Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25331 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 Jan 2011 02:49 #91749

hello.
im back at home.
nesivos shalom vort. the best light comes from that which is dark. after all said and done.the simcha of having one clean day after billions of not clean days that so many people here have said, it only came after all the hard work that they put into it.
btw, so so so many of the nesivos shaloms have very key concepts for us in recovery, im still learning them, dont have much to say about them.
day 8 or 9.
i have been doing much much much much much muc better in this count than any other count, its because i have this concept that i cant do anything by myself, its all hashem! hashem gave me this galus because this is the middah that i got myself into and now hashem and only hashem can get me out
goodnight
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 05 Jan 2011 03:52 #91889

9 or 10.
still here. no time to post. i only have 2o or 30 min of time from when i get home until the call.
so just checking in

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 05 Jan 2011 06:04 #91913

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear!

Remember, one day at a time...today is the only day that matters. This hour, is the only hour that matters. It's also the only temptation, the only test, that you can do anything about.

Keep on rocking!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 05 Jan 2011 06:08 #91917

• im not alone
silentbattle wrote on 05 Jan 2011 06:04:

Keep on rocking!

probably misspelled
keep on trucking

run a spell check

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 05 Jan 2011 07:15 #91923

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on rocking, and rolling...and trucking, too. 

I can elaborate a bit, if you want (even if this wasn't necessarily what i originally had in mind): We think of stars as people performing on stage in front of crowds of thousands...but we need to realize that we are stars, what we accomplish every day just by signing in on GYE, giving a bit of chizuk, staying clean one day...is HUGE!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you've gotta be yourself, be original, and give lots of chizuk!

Rock on, friend.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2011 07:17 by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Jan 2011 01:26 #92081

ive been rocking and rolling and trucking. im on day 10. nd baruch hashem my attitude has been great, i have not even had to do any fighting at all. i did not use an ounce of energy to control myself. so how am i still clean and on day 10 or 11 (i keep loseing track, pretty sure that its 11 though) but how am i clean? thats an easy question, i havnt been fighting, BUT HASHEM HAS BEEN FIGHTING MY BATTLEs, the only thing is that i have to give it to him and ask him for help, he doesnt come in until we let him in. last night i had some lusting desires, and i gave it to hashem.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Jan 2011 01:51 #92084

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
gevaldig!
keep up your great work
just be careful not to get lulled into complacency
ashrecha vetov lach
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Jan 2011 02:40 #92091

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2011 02:44 by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Jan 2011 03:28 #92098

• im not alone
HashemsSoldier wrote on 06 Jan 2011 01:26:

ive been rocking and rolling and trucking. im on day 10. nd baruch hashem my attitude has been great, i have not even had to do any fighting at all. i did not use an ounce of energy to control myself. so how am i still clean and on day 10 or 11 (i keep loseing track, pretty sure that its 11 though) but how am i clean? thats an easy question, i havnt been fighting, BUT HASHEM HAS BEEN FIGHTING MY BATTLEs, the only thing is that i have to give it to him and ask him for help, he doesnt come in until we let him in. last night i had some lusting desires, and i gave it to hashem.

wow you should proud of yourself (and from me, 13 days clean )

are you on the "90 day chart" if not get on it NOW
its a life saver
guardyoureyes.org/woh/90day.php

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 06 Jan 2011 07:04 #92114

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Fantastic! Doesn't it feel great?!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 07 Jan 2011 05:23 #92325

yes, it feels great, im trying to remember that im still addicted.
theres more to say but i just got home, its 11 20 at night. cya tommorow, if it will lready be shabbas for some, then good shabas

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 07 Jan 2011 06:33 #92329

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
have a great shabbos, and remember to celebrate the fact that you're sober! Get yourself something extra this shabbos that you enjoy!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 09 Jan 2011 00:36 #92419

very moving shalosh shudis, i sat at the table of an erlicher and a heileger jew who has cancer, he was saying a lot of tehillem, with a smile on his face...its shabbas, he probably wants to keep happy lekavod shabbas. raises a lot of emotion in my heart.
i think today is day 13. only have to keep myself busy for 2 hours, then im going to a melava malka.
gut voch.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 09 Jan 2011 01:30 #92423

• 2nd-chance
  • Current streak: 85 days
  • Gold Boarder
HS
keeping yourself busy with the net is not recommended by our friends
GUT VOCH
Hatzlocho rabba
The multitude of wounds on a soldier demonstrate his audacity.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 09 Jan 2011 06:29 #92471

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
We also need to keep happy lekavod US!

No matter what the situation is, we can usually be happy, if we choose to. When there's pressure from Lust, especially (just for example  ), how we view the situation is the deciding factor in whether we feel overjoyed about being sober, or miserable.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes