Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25346 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Jun 2011 16:21 #108928

have a great shabbas!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Jun 2011 16:23 #108929

btw, in htis weeks parsha we have the mitzvah of lo sasuru,
lets alll be especially careful with shmiras eynayim this week!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jun 2011 21:55 #109159

shabbas was very very good.
has anyone ever seen a place where as a kibbud they give out putting the keser on the torah? thats what they gave me, ive never seen it before.
bh im up to day 5 today

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jun 2011 21:58 #109160

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
I've seen places where the DO NOT give out this Kibud. It is reserved for the Rebbe!

Who else is on the level of placing the crown on the Torah!?!?

Hashem's Soldier is a suitable candidate for it! He is constantly being mamlich Hashem over himself!!!!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jun 2011 22:25 #109167

thanks YH
over shabbas and yesterday i had hatzlacha in shmiras eynayim when it was in regards to the goyim, but there was one jewish girl that i had trouble with

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jun 2011 16:19 #109226

im up to day 6 today, its been a while since i got to day 6. im taking it one day at a time still,
trying to live the 12 steps,
trying to live life instead of escaping it, ok there isnt much to do today and its boring, it is part of life.

on sunday night and monday morning there is going to be a big nissyon for me, but that isnt till net week, and its not importnat now cus i just need to get through today. ill worry about sunday night on sunday.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jun 2011 18:36 #109252

i fell asleep late last night so i just took a quick nap and i woke up weak, so im coming here to connect to you guys. im coming to realize that i am powerless to my lust addiction based on all the methods upon methods and fights upon fights that i have used and fought with.
im making a public statement that i am powerless and that i need hashems help to finish today clean.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jun 2011 19:34 #109259

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Hi HS,
good to see you!
KOT
zs
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jun 2011 21:24 #109281

i have a technical Q
do you see on the left of my posts it says my username and then under that it says hero member and then under that it has 5 blocks,
so 1st off what exactly are those blocks? and why do i have 5 of them? there are people who have at least double or triple the amount of posts that i have that only have 3 blocks,
just wondering,
and btw, bh im still clean even though earlier today i was having some difficulty

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jun 2011 15:41 #109320

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
HashemsSoldier wrote on 21 Jun 2011 21:24:

i have a technical Q
do you see on the left of my posts it says my username and then under that it says hero member and then under that it has 5 blocks,
so 1st off what exactly are those blocks? and why do i have 5 of them? there are people who have at least double or triple the amount of posts that i have that only have 3 blocks,
just wondering

This question has been asked MANY MANY times on the GYE forum. To date, I do not recall anyone giving a satisfactory explanation.

Let us all bombard Guard with PMs asking him to shed light on this, once & for all!!!
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2011 16:24 by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jun 2011 16:14 #109330

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
In general, the amount of stars goes according to amount of posts. So if you have 5 blocks and are a hero member, you must have posted A LOT!

Sometimes a member is put in a certain category, like "Married"... In such a case, I set each group to have a certain amount of stars. Once you are in a group, the amount of stars no longer reflects the amount of posts.

I hope this answer helped you, and I hope even more that GYE is helping you!!  ;D ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jun 2011 16:24 #109333

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Guard must be in this group, which is why his boxes are all red
Attachments:
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jun 2011 16:25 #109334

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
guardureyes wrote on 22 Jun 2011 16:14:

Sometimes a member is put in a certain category, like "Married"... In such a case, I set each group to have a certain amount of stars. Once you are in a group, the amount of stars no longer reflects the amount of posts.

This perpetuates the myth that after someone gets married he stops shteiging!!!    :o > :-[

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Jun 2011 16:28 #109336

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 22 Jun 2011 16:24:

Guard must be in this group, which is why his boxes are all red

Guard's are red indicating that he has Administrator Powers.

Kedusha, Dov, & Jack's are green cuz they have Moderator Powers.

What color are Me3's??

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Jun 2011 02:37 #109378

• Dov
  • Administrator
You are gold, man. Gold.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes