Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25336 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Jul 2011 16:19 #112364

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
you + 16 = tov
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Jul 2011 17:32 #112382

well i actually just had a fall.
in truth it started last friday when i saw something and i convinced myself that all was ok and that i didnt need help. now that i had the fall i realize that every day i kept going back to that image (in my head) and wanting to get more than it, each day i had more intense hiruhurim until i collapsed today.
i now know (nothing that i didnt know before) that every friday i need to reach out to the chevra, and aspecially my partner.

now.....fell shmelll,  FULL SPEED TRUCKING AHEAD!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 14:34 #112520

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
FEHL SHMELL
ONWARDS SOLDIER
TRICK OR TRUCK

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 14:51 #112522

• bardichev
FELL SHMELL
OOOON VAYYYTERRR!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 17:13 #112556

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
don't forget to drink up
Attachments:

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 17:15 #112557

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
he is underage, be carefull, the police may show up at your door.
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 20:15 #112597

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
ok here.
Attachments:

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Jul 2011 23:34 #112611

shkoyach.

i already spoke with my partner (so when you read this you already know about it)
fridays in the morning is usually my difficult spot, i have to be the one to open the door for cleaning lady and be home (hopefully soon i will trade this job with someone else) (and yes dov, i know what you said about this before)
im going to be speaking  with my partner  before she comes and also checking in with him as she will be here.

today is proudly day 1

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jul 2011 02:13 #112685

today is prudly day 2, but its not 2 days, its another ONE day that happens to equal 2......

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jul 2011 14:32 #112715

day 3
ACTIVE RECOVERY
the sound of that sends shivers down my back (ok not really but its super important) just cus i know the ideas and concepts iwas given by GYE and the big book calls, doesnt mean that i have recovery, i need to be ACTIVE about it,

when im passive i just kinda tell myself that o i know everything but it kinda goes to the back of my mind.

how do we be active about recovery, do something active, pick up a phone and call your sponser (and dont just shmooz with him ,talk about your struggle) send someone a pm, or post on your thread, BE ACTIVE ABOUT IT!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Jul 2011 15:11 #112719

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thanks HS, that's a very important point

i once heard a shiur from Rav Moshe Weinberger shlita and he gave a moshol of an older bochur who wrote a multi-volume guide to marriage and relationships. while it was probably full of good ideas, nice quotes and sound advice, it does not come close to someone who actually lives it...

thanks for sharing that
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Aug 2011 02:00 #112960

• Dov
  • Administrator
Und vos iz mit a poor shteppen?

(and how about a step or two?)

The calls and the reaching out are great, but that is all parrying. What about the 'attack'? For me, that's stepwork. And hey....isn't that ultimately what the chevreshahft and openness with the call-ees is for? Creating a fellowship for stepwork and true growth and fredom?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Aug 2011 02:21 #112962

dov of course the steps are needed, but what i meant to say (or what i meant to copy from shlomo) is that we cant just passivly do them,
the steps need to be active steps.
btw today is day 6

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Aug 2011 02:29 #112966

• Dov
  • Administrator
What do you mean?

Active steps to me, means doing some writing work on each one, sharing it with a sponsor, davening to Hashem about the stepwork you are doing that day on a regular basis, and taking action based on that step to allow Hashem in to help us. It's hard work and real action. Not just not acting out. That's not action - it's just not acting out.

I am missing something?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Aug 2011 02:36 #112968

nope, i agree with you
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes