Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 106692 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Apr 2018 22:47 #330163

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 23 Feb 2017 13:14:
Zemmy's quotes need no introduction, nor do they need any explainin':

I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
~ Rabindranath Tagore

lotta wisdom in there...
i often think if i'll have that gadget, car, house, experience, etc., THEN i'll really be happy. never works.
the only true lasting happiness is when we do the right thing and work towards our goal.

"One who is laboring to achieve, to build, and is aware that the result is taking shape as it should cannot be depressed no matter how hard the work." (Rabbi Akiva Tatz, The Thinking Jewish Teenagers Guide to Life)

I thought you were writing Zemmy's quotes.   Rabindranath Tagore  was the son of the head honcho of the Brahmo Samaj, they were the guys who attempted a revival of the ultimate monistic basis of Hinduism as laid down in the Upanishads.   What does he have to do with Rabbi Akiva Tatz, ..... Unless they are both really Zemmy in disguse...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2018 22:52 by stillgoing. Reason: left my cliffnotes in there. whoops

Re: Zemmy's story 27 Jan 2021 00:46 #362034

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
briut wrote on 30 Dec 2010 21:57:
What a shame that the many folks from Lakewood who are posting, lurking, and r'l suffering in silence... feel they can't out themselves here.

I'm sure, though, that if a Lakew--der heard a sincere chant to reach out via PM, he would see the life-saving value in taking such a step.

Takkonos or not.

And I'm only half-jesting in this post, by the way.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes