Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zemmy's story 107018 Views

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 18:19 #120362

• heuni memass
I cant find post 5000. they all say 5003.

how is the baby soprano ben zekunim's father doing?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 18:37 #120364

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
התעיף עיניך בו ואיננו

b'h soprano poppa is doing good, trucking along
thanks for asking
how is HM doing? are you practicing some nice shticklach for 'hineni heuni memass'?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 18:38 #120365

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
heuni memass wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:19:

It always shows the total number of posts for that person.  If you want to memorialize a certain number, you have to do it yourself in the body of the post.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 18:49 #120367

• heuni memass

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 18:56 #120368

• heuni memass
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:37:

how is HM doing? are you practicing some nice shticklach for 'hineni heuni memass'?

Dont need to prepare that one. The less prepared we are on that one, the more vulnerable we feel.

oh... it gives me chills every time i think of the bal tfillah of my youth saying .. Nirash ve'nifchad mepachad yoshev thilois yisroel.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 19:01 #120370

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
heuni memass wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:56:

ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:37:

Dont need to prepare that one. The less prepared we are on that one, the more vulnerable we feel.

very well said!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 20:09 #120381

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
was thinking this morning that selichos and the r'h and y'k davening are somewhat like life. very long and at times feel like an ordeal to get through, i just want my honey-cake and brisket and this is just taking me away from them.

i remember keeping a mental countdown of the pages and the hours till it's over, especially as a child. as years go by i do that less, as the meaning and the relevance of the words become more apparent. still got quite a ways to go but it's a good lesson for me. our job is to find the meaning and the relevance in the words and they go from being a burden to being a joy
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 20:12 #120383

• bardichev
zemmy if u were in bardstown i would give u a flogging

although i can identify

but.........

please see me after class

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 20:14 #120385

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
just dont give me a 5k flogging

i want to hear what you have to say rebbe b
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 20:15 #120387

• bardichev
bardichev
Global Moderator

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking)

ZemirosShabbos
Married

balance balance!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 26 Sep 2011 20:17 by .

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 20:57 #120411

• heuni memass
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Sep 2011 20:09:

i remember keeping a mental countdown of the pages and the hours till it's over, especially as a child. as years go by i do that less, as the meaning and the relevance of the words become more apparent. still got quite a ways to go but it's a good lesson for me. our job is to find the meaning and the relevance in the words and they go from being a burden to being a joy

I remember that on tisha be'av. But the high holidays - you need a better baal te'filah.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 21:05 #120413

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ok, so where can i go to hear you daven?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 21:13 #120416

• heuni memass
You can gladly come join me in my shul. I am not the baal tefillah.

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 22:17 #120421

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 26 Sep 2011 20:09:
our job is to find the meaning and the relevance in the words and they go from being a burden to being a joy

I was originally going to post this on the chizzuk tefillah thread but it seemed timely here.  Also I wanted post 1144 to be on your thread.

This past shabbos I asked my family who knows what והחליצנו means? or  נערצך?  Going around the table including adult guests no one knew.  I then asked them imagine that a king asked them to carry out something and they returned to the king and told him "mutatis mutandis.  To which they responded "huh" and I said well actually the King said that same thing, what does that mean?  If you responded, "I don't know," what do you think the King's response would be?  Some agreed that "off with your head" where certainly within the range of possibilities, even though the response was a valid response to the King's question.  If you talk to the King and have no idea what you are saying, it's a problem.  Given that there are 3 meals per week that we say והחליצנו that's over 150 times we bentched and didn't know what we were saying.  Unfortunately, we have a lot more than that to do teshuva for, but if we don't want our davening to be a burden, probably one thing to do is to figure out what we are saying in the first place.

והחליצנו - "strengthen us"
נערצך - we will revere you
mutatis mutandis - "the necessary changes having been made; having substituted new terms"
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: Zemmy's story 26 Sep 2011 22:24 #120422

• bardichev
gibbor120 wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:38:

heuni memass wrote on 26 Sep 2011 18:19:

It always shows the total number of posts for that person.  If you want to memorialize a certain number, you have to do it yourself in the body of the post.

is that similar to quoting ones self?
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes