Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 107019 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 11 Oct 2011 12:47 #121742

• Back on Track
Quiet as a mouse...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 11 Oct 2011 14:00 #121748

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
took the words right out of my mouth  8)

Re: Zemmy's story 11 Oct 2011 14:32 #121757

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thanks for stopping by AHM, you are always welcome here, quiet or not.

a gut yohr to you and yours and here's to a zman simchaseinu full of simcha and nachas
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 11 Oct 2011 16:22 #121794

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
omein!!

Re: Zemmy's story 11 Oct 2011 23:21 #121846

• Back on Track
Gibor did you mean "took the words right outta my MOUSE" .... Thank you thank you everyone *bow. Now accepting rotten tomatoes as projectiles. Aim righ for my stomach :p

Re: Zemmy's story 17 Oct 2011 04:21 #121996

• Back on Track
Zemmy don't get too sloshed on loquat liquor at the simchas bards hashoeiva in kehilas ohavei KY.

Re: Zemmy's story 17 Oct 2011 19:54 #122057

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello.

Re: Zemmy's story 17 Oct 2011 20:28 #122060

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Ah gutten Moed!

Re: Zemmy's story 24 Oct 2011 14:55 #122320

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
a git vinter and a happy and healthy today to everyone

thank you BOT, Eye and Yosef for stopping by. somehow i did not post on GYE for many moons and i survived. not quite 90 days but it's a start. one day i will need to address my GYE-posting addiction. maybe when i start my post-yom-tov diet, and clean out the attic, and match all the CD cases to the respective cd's and fix the shlock. but by then it might be pesach already...

a thought occurred to me on Simchas Torah which may be worth sharing. We finish the Torah and immediately start reading it again from the beginning, showing that we did not even begin to master it and we start from the beginning like a newcomer. Yet at the same time we read the haftora from Sefer Yehoshua, which seems to signal that there is some element of completion and progression. We move from chumash to nach. Ultimately both ideas are important. We need to value our past experiences and achievements, while at the same time being aware of the fact that we are always beginners in as much as we never reach perfection.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Oct 2011 17:20 #122844

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
lately the realization that my wife is not appreciated enough is dawning upon me. appreciated by her husband, that is.

circumstances have made it that she is working very hard at something which i don't think she should be doing to the extent she is doing it.

she knows how i feel and does not expect me to go to the same lengths she goes to. she knows that the whole affair is being done in a way i dislike. yet she goes about her business moving and shaking things to get what she needs (wants) done.

and she juggles all the household stuff: kids (incl. new infant) laundry food carpool soccer practice etc).
and she has kind words to say to me and the kids.

while the husband was a grouch about things at times.

and recently a GYE-friend told me how his wife in under-appreciated. and i responded that IMHO most wives are under-appreciated. and after a day or so i realized that i am no different. duhhhh

reminds me of a vort i once thought of years ago (i think under Pres. Reagen or Bush I).
we say בצל כנפיך יחסיון
kanaf can mean wing or edge. what we are asking for is that we always be 'on the edge'. meaning the experience and appreciation of yiddishkeit should be fresh to us like someone who just came upon it. like the first time you put on tefilin, the first time you experience kabalas shabbos, the first time you come to GYE . by nature we get used to what we have and don't appreciate it. like our family, our wife, our house, our job, our health, our nose, our car starting in the morning when we need it to, the sun, the beautiful falls leaves etc.

and now please excuse me, i need to go write the wife a note to thank her, before UAJ gets here
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Oct 2011 17:38 #122848

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Oct 2011 17:20:

what we are asking for is that we always be 'on the edge'.

you mean ontheedgeman?

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Oct 2011 17:58 #122858

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Oct 2011 17:20:

and now please excuse me, i need to go write the wife a note to thank her, before UAJ gets here

As I'm reading it, I'm thinking to myself, there is a very easy solution to all of this . . . a nice note . . . accompanied by an even nicer piece of jewelry .
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Oct 2011 18:49 #122866

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
why not try the "act as if" tactic?
act as if you really appreciate everything she does, until you will mean it

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Oct 2011 21:53 #122934

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmeichel wrote on 26 Oct 2011 18:49:

oh, I thought you meant "act as if you already gave her the jewelry"....that's what I usually do come yomtov.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Zemmy's story 27 Oct 2011 19:51 #123069

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Shmeichel wrote on 26 Oct 2011 18:49:

דברים גדולים נאמרו כאן
very good idea
thank you for that
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes