Welcome, Guest

Chaim starting over - again
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chaim starting over - again 7932 Views

Re: Chaim starting over - again 21 Jun 2011 18:33 #109250

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
chaim77 wrote on 21 Jun 2011 13:32:

I was able to make a 9th step call last night with my younger sister and the results were amazing and beyond my wildest expectation.

Great!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Chaim starting over - again 22 Jun 2011 13:31 #109310

• chaim77
  • Current streak: 54 days
  • User
I wanted to let the chevra know about a service that is available that has helped me a lot in my recovery.  Hazelden.org which is a publishing house for addiction and recovery literature posts a thought for the day.  Anyone who has gone to live SA, SAA or other meetings has no doubt seen Habelden's daily meditations books around the tables. 

Anyway, they have a "thought for the day" that they post on their website and they also have a subscription service that will e-mail you a thought for the day every morning.  I've benefited a lot from these daily thoughts and wanted to throw it out there for anyone else that was interested.

Here's the link

www.hazelden.org/web/public/thought.view

Other than that, I woke up this morning a bit agitated but after davening I am feeling much calmer.  I know that I have a lot of underlying anxiety about my business and also selling our house.  But really the anxiety is a reaction to my uncertainty in the situation.  Since I don't know how either situation will turn out, it can really cause me to get wrapped around the axle.  The fact is this - Hashem is in charge and the right outcome will happen in both situations.  This is certain - it may be unknown to me, but it is certain.  So really my anxiety shows a deficiency in Emunah and Bitachon. 

Anyway it's good to check in before my RID levels start to rise any higher.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 23 Aug 2011 03:45 #115853

I have been reading through ur forum> u are an inspiration. keep on posting.

Re: Chaim starting over - again 23 Aug 2011 15:14 #115913

• heuni memass
Chaim -good morning. Its really impressive watching your progress.. working the program and living recovery.. Keep it up and remember - its all G-d all the time!

Have a happy and successful day!

hm
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes