Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25332 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 09 Jan 2011 21:19 #92553

yes, and im trying to keep happy also,  mitzvah gedolah liyos besimcha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D

in order to keep myself busy, im trying to learn yiddish, i have some seforim in yiddish and a book that  "teaches" yiddish. it will open up a much larger selection of yeshivos for me to go to after high school.
day 15....wow....the past 15 days have gone by so fast, i am doing much better this time, im not (as we say) white-knuckling it, im giving it up to hashem....trust me: its much easier to just give it to hashem to fight and have him give us victory instead of us fighting at it. the difference is, if i fight it, i will make only a few days clean with much much pain, BUT when i give it to hashem to fight, now i can have a really long period of time without having excrusiating pain.
my ravs shalishshides drusha last week was that why should we daven to hashem to chof es yitzreinu and all these types of teffilos, the whole point is for us to fight and win, whats the point for hashem to help us? the answer are that there is 2 types of aveiros, some of them that we can simply fight against and its very easy for us to wither win or fail against the test, but it can go both ways. but there are some aveiros that once we get into it, its impossible for us to be victorious unless we give it to hashem to fight and help (that is one second out of a lot of more stuff)

anyways.....a gutten tag tzu ale mein frends.....a good day to all of my friends
(was that right?)
;D
HS
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 00:45 #92597

you know the very famous saying/story (whatever its called) about 2 sets of footprints in the sand? that this guy died and went up to heaven and was looking back at his whole life and always saw 2 sets of footprints and G-d told him one of them is yours and one of them is mine, i always walked with you to make sure you were ok. and the guy sees at one point only one set of footprints and says "I KNEW IT, I KNEW THAT AT THOSE TIMES THINGS WERE SO DIFFICULT THAT I WOULD CRY OUT TO YOU AND I WOULD TRY SO HARD TO DO BETTER AND GET YOUR ATTENSION, BUT I NEVER GOT YOUR ATTENTION, I KNEW THAT YOU HAD LEFT ME!" and G-d responded to him and said those footsteps arnt your footsteps, they are my footsteps and i was holding you in my hand.

after years (not so so many years, im still a very young man) of trying to take over my life and throwing away this addiction, i joined the phone conference, and i am growing so much. i am learning to surrender to hashem, i feel like the guy in the story, the only difference is that i dont feel abandoned by hashem anymore, now instead of hashem picking me up, im crawling onto his shoulders before he even needs to pick me up.
i have been doing much better this time around, even though im only at 2 weeks clean, i actually flying through the days this time. im not white-knuckling. im giving all of my struggles to hashem.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 01:16 #92601

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
HashemsSoldier wrote on 09 Jan 2011 21:19:

in order to keep myself busy, im trying to learn yiddish, i have some seforim in yiddish and a book that  "teaches" yiddish. it will open up a much larger selection of yeshivos for me to go to after high school.

Many of these books that 'teach' Yiddish were written by those who view Yiddish as part of a 'culture' (Those who made the Yiddish Theaters by Mechalelai Shabbos are included in this category). The problem for you is that this will be quite different than the Yiddish that is spoken in the Yeshivas which you may be attending 9or the Yiddish on GYE). And this is besides for the problem that such writers use examples in their books which can be a bit triggering......

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 01:28 #92604

• bardichev
I second the motion YH is making

Listen to lipa

His yiddish is quick and witty

Try making basic conversation

Its an easy language

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 01:46 #92606

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
See this entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshivish
www.wordiq.com/definition/Yeshivish
alanlaz.blogspot.com/2007/04/yeshivish-gettysburg-address-and-pledge.html

See the book Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish (Avaliable online)

Notice that most bools about Yiddish are NOT what you are looking for. Those that refer to Yeshivish probably are.
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2011 08:44 by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 02:08 #92607

a dank! is that right?
btw, just so you all know, deriber does NOT meen the reber-with an extra er at the end [like badichev[b]ER[/b] (from the word der reber)
it meens therefore, so nobody else should make this mistake, it might mess up your understanding of the vort (THATS YIDDISH! IM A PRO ALREADY) being said.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 04:14 #92620

btw,
yosef H
the last one is blocked on my computer. i have k9 on strick and the last website is a blog so it is blocked:)
sometimes k9 is so good it blocks kosher stuff!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 10 Jan 2011 17:39 #92707

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
vuss macht men reb HS?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 11 Jan 2011 02:44 #92804

so far so good. day 16.
school is still extremley difficult to deal with, i am bombarded 24/6 ( baruch hashem shabbas i dont need to deal with them on shabbas) with complete shtus and conversation 98% filled with promiscuity and etc. i know that however they talk  is not an excuse for me, but one cant deny that it is an extreme situation.
doing pretty good in the gemorah, im on daf chaf hei amud alef in pesachim. still putting everything in hashems hands.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 11 Jan 2011 03:17 #92807

• yedidyaaleph
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 10 Jan 2011 00:45:

story...about 2 sets of footprints in the sand...... YOU HAD LEFT ME!" and G-d responded to him and said those footsteps arnt your footsteps, they are my footsteps and i was holding you in my hand.

thank for such a beautiful moshel. it brought tears to my eyes. btw u remind me of something i saw from the Steipler Z'Tz'al advised those stuggling with the m* issue to daven for protection from the Yetzer Harah and even if it seems that the tefilos are not being answered,keep davening again and again!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 11 Jan 2011 06:13 #92815

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The more that you become a person who doesn't discuss those things, the less people will discuss them with you - and it will bring you a measure of respect, as well. Certainly from yourself!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 11 Jan 2011 18:06 #92875

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
glad to hear you're ok
daf chaf hei is great!

Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Jan 2011 02:40 #92955

silent, they dont discuss them TO me (as often-but still say to me) they talk amongst themselves all the time. and even though i dont talk about it and they know i dont appreciate it, they never-the-less talk about it.

day 17, wow. thank you hashem for each and every day.
learning torah helps so much with this! really gives a person a real connection to hashem!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Jan 2011 12:35 #92982

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In general, people will become more sensitive to you, and one thing is for certain - this offers you an opportunity to become a person who truly doesn't talk about these things. And that will be useful in years to come.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 12 Jan 2011 12:55 #92985

• Gaveup
  • Expert Boarder
Believe me they wont tell you but they respect you for it.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes