Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25334 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Jan 2011 06:27 #93592

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Feeling connected to torah is one of the most amazing feelings!

OK, so what could you do next time to flip things around when you wake up from a dream? Maybe feel the joy that it was just a dream, and focus on that relief?  Any other ideas?
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jan 2011 02:47 #93679

that sounds good.
understand that hashem just gave it to me to see how i would react.

today some people in my class said something inappropriate that got me thinking about it and all the times ive thoguht about it in the past. i did what i normally do, i gave it over to hashem. but its was difficult, the hirrhurim were strong.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Jan 2011 02:51 #93680

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
kot time ten trillion.

I hope your koiach is contagious.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jan 2011 03:13 #93810

i learned some good nesivos shalom on shovavim.
he was stressing torah very much.
i feel that had i never had this struggle, i would not even compare to the person that i am now. because of this struggle, i have grown to many levels that i would never have dreamed about being at at the age of 16.
not saying that im a tzaddik or that i dont have myrids of more levels to climb up to,

get the point?
today is day chaf heh!
i love torah!
HS

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jan 2011 05:11 #93832

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
good for you!
keep on shteiging
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Jan 2011 06:21 #93841

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
That's really beautiful - but be careful. For some people, the battle, the struggle, starts to become part of who they are. For me, I'd rather move past the struggle.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jan 2011 05:25 #93992

silentbattle wrote on 20 Jan 2011 06:21:

That's really beautiful - but be careful. For some people, the battle, the struggle, starts to become part of who they are. For me, I'd rather move past the struggle.

please explain this. i understand what you said. but idk what its meens to me (it possible im one of those people you are talking about) please elaborate (btw thats a big word )

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jan 2011 06:58 #93993

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
This is something Dov has mentioned. I can't claim to fully understand him, but I'll give you my understanding.

It's important to fight against this yetzer hora - and hashem has given me a really strong urge in this area, so clearly it's important that I fight this battle. And I realize how beautiful it is to be aware of the struggle in ruchniyus, so it becomes the focal point of a lot of what I do. And I feel special because I know how important and good it is to be fighting this battle.

The problem is, this battle becomes our identity, to a certain extent, and we don't want to lose it - so obviously, we don't want this battle to just disappear! This sounds perilously close to the way certain leaders of minority groups perceive things. They fight for justice and equality, but the truth is that they only have a job because of perceived prejudice. So really, it's in their best interest to make sure that everyone thinks there's LOTS of prejudice around.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jan 2011 07:53 #93997

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
By the way - I don't mean to say that the struggle isn't dramatic - it is! We're fighting for kedusha, for the side of good, in an epic battle for which the world was created! And fighting that battle, we're heroes!

What I am saying is that if we focus on that, there's a big danger. I was just remembering a guy who used to be here on this forum who would go to extreme measures to show how careful he was, rather than take simpler measures that would have removed him from temptation.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jan 2011 07:54 #93998

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
That's an interesting point.

We could easily put so much thought into how we're doing with our lust.  But, a major part of recovery is to get your mind off it and start thinking about other things instead--to get involved with real life.  It's summed up with "stop living in the problem, and start living in the solution," which really changed the way I look at things.

--Eye.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Jan 2011 19:11 #94042

thank you for that. i will try to do that. i realize how important that idea is
everyone have a great shabbas.

nesivos shalom.
just like the zman tells us the torah reading, we read aeres hadibros on shavuos. so too the torah readding affects teh zman. lets all be mekabel the torah besimcha this shabbas!
eating out tonight, possibley will be girls. i will try to live life noramlly yet still be careful in this area.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Jan 2011 19:04 #94120

shabbas was good.
i had big urges compared to how ive been lately. went to an oneg shabbas and helped clean up. out of no where the daughters of the family showed up and they were good looking and from that point on ive been wanting to look at girls. baruch hashem, that hashem is giving me strength to continue. just like the many other times that these situations have come up i have had big falls in all of them, but thats becasue i fought it by myself. this situation i would have lost, the only thing is that i put the fight into hashems hands since i know if i tried doing it myself i would have fallen.
i still have urges which casued me to slip (but not fall) last night. i thank hashem for these urges becasue it reminds me that I cant do it, but hashem can help.
have a great day!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Jan 2011 20:59 #94128

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Also, USE those urges.  You are craving something.  Escape.  WHY?  What are you trying to escape from.  What is it you ought to be facing, instead?

--Eye.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Jan 2011 22:10 #94147

you are right. cus the reason i have urges is because something is wrong. but the types of things which are bothersome make me want to escape are the type of things i cant escape at this point in life.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Jan 2011 05:01 #94172

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Try this line from Duvid Chaim....

Pain is mandatory.  Suffering is voluntary.

We are guaranteed to experience lots of pain in life.  We choose whether to suffer, or to look at the pain in a way that does not cause us to suffer.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes