Welcome, Guest

Chaim starting over - again
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chaim starting over - again 7935 Views

Re: Chaim starting over - again 22 Nov 2010 11:36 #86138

• installed
  • Platinum Boarder
Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.
Last Edit: by .

Day 14 22 Nov 2010 14:56 #86150

• chaim77
  • Current streak: 54 days
  • User
Thanks Frumfiend and Installed.  G-d willing all of our posts should serve to strengthen us to growth everyday - starting today.

Today is day 14.  This morning my mind was wanting to play tricks on me.  I would consider myself on a state of high alert. Whatever nisayon or urge comes my way, I must trust in my heart that Hashem is more powerful and infact that nisayon has no real power, only perceived power.  The point today is not to get in a fight with it; I cannot engage or flirt with the YH today.  No doing handstands on the ledge of the grand canyon today.  Today's a day to just stay out of the state of Arizona.  I need Hashem right here to day all day and if I will be humble and willing, He will be here.  What a blessing - I don't need to fight this on my own!

A good Monday to everyone!

Day 15 - Good Shiurim Recommendations 23 Nov 2010 15:41 #86329

• chaim77
  • User
This morning kicks off day 15 for me.  Today will be a bit hectic as I try to get loose ends tied up at work and then pack to go to the in-laws tomorrow for Thanksgiving.  So our children will sleep in the car we tend to leave at 3am in the morning so by the time they wake up we're already 1/2 way there.  It works out well for the children, but I'm tired just thinking about it.  I'll have my i-pod with Joe and Charlie and some music loaded up.  I'm going to poke around and see if I can find a shiur or two to listen to as well.  There's nothing quite like watching the sunrise while driving 80mph behind the wheel of a Toyota sienna!

If anyone has any good shiurim recommendations I'd love to hear them.  What's the most inspiring shiur that you've listened to lately?  I really enjoye L. Keleman, Akiva Tatz and the like.  I could use something uplifiting.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 23 Nov 2010 15:49 #86330

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
simpletoremember.com has a lot of shiurim from Rabbi Akiva Tatz and some from Rabbi Lawrence Kelemen. Rabbi David Orlofsky has a very humorous way of presenting things, you should try him as well.

check out this page as well for shiurim pertaining to struggling with lust:
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

have a safe trip!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Day 16 24 Nov 2010 20:43 #86614

• chaim77
  • User
We'll we made it to the in laws after waking up at 2:15am and leaving the house at 3am.  I just woke up from a little shloof.  Not much to say, but wanted to report in.  I am away from the office and my normal life for 5 days now and I'm looking for a little reset.  It's been great not to be acting out these last 2 weeks, but I've been procrastinating a lot and also discovering a lot of projects that I've swept under the rug while acting out.  This is very stressful and creates a lot of fear in me.  Not good.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 24 Nov 2010 20:58 #86618

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
try having a talk with the Boss...
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Chaim starting over - again 24 Nov 2010 21:26 #86621

• frumfiend
chaim you are so honest and perceptive

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 06:43 #86701

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You might want to to check out Rav Yitzchok Berkovitz, if you can get hold of his stuff. He has a lot of good things to say.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 12:01 #86725

• chaim77
  • User
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Nov 2010 20:58:

ZS - Those may be the most important 6 words I read today.  Thanks!

This morning is day 17.  I'm up early with the baby who is bouncing like a madman in his chair bouncer.  I'd write more, but it's time for some early AM bonding with the little man.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 12:41 #86729

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chaim77 wrote on 25 Nov 2010 12:01:

ZemirosShabbos wrote on 24 Nov 2010 20:58:

ZS - Those may be the most important 6 words I read today. 
I understand that when a person gets really distracted and irritated, his concentration for math can disappear. (Or maybe there's no need to use the word 'having' so the count was actually right. Dan l'kaf zchus.) I'm just trying to inject a little levity here....

Keep on trucking, and enjoy both the baby and the spouse.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 16:19 #86757

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Briut, maybe he 'holds' that the correct spelling is "theBoss", cause after all, He is THE Boss
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 16:30 #86761

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
silentbattle wrote on 25 Nov 2010 06:43:

You might want to to check out Rav Yitzchok Berkovitz, if you can get hold of his stuff. He has a lot of good things to say.

i enthusiastically second that motion, Rabbi Berkowitz has a clarity i have rarely seen elsewhere. if you do find his recorded shiurim can you share the source? i've don't think i've seen any available
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 18:56 #86794

• chaim77
  • User
That's hilarious!  It was like 5:30 when I posted that.  So it's 7 words.

I will check out R. Berkowitz for the drive back.  Any particulary recommendations?

Re: Chaim starting over - again 25 Nov 2010 19:03 #86796

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
www.aishaudio.com/ssi/aish/speaker/rabbi-yitzchak-berkowitz.php

at aishaudio.com they have many shiurim, but they are not free. here are some free shiurim:
www.classicsinai.com/
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Chaim starting over - again 26 Nov 2010 13:53 #86962

• chaim77
  • User
Day 18 on this.  Chai!!!  May we all be blessed with a day of recovery today.  Thanks for the tips on the audio.  I have downloads loaded up for the trip back - however since we're doing the drive back home during the day, I probably won't get a chance to listen for a while.  Kol Tuv.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes