Welcome, Guest

this time im in it to win it
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: this time im in it to win it 7415 Views

Re: this time im in it to win it 05 Sep 2010 16:48 #77857

• bardichev
world wrote on 03 Sep 2010 13:06:

Every time bardichev posts, I get hungry.
8)

we have kretchmers all over the world

bardys pub
(eastern seaboard usa somewhere between kennebunkport maine and key west florida)

bardys of london (golders hill or stamford green)

yerushalayim snif of bardys (old city and beyond)

bardys od joburg ( johannesburg SA)

Last Edit: by .

Re: this time im in it to win it 05 Sep 2010 19:30 #77865

today is day 19. the 1st day of selichos. it was inspiring. r twerski said a great drasha.
here it is.
it says in this last weeks parsha you are all standing here today.....from your woodcutters until your water drawers. whenever the torah uses the were AD (until) it is saying to opposite extremes ex. mi'nar ve'ad zakain from your children until your elders 2 opposites. so why does it use AD over here? the zohar hakadosh tells us that when a peice of wood doesnt catch on fire when you want it to, chop it to smaller peices so it will catch fire better. so a jew whose body doesnt burn from the fire of the neshama you need to chop it up so it catches fire. also r. chaim vital says a person is made up of 4 elements, fire water wind and earth and the element of water represents taavah. so in the parsha it makes sence, its 2 extremes, the water drawer and the woodcutter to opposite personalities. our avodah is any kind of mesiras nefesh during these days precceding rosh hashana. anything to nullify ourselves to hashem is like chopping our bodies. and that can now make sence what the minkatcher rebbe said that the ikkur of selichos might not be the saying of the selichos but rather the getting up in the middle of the night. cus we get up and lose sleep, that is part of chopping at our bodies.

Re: this time im in it to win it 05 Sep 2010 20:44 #77870

ok so there is a hachnosos sefer torah today. and i wasnt really thinking so i was driving there and i realize, all the girls come to watch the hachnosos sefer trah, there were millions of them. so i just left,(also cus i realized im not dressed in my shabbas clothes but its probably better that i left cus im not close with any of the ppl making it so it didnt matter if i left) but anyways, i already saw a lot of girls and that really triggered me. also when i was driving i saw a girls that i used to talk to before i stopped and she was really good looking and i had a hard time. but now i have a big urge to go outside and just look at girls. the weather is beutiful so there are a lot that would be outside. im really triggered but im gona keep pushing. this week is shevua shechol bo, i need to be taking more control than usual not lose control

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 02:03 #77881

i used to have a facebook but i when i stopped talking to girls i kinda stopped using it except sometimes randomly i would go on to look at pics of girls. aspecially of the ones i used to talk to. so tonight i did that. the thing about facebook is you cant really delete your account. so i finally had enough falls cus of facebook (i dodnt have a fall in what im going for. i didnt mast. or look at p***) so i created a random yahoo email and i entered a random password. and i changed my facebook email to that new email. then i changed my fb password to a random pass that i dont know. so now i have no access to my fb or the email that would give me access to my fb.

p.s. if anyone else needs to do tha also, telll me so i can help you that you dont mess up.

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 06:46 #77891

WoW! Wow! Wow! I'm really really impressed!

Dear Hs,
I just read your entire thread, and I am litererly speechless!

You are bh soo devoted.

Please continue, it is really getting me thinking.

Hatzlocho at home

Well done

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 08:30 #77894

• buzi
  • Fresh Boarder
HashemsSoldier wrote on 06 Sep 2010 02:03:

the thing about facebook is you cant really delete your account. so i finally had enough falls cus of facebook (i dodnt have a fall in what im going for. i didnt mast. or look at p***) so i created a random yahoo email and i entered a random password. and i changed my facebook email to that new email. then i changed my fb password to a random pass that i dont know. so now i have no access to my fb or the email that would give me access to my fb.

p.s. if anyone else needs to do tha also, telll me so i can help you that you dont mess up.

When there is a wish there is a way.. or.......

בדרך שאדם רוצה לילך מוליכין אותו

Kol Hacovod, Soldier!

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 17:05 #77925

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
HashemsSoldier wrote on 05 Sep 2010 19:30:

R` Twerski said a great drasha.
Here it is.
It says in this last weeks parsha you are all standing here today.....from your woodcutters until your water drawers. whenever the torah uses the were AD (until) it is saying to opposite extremes ex. mi'nar ve'ad zakain from your children until your elders 2 opposites. so why does it use AD over here? the zohar hakadosh tells us that when a peice of wood doesnt catch on fire when you want it to, chop it to smaller peices so it will catch fire better. so a jew whose body doesnt burn from the fire of the neshama you need to chop it up so it catches fire. also r. chaim vital says a person is made up of 4 elements, fire water wind and earth and the element of water represents taavah. so in the parsha it makes sence, its 2 extremes, the water drawer and the woodcutter to opposite personalities. our avodah is any kind of mesiras nefesh during these days precceding rosh hashana. anything to nullify ourselves to hashem is like chopping our bodies. and that can now make sence what the minkatcher rebbe said that the ikkur of selichos might not be the saying of the selichos but rather the getting up in the middle of the night. cus we get up and lose sleep, that is part of chopping at our bodies.

Thanks a million!

I have been wondering about this word 'ad' for years & years!

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 18:13 #77930

hello my friends. thanks you not14
ovadiah: that is 100 percent true
YH: really??

DAY 20!!!! im soooooo excited! i had a really hard time controlling my eyes yesterday. i had a wet dream last night. has anyone ever woke up WHILE they were having the wet dream?? it kinda sounds strange. also since i woke up during it, it almost felt like i purposely had a fall. but i didnt. its just that i happened to wake up. please tell me what you have to say about this.

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 18:27 #77932

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
HashemsSoldier wrote on 06 Sep 2010 18:13:

Do you accuse me of lying?  >

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 18:29 #77933

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010

DAY 20!!!! im soooooo excited! i had a really hard time controlling my eyes yesterday. i had a wet dream last night.

The Yetzer Horah sees that you are putting up a fight when you are awake, so he is trying other times!!!  :D

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 18:34 #77934

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 06 Sep 2010 18:27:

Do you accuse me of lying?  >

nope. im glad i could be of of help then!
Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 06 Sep 2010 18:29:

DAY 20!!!! im soooooo excited! i had a really hard time controlling my eyes yesterday. i had a wet dream last night.

The Yetzer Horah sees that you are putting up a fight when you are awake, so he is trying other times!!!  :D

;D ;D ;D

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 19:31 #77941

Keep going
I'm cheering for you! But you probably can't hear.

Re: this time im in it to win it 06 Sep 2010 22:02 #77956

im really weak. like really weak. but im also super tired. i hope that when i get home from maariv ill go strait to sleep. but im still really weak. shemiras eynaim is very difficult right now. more than usual. i just found myself making a bunch of diff google searches hoping to find something that my filter doesnt block. thanks G-d i didnt find anything that i would consider p*** but still. im gona leave my computer now in case i start lookign again

Re: this time im in it to win it 07 Sep 2010 00:26 #77967

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep. Just walk away. A wise step.

And I'd recommend, don't even think about that step. Not for 24 hours. Just step. Think later. You'll have more perspective, and the yh will be not so alert.

Re: this time im in it to win it 07 Sep 2010 06:52 #77974

Just a reminder: your goal is 21 not 90!
(I learnt that from you)
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes