Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25342 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Feb 2011 02:54 #97945

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I love you lots, bro, and I hear your frustration. And she should be smarter, and it would be nice to have a family that helps protect you from these things.

But.

You were put in a family where spiritual growth is possible. In fact, you were put in the only family where true spiritual growth is possible - for you.

Someone here once pointed out something that's completely true, and very inspiring, if only we could always keep it in mind. Every test we face, every second of the day, when we have an opportunity to get close to hashem, to reveal hashem's glory in this world...that particular test, that particular slice of hashem's glory, has never been revealed before, could never be revealed before, in all of history - and it will never get a chance again.

You were put into this world to grow. And the growth you need to do may be something that requires rising above the situation your family has put you in. Most of us here, on some level or another, have had to do that.

Finally - you admit you're powerless? OK, then what do you have to do to make sure that you're not in a situation that requires you to be powerful?
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Feb 2011 02:36 #98137

silent. by giving it to hashem to help me fight.
also we are looking at a lock that whenever the computer goes to the screen saVOR, in order to get back on i need to log on.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Feb 2011 01:09 #98315

checking in. still going.
a little sick

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Feb 2011 17:52 #98423

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
:-* Refuah Sheleima  :-*

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Feb 2011 19:02 #98442

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ditto to Reb Yosef.

How about not going on that computer? Is that an option, even if an inconvenient one?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 27 Feb 2011 20:48 #98715

its not about going on it and then sliping, going on it in the 1st place is a result of my fall.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Feb 2011 04:09 #98777

you probably wont hear from me tommorow. i will be going to a wedding. ive been looking forward to this wedding, it is a very close friend of mine. during the dancing i will be stomping on the yetzers face....the power of simcha!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Mar 2011 02:40 #99179

here i am.
still clean.
i now have an accountibility partner.
im still looking for yeshivos in israel. im looking at ziv hatorah, but i was told that its not the most serious place. does anyone know about it?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Mar 2011 18:25 #99272

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
hi HS
great to hear that you are doing good and that you have a partner, that is great news! happy for you
KUTGW
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 Mar 2011 00:40 #99328

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
PM me about the yeshivos that yu are looking into and I'll be able to give you a rundown of them.  I recently spent two years in Israel (not in the Mir) and many of my friends went to all the different yeshivas that are out there.  I could probably help from an outsiders point of view.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 Mar 2011 02:52 #99344

every time it gets warm here it gets cold gain.
arg!
im doing well. i can see my thought pattern starting to change from the call

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 Mar 2011 00:29 #99512

had a fall last night.
theres a lot and lot going on now-a-days in my life. trying to keep cool.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Mar 2011 02:23 #99670

shabbas was great.
im really looking for yeshivos. everytime i find a yeshiva i find out that its either not at my level or jsut not for me. its frustrating, but i know this is not good for the addicition. im trying to stay happy. when hashem wants me to find the place he will let me find the place.
iyh i am doing my 5th step call this week. we  are almost half way through the program. its going by so fast.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 07 Mar 2011 01:13 #99841

a gut chodesh everyone.
im happy, im almost done with the second perek of pesachim! after so much hard work. i still have a lot to go. but i can see my skills in learning have improved very much.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 07 Mar 2011 16:16 #99929

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
וואס הערט זיך עפעס גיטס? א גיט חודש
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes