Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 106699 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 20 Aug 2013 15:34 #216616

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
tut, tut child! said the duchess. everything has got a moral if only you can find it
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Zemmy's story 20 Aug 2013 15:36 #216617

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Alice did not so much like keeping close to her: First, because the Duchess was VERY ugly...

Re: Zemmy's story 20 Aug 2013 21:45 #216666

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
`Speak when you're spoken to!' The Queen sharply interrupted her.

`But if everybody obeyed that rule,' said Alice, who was always ready for a little argument, `and if you only spoke when you were spoken to, and the other person always waited for you to begin, you see nobody would ever say anything, so that -- '
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2013 20:26 #217028

• AlexEliezer
  • Platinum Boarder
Zemmy I just have to tell you the nanach yammi really cracked me up

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2013 20:37 #217031

• cordnoy
The day I know of what any of you are talkin about will be the day the moon stands at noon and a raging river will blow in a unicorn driven by a handsome gallant knight dressed in shiny silver armor with a green dragon's head perched on the point of his lance...and not a moment before that.

I love it though!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2013 20:44 #217034

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 23 Aug 2013 22:08 #217052

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
I'm not totally sure but I think this might be the alice in wonderland version of ODAAT.

“The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday-but never jam today

It must come sometime to jam today, Alice objected

No it can't said the Queen It's jame every other day. Today isn't any other day, you know”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Sep 2013 22:34 #218646

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Chuck-e Cheese, CD Players and Aseres Yemei Teshuva

A few days ago my wife tells me that the CD player in our car is not working. Seems like some younger family members mistook the CD slot for a pushka and deposited a few coins into it. So being the home-repair knight in shining armor that I imagine myself to be (usually only before I try to fix things), I searched online to see if anyone else shares this problem.

Lo and behold, multitudes of ordinary citizens across the country suffer in similar straits. Fixing it would involve either bringing the car to a dealer and paying lots of moola - scratch that one - or doing it myself. Ambition buoying my DIY attitude, I prepared screwdrivers, drills and ratchet and began the delicate surgery of removing the CD player without killing it.

First remove this panel, then unscrew this, then unplug this, then unscrew this, and this and this... A great pile of screws grew until finally the offenders were laid bare. One quarter, a dime, two pennies and a Chuck-E cheese token were lounging in the inner chambers of my CD player. A few shakes, a gentle prod and the interlocutors were banished. Well, most of them, the token was wedged pretty tight and would listen to neither threat or promise of reward.

A trial run of the CD player showed that it was working - Halleluja! Now I tackled the screw-pile and before long everything was screwed back into place. Only casualty of the operation was the tuning dial, which bears mute testimony to the cruelties of weekend warrior repairmen. But, and this is key, Yermiah Damen is now holding forth in all his baritone splendor and R' Dovid Orlofsky is pontificating about whether Rosh Hashana is really all about "YOU ARE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!". So glory be, the wife can shuttle the kids to and from soccer practice machanayim tournaments with pleasing music to accompany the din of the mishpoocha.

At first the CD player cleaning seemed like an odd activity for this time of year but after some thought it dawned on me that sometimes the inner instruments get clogged and the music stops. A good shake, some prodding and tightening some screws can get the sound track working again.

Chuck-E cheese is still there though.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 09 Sep 2013 22:40 #218648

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
ZemirosShabbos wrote:
... with pleasing music to accompany the din of the mishpoocha.
Zemmy, I hope your gantze mishpoocha is zoiche badin.
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook

Re: Zemmy's story 03 Oct 2013 19:01 #220223

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

That's the place where "an adult can be a kid"?

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Oct 2013 09:50 #220297

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Just reading old posts. Do you still have M'onday A'ppreciation N'ights?

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Oct 2013 19:57 #220312

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Eye.nonymous wrote:
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

That's the place where "an adult can be a kid"?

veyesh omrim that Home Depot is the real grown ups toy store
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 04 Oct 2013 20:28 #220313

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
tehillimzugger wrote:
Just reading old posts. Do you still have M'onday A'ppreciation N'ights?

alas, the scheduled occurrence has lapsed, but the spontaneous practice is still extant
thanks for asking though
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 27 Jan 2014 15:21 #226990

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Long Long Time Ago
על טובותיך שבכל יום עמנו!
Here's to celebrating Zemmy's existence!
ZemirosShabbos wrote:
Would like to formally introduce myself here, even though it is a little late in the game.

I am married with a couple of kids b"h. ever since i started working on computers i would periodically seek out p***. first with a dial-up connection, then later with hi-speed internet. for days i would zone out at work, doing the bare minimum, making sure no one saw my dark secret, and feeling all the time that i am probably the only one in my circle of people who has this terrible secret. i would feel bad and try to stop. especially on Yom Kippur i would decide to stop. usually it would last a few weeks but then i would fall back into it. years later i put in a filter and it helped a lot. but only my computer had a filter and even a filter is not fool-proof. i found things that got through the filter. i found opportunities to use other computers. i changed filters. i even shut off the filter at some points.

i found GYE in a round-about way, through a google search for a halacha. i slowly started reading more and more. then i put in k9 and gave the password to the filter gabai (what a zechus Guard and him have!). that helped a lot for the p***. almost a year ago i registered for the forum and posted a little here and there. someone on the forum reached out to me and we became partners (thank you!). that gave me a lot of chizuk. i feel that someone understands my struggle and i spilled the beans about my dark secret. i feel that if i fall ch'v i can holler out to my partner to come dig me out. that is a great feeling. like wearing a life-jacket on a boat or a parachute on a plane.

since Pesach i am clean. thanks to Hashem and to GYE. i realize that since i did not do the steps or join any phone groups the level of change to my attitudes are not too drastic. i think it is the awareness and constant chizuk provided by the forum and chizuk emails that account for whatever time i was able to stay out of trouble. at least i know that the resources for furher change are available if ch'v needed in the future.

i cannot thank Guard enough for putting up this Migdal Oz of kedusha and for showing me and others the way to living clean lives. Same goes to Dov, Bardichev, yechida, Kedusha, Kanesher (remember him?), ImTrying25, Kollel Guy, RageATM, Briut, Silentbattle, Tried123 and many many others, more recently Ovadia, 1Daat, Frumfiend the Star, Yosef Hatzadik, ur-a-jew, jooboy, world, an honest mouse, HashemsSoldier, JIP and more. Special thanks to 1daat for pushing me (gently) to make my own thread. i read a lot more than i post and every time anyone posts about a victory, a fall, a thought, a struggle it is a chizuk just to see others who struggle and sometimes win and sometimes not and keep on going trucking. of course the lessons learned from the veterans here are precious beyond words.

I am by no means out of the woods. i constantly struggle to keep my eyes off things that they should not see both on and off the computer and i know that the dangers of p*** will never go away. but with Hashem's help and with GYE i hope to be clean and slowly change my attitudes for the better.

i chose the name zemiros shabbos because to me shabbos is the day we celebrate our relationship with Hashem and zemiros are one of the most beautiful ways of bring out the spirit of shabbos. it reminds me of what i have at stake in the struggle.
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2014 15:24 by TehillimZugger.

Re: Zemmy's story 28 Jan 2014 22:13 #227077

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
uh, thank you!
what's the inyan?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes