Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25318 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25 Nov 2010 19:41 #86813

ya. im happy that i deleted it. i dont regret doing it. but now im wishing that i could talk to her. obviously it is my yetzer harah trying to get me to think about it.
AHA i just figured out the plan of the yetzer harah! me dleting her text was part of his plan! he wanted me to have a fight to delete the text (if i would have responded he wouldnt be sad, he could go either way) and now that he got me to already start to have a hard time, now he wants me to continue to feel bad for doing it, that way, by tonight when everyone is here i would have already been wishing for a couple hours that i could talk to the girl, i would be weak and i woudnt be able to control my eyes.        did everyone follow along? now my goal isnt to weaken myself by wishing i didnt delete it, now is the time to strengthen myself by saying, hashem helped me delete a text from a girl that i could have gotten a lot from (gotten a lot of impurity and you all know) but now that hashem deleted the text, now im confident that hashem will save me tonight also!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25 Nov 2010 19:42 #86814

by the way....day 10

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25 Nov 2010 21:59 #86860

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 25 Nov 2010 19:42:

by the way....day 10

Strange there's no automated congratulations message for reaching day 10 because, as we know, it's a very significant number in the Torah.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 02:36 #86917

ok. dinner is done. i was able to control my eyes for some of the time. closer to the end i started trying to mumble a teffilah to hashem. i put my hand in front of my mouth and talked to hashem. and i was able to continue.
now i have an image of one of the girls in my head and this specific one triggers me for various reasons...im trying to fight but its hard!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 03:44 #86922

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Can you surrender to H'?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 09:18 #86935

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, congratulations on deleting the text, and doing well during dinner.

As always, I recommend focusing on the success, and feeling good about it. There were times when I ignored people's attempts to contact me that made me feel really rotten (I've written about this before, you can PM me if you want specific details, not really triggering), but along with that rotten feeling was also a deep knowledge that I had done something right, something good, something beautiful - something that brought me closer to the real me.

And you've done that - so feel very, very good about that!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 10:57 #86944

• frumfiend
you are so amazing!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 15:40 #86972

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shkoiach. We all knew you could do it (survive the turkey dinner).

As to that one girl stuck in a part of your head, there are lots of standard eitzas. None of them really work for me. Except maybe the one about 'imagine that girl covered in and singing off-key (my soft spot) and talking like an unschooled idiot.' Or something like that. So then, whenever the pretty image of her appears, I can replace that image with the other one.

It isn't the same as really getting it OUT of my mind, so it's still giving the image a little control over me that's not appropriate, but it's a start.  For what it's worth....

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 16:49 #86980

thank you. i was able to control myself. i turned on music. and i read the book that gye sent out....light of efraim. and then baruch hashem i fell asleep. im trying to put my emfases on the feeling that i DID control myself in a lot of the tests.
lso feeling accomplished with how my learning is improving little by little every day!
day 11.
good shabbas

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Nov 2010 16:56 #86981

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS
you are doing awesome!
great idea - to focus on the victories, and great to hear about your learning
soldier on,
have a great shabbos
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Nov 2010 07:29 #87041

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
keep on rocking!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Nov 2010 16:30 #87059

day 13......
i dont have much to say. my mind has been busy with other (kosher) things lately. i start school tommorow after this whole extended weekend.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Nov 2010 20:29 #87092

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Nov 2010 20:31 #87093

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut wrote on 26 Nov 2010 15:40:

As to that one girl stuck in a part of your head, there are lots of standard eitzas. None of them really work for me. Except maybe the one about 'imagine that girl covered in and singing off-key (my soft spot) and talking like an unschooled idiot.' Or something like that. So then, whenever the pretty image of her appears, I can replace that image with the other one.

You mean, imagine she's actually the mother of your children?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Nov 2010 21:33 #87113

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 28 Nov 2010 20:31:
You mean, imagine she's actually the mother of your children?
Ouch! My Eye.! Do you know how many potential shidduchim you might have ruined with that one line, Eye.?

Of course, it's true that my own wife can't sing on key....
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes