Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25350 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 29 Apr 2011 22:04 #104731

half of my family left. still have more until sunday.
over pesach it was really hard, i was sick and didnt have to many people to connect to so often based on privacy. i had a very hard time. i had a lot of falls. i feel like  my actions went back to before i worked on this issue. but my attitude was great. every day i had a fall sometimes 2. i now understand the importance of being connected. the partner gabbai just gave me a new partner (hopefully it will work out...it might be a lil hard cus of practical reasons)
im also going to need to reconect to shlomo. im excited.
i came to a new realization...we all need to live our lives one day at a time, but i keep davening to hashem to help me for good or to help me make it to shavvuos or etc. i need to start davening to hashem to help me make it just until the next teffilah/
have a great shabbas. its great to be back
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 01 May 2011 14:59 #104798

shabbas was great. i had a slip, but im still getting back into cleaness and cant expect in one day to get to where i was
my siblings are leaving today so it will go back to just being me and my parents.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 May 2011 16:25 #104900

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi HS, great to see you back on GYE.
i like your attitude.
KOT
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 May 2011 01:52 #104952

thanks zs.
today we started yeshiva again and as usual it was difficult. its aspecially hard coming back into the same situations again and re-adjusting. im trying to live the 12 step program  into it.
im still davening to hashem to help me just until the next time i daven.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 May 2011 03:20 #104971

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Life is constantly changing.

We are constantly being provided with new life situations in order that we may be tested.

We need to take advantage of every life situation to grow further.

Did I write that?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 May 2011 01:55 #105091

you are right.
although i tried to get myself out of my present situation and going to a different place, it didnt work out.
i was in a situation tonight where my rebbi wasnt there and a bunch of juniors in high school at night seder with no rebbe does not work out well. so i got up and just left to learn somewhere else.
im proud of myself.
ive been very connected to hashem ( compared to before) since i came back here to connect with all of you.
in pesachim in on nun beis-52 the plan is like this. im not learning this necessarily to KNOW trhe mesechta. my main goal in this is that i want to realllly learn how to make a leining on gemorah (any suggestions? i might have asked before). im going through it and just doing gemorah rashi. if i understand it i just continue. if not i try an artscroll (i try this as a last resort).... pretty simple right? sound good?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 May 2011 20:31 #105176

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HashemsSoldier wrote on 04 May 2011 01:55:

im proud of myself.

you are not the only one! we all should be proud of you

HashemsSoldier wrote on 04 May 2011 01:55:

in pesachim in on nun beis-52 the plan is like this. im not learning this necessarily to KNOW trhe mesechta. my main goal in this is that i want to realllly learn how to make a leining on gemorah (any suggestions? i might have asked before). im going through it and just doing gemorah rashi. if i understand it i just continue. if not i try an artscroll (i try this as a last resort).... pretty simple right? sound good?

simple is a good thing, sounds like you are on the right track
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 05 May 2011 03:01 #105198

today was a long day. but here i am. still checking in.
getting to the end of school year everything is really getting much harder.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 08 May 2011 02:45 #105403

i had a fall on friday. but im still working on getting used to an unaccountability partner. i should have reach out but i didnt. i need to work on my reaching out.
tonight is my birthday. daled iyar. any1 have anything on birthdays?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 08 May 2011 14:13 #105427

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
happy birthday!

What's an unaccountability partner?

???

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 08 May 2011 16:32 #105437

• heuni memass
B-Day.

"Ani hayom yeladeticha, Sha'l mimena v'ateina"  Its a big day for tefilah. Hashem said ask from me and i will give

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 08 May 2011 17:52 #105443

oops! idk why in the world i would write unacountibility parter.....take out the "un" from it.
and thank you both.
i heard that it was a day of teffilah from others also.
why is it a day of teffilah though?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 08 May 2011 18:02 #105445

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy birthday! may this be a year of growth and realizing your potential.

As far as why, I can think of a few reasons. For starters, when we talk about certain days having "shefa," abundance or special energy flow from hashem, well, today is certainly the of abundance, of energy for you - it's the day that everything about yo came into being!

Also, since it's the day of beginning for you, it's an opportunity to focus on your priorities in the coming year. And anytime we have a big opportunity, the consequences of (and response to) our choices is equally big.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 May 2011 01:55 #105549

i finished the 4th perek of pesachim,
i was recomended to switch mesechtos and not go into kodshim yet. anyone have any say on this? what about which mesechta to switch to? i need a relatively easy mesechta for a (still) begginer. one that i can really work on my skills.
anyone have anything to say on this?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 May 2011 09:12 #105560

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
If it's skills you want to work on, consider reviewing the same perek over and over again.

R' Avigdor Miller was very into this approach for gaining skills in Gemarah.

R' Miller would say to learn Shnayim Oichzin a hundred times.

Each time you learn it, you will understand more depth.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes