he is holding me back from shichvas zera. he is holding me back from looking at the non jews on the street. as of now my nissayon is looking at jewish girls. for some reason they are a bigger nissayon for me. (i have some ideas why.) but BH so far it is not yet leading to shicvas zera yet. hashem please continue to help me
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes