Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25327 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Dec 2010 20:26 #90558

today is day 2....still doing pretty well.
apparently netei gavriel doesnt have any seforim on shabbas. does anyone have any ideas about the best way for me to learn hilchos shabbas? any straightforward seforim?
im on daf yud in chazarah. its hard to learn by yourself, itsw lonely,i learned with rabbi twerski today, he was waiting for his chavrusah to come and he came and asked me what we are learning while we wait for his chavrusah to come. so we learnt for about 10 min until his chavrusa came. its felt very good that at least for 10 min i didnt have to be by myself. as many of us know, one of the hardest things is feeling alone which is a feeling i have a lot (A LOT). at least i know that regarding this addiction im not alone
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Dec 2010 22:43 #90582

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
there is a sefer called Hilchos Shabbos Beshabato (i think) written last year by Rabbi Shlomo Dikman from Lakewood
one volume. seems like a good comprehensive sefer
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Dec 2010 23:10 #90590

if i knew yiddish, i have a hilchos shabbas book in yiddish. to bad i dont know yiddish.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 00:12 #90596

i dont know the best way to explain this so here we go:
i noticed that in the past 5 days, there were three times the when i went to the bathroom (for mei raglaim) and when i was done going to the bathroom at the end i had some zera come out completly by itself, without me makeing it come out,(no hirrhurim etc) is this the same concept as a wet dream? that it builds up and just has to come out?

unfortunatly, we have a cleaning lady here (ARGGGGGG- a sound of being  annoyed) but im controlling my eyes. shes not the most attractive person ever (unfortunatly i realized that) but im trucking on.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 06:29 #90642

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Even less of an issue than a wt dream. Don't worry about it.

Glad to hear you doing well!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 15:34 #90659

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HashemsSoldier wrote on 23 Dec 2010 23:10:

if i knew yiddish, i have a hilchos shabbas book in yiddish. to bad i dont know yiddish.

the sefer i referenced earlier is in hebrew, not yiddish

another idea might be to ask your rav or rebbe what they recommend for hilchos shabbos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 15:47 #90660

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
silentbattle wrote on 24 Dec 2010 06:29:

entirely agree

don't worry about it at all

you are doing super work!
pat yourself on the back and keep it up
have a great shabbos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 18:08 #90685

Glad to hear you doing well!

ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Dec 2010 15:47:

entirely agree

don't worry about it at all

you are doing super work!
pat yourself on the back and keep it up
have a great shabbos

thank you, and you have a good shababas also. shabbos has become my favorate day of the week. (its not lishma) its the day i get to daven at my shul of choice and be where i want to be with people who serious about yiddishkeit. i love leil shabbas onegs (too bad we dont have to many of them and not so often) good shabbas everyone!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 24 Dec 2010 20:29 #90697

• frumfiend
Lishma dosent mean when we are sitting with a scowl on our face hating every moment. Lishma means enjoying life on hashems terms. His davening his shabbos and even  good food on shabbos is lishma.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25 Dec 2010 17:06 #90702

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Frumfiend The star wrote on 24 Dec 2010 20:29:

Lishma dosent mean when we are sitting with a scowl on our face hating every moment. Lishma means enjoying life on hashems terms. His davening his shabbos and even  good food on shabbos is lishma.

How's this:
;D

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Dec 2010 00:27 #90709

thnks!
im a little weak, a little (lot) of annoyance. i think that the fact that i am putting an effort into shmiras habris in my house (with all the shtus and the garbage from the outside world) is a neis galei
gut voch
btw i think today is 6?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Dec 2010 03:57 #90720

oy. i had another fall. its so hard to be clean and in the house where i live. theres so many triggures. magazines, tvs always on. wtvr.......i didnt spill seed (lashon naki) so that meens i still have a strong desire to finish the act. im so frustrated and confuzed, and angry. i guess RID. im trying to control myself from these feelings.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 26 Dec 2010 20:12 #90789

today is dya one.
for some reason, in my mind, the release is the worst part and the part that always got me the most worried/depressed. and the mast*** is not AS bad. I know that its not true, but my BRAIN doent understand it yet. idk why. this is something i have noticed.
i really need to get myself to email my rebbi, as i said i would whenever i fall. aspecialy since i didnt have a release yesterday, that would teach my brain that the mast**** is also very bad.
anyways, the first nesivos shalom on this parsha is a must see. it talkes about the galus that we ourselves are in and being controlled by aveiros which are above nature, AKA an addiction. its a must see.
hs

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Dec 2010 19:02 #91041

still here

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 28 Dec 2010 19:38 #91044

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
c'mon HS, how about a compound sentence?

just kidding. good to see you here.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes