Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25783 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Nov 2010 05:39 #85964

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS,
great to hear you are doing good!
keep smiling, keep controlling and keep being awesome
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Nov 2010 06:47 #85974

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 21 Nov 2010 01:13:

today was day 5.
shabbas was awesome. i ate at my rebbis house. and i controlled my eyes over shabbas

But I think it is permitted to look at your rebbi!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Nov 2010 20:17 #86033

haha....although this is not what i originally meant by that but also...i ate at my rebbis house and although you are aloud to look at your rebbe, i did not look at his daughter. also, over the entire shabbas i think i did a pretty decent job. obviosly a person can always always improve. i feel that now that i learn torah, it is easier (comparitivly) to control my eyes. anyways today is day 6

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 00:28 #86061

• bardichev
Wow!! Kot

Don't look back

from strength to strength

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 02:12 #86082

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS, day 6 will soon be 60 & than 600 and so on , just keep ur guard up, connect all the cords to hashem and move ahead my friend, u r young and a full blissful life ahead of u

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 03:49 #86094

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
koecadw
kokot

w

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 04:00 #86098

i just spent about 2 hours and got through a daf. and for someone who has the skills, it would have been just an average daf that would have taken 10 min. but i really put my effort into it, i was able to have been overwelmed but i wasnt. it feels really good. i feel connected to hashem.
one of the things yaakov sent eisav this last weeks parsha was gifts. and that whole episode teaches of how to prepare for an encounter with the yetzer. 1. war (through learning torah) 2. daven to hashem and the 3rd one is gift. how do we fight with giving a gift? my rav (very very very basically) said that we have to convince our yetzer that doing the mitzvah or not doing the aveirah is good for the yetzer also. the yetzer could receive honor from otheres if you learn etc etc. so we have to make sure our yetzer understands that not only spiritually is our fight in this area good for us. but also physically. it helps us be happy etc each person in his own case

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 06:26 #86123

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Connecting is always a good feeling - and is so much more real when we get clean!

Rock on!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Nov 2010 18:04 #86183

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 22 Nov 2010 00:28:

Don't look back

Don't look ahead or to the sides either!  Just kinda' keep your eyes down.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Nov 2010 03:14 #86293

my basement flooded AGAIN. im really really really annoyed cus i have to take care of it AGAIN....i HATE it. its so frustrating. but for the sake of staying clean. im trying to control myself.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Nov 2010 06:16 #86313

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Been there, done that (in several different situations). I have some idea of how crazy annoying that can be, although every situation is different. I'm sorry, and I hope it never happens to you again.

Just a note - After i started working on being clean, there was a point when I was suddenly hit by a few different really stressful situations, and I realized that although somehow, there's almost a "justification" to act out in that kind of situation, that really doesn't make any sense! Once i realized that, and accepted that a stressful situation doesn't mean i have to act out, it became much easier - it was like I'd realized that an advertising campaign has been trying to manipulate me all along to buy something I don't need.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Nov 2010 16:21 #86337

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 23 Nov 2010 03:14:
my basement flooded AGAIN. im really really really annoyed cus i have to take care of it AGAIN....i HATE it. its so frustrating. but for the sake of staying clean. im trying to control myself.
Wow. So you're saying you're in a state where your entire "downstairs" is wet and smelly and perhaps on its way to getting a little dangerous Ch'V. And that you're trying to control yourself, despite the frustration. And that it's not the first time you've had to clean out the foundation from getting a little wet and smelly.

Wait... what were we talking about again? Was that a water leak, or somehow a symbolic version of all this 'other' stuff going on in your life/all of our lives. Or is it maybe all the same thing? And is it just vaguely possible that as you work yourself out of the tarnished foundation of your own yesod, Hashem will stop feeling a need to send you the "three boats and a helicopter" warning of where things could be heading?

Far better a basement to clean up than a life. Maybe you could even come to thank Him for bringing you the message in a way that keeps you otherwise happy and healthy.

Or, I could be a total lunatic who's completely off the mark. Your choice.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Nov 2010 23:28 #86423

wow bruit. thats good stuff. there is so much to take out of that. even the most stressfull of times can have the biggest messages.

btw not my entire basement. just certain parts. and its rain water, nevethe less its hard....just as a sidepoint.

day 8? still going strong. unfortunatly my school give a break for thanksgiving and unfortunatly my family makes a deal of thanksgiving. unfortunatly there will be guests with very attractive daughters. i will be doing a lot of learning and davening beforehand. i will definatly be talking to hashem in my mind at the thing. and i will really put the effort it....i have 2 days to prepare myself.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Nov 2010 00:25 #86436

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Let's talk turkey.
Do you have an old prescription glasses you can wear?
You could always lose your current pair temporarily.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Nov 2010 01:07 #86453

1st, any old prescription glasses would only mess my vision a little bit. it would be a good hecer-reminder. ill try to see whats possible...it will take a lot of energy to work on it. but im willing to put it in.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes