Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 106701 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 03:40 #84721

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thanks HS, 1daat and FFTS!

on shabbos, in middle (actually near the end of shmona esrei) of davening i had a flashback of a video i had seen in the past, a bad video, no need for details, and it starting effecting me, baruch Hashem i was able to gently direct my mind away from it, and i started davening for my buddies here on GYE, please help ___ break free, please help ____ come out of the addiction, and so on, down the list (including myself). by the time i got through a couple names i was back to trucking along (special Shabbos truck). chalk up another one for GYE.

was also thinking about how Yosef is connected with the struggle to stay pure and how his name is related to this. this is what i came up with:
2 points, one is that if a person falls and does not arrest the fall he will keep falling further and further down, first with looking, then acting and progressing from somewhat bad to worse until there are absolutely no barriers and he will need the most damaging, weird and bizarre things to get that elusive fix. that is connected to the word Yosef, which means to add, as Rachel said right after Yosef was born (!), that Hashem should grant her another son, yosef Hashem li ben acher. there is almost never the satisfaction of feeling that a plateau has been reached and nothing further is needed. eiver katan yesh ba'adam, mas'bio mar'ivo. a newer, different and more exotic fix will be needed.
on the good side, if a person is shomer habris, then he connects himself to Hashem and is able to receive a vitality and hischadshus in torah and tefila and all of life and he keeps going and going in kedusha, mechayil el chuyil, kemayan hamisgaber. he will constantly find new good things in life, new sources of vitality.
the word Yosef denotes that continuous movement, constantly adding, constantly moving on to the next level, both down, ch'v, and up.
as the welcome package says, here at GYE they grab hold of you and pull you up, up, up..
amen, ken yehi ratzon.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 04:00 #84726

• frumfiend
Beautifull post zemmmmysss

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 04:19 #84733

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
nice!  Vos iss "scion". Is this Yosef on skis? A gutteh voch.

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 04:38 #84738

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
totw!

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 05:41 #84752

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
1daat wrote on 14 Nov 2010 04:19:

nice!  Vos iss "scion". Is this Yosef on skis? A gutteh voch.

i think in his locale it would have been a little hard to get around on skis, unless you mean water skis. maybe a Segway
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 06:17 #84757

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
world wrote on 14 Nov 2010 04:38:

totw!

first i thought you meant Totally Outta This World
but then i checked your handy-dandy glossary and was enlightened...

thank you!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 13:19 #84775

• bardichev
Yiddish for skiing is skee-un (kj)

Skee-in (bp)

Or plain skee

Here is it in it right way to say skkee in yiddish

Ess iss assach fun tzee gayn skkee or skEe-un or skkee-in

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 16:57 #84801

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ok rebbe, so where is the closest ski area near Bardstown, KY?

don't tell me you forgot about the shabbaton you are making for us...

besides, it would be a nice break to the monotony of seeing all the rebbes at chasunas, bar mitzvahs, chumash seudas, and vorts, to see a 'geblimta bekishe' doing a perfect slalom run, no?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 17:03 #84802

• bardichev
Kentucky
No resorts found for KENTUCKY

the only ski we have is whis-ski

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 17:56 #84819

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ach! Zoich a shandeh!! You guys seem to have lost all hakaros hatov for our forbears (no, not Yogi or even Goldie's friends, the other bears ):

KamenetSKI, WarshavSKI, MichelovSKI, BrodSKI, etc etc.

I suppose it's just more proof of Yeridos haDoros, meaning that we're all moving downhill. With skis.

I expected more from you, chevra.

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 22:53 #84875

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
How do you ski while driving a truck anyway?

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 23:03 #84877

• bardichev
Snowmobile

Re: Zemmy's story 14 Nov 2010 23:32 #84880

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
oh.

Re: Zemmy's story 15 Nov 2010 20:50 #84998

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
just told the wife of my struggles. Baruch Hashem a thousand times over she is very supportive and understanding. gives me a whole new appreciation of her. i think i did it in a brash way and could have done better with some advice and planning but it sort of happened on its own and it is over and done.

and here is some long-due acknowledgment: thanks to GYE, Guard and all the special people here on the forum i was able to get to this point and hopefully move forward living a real life, not a life chasing screen pixels and fleeting moments. my special dear friends here on GYE, you know who you are, you are so precious in my eyes and you help me so much, i literally owe my 'real' life to you. thank you so much.

please keep posting, advising, davening and clowning. all of it is welcome.
thanks

back to the real thorny issues of life: what happens if a snowmobile slips and falls before reaching 90 yards? should it call its sponsor? or try the torah & chizuk approach? and is Wayne Gretzski jewish?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 16 Nov 2010 00:40 #85058

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
When the snowmobile begins to think that he is in charge, that he goes wherever he wants to, that is the beginning of the troubles. He is constantly being steered from above, if he overturns he can be confident that the One above will right him quickly so that he can continue racing toward the finish line!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes